The 2014/2015 Fantasy Football Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Come one. Come all. And join our leagues.

Classic - 796694-194026
H2H - 796694-194059

All in favour of @Vae not being allowed to participate until after the January transfer window raise your hands. ;)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Come one. Come all. And join our leagues.

Classic - 796694-194026
H2H - 796694-194059

All in favour of @Vae not being allowed to participate until after the January transfer window raise your hands. ;)
:p it might be someone else's year!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm going to put Lampard in mine.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Click on Leagues under the EA logo up top and then Join a league then click Private league and put the code(s) in.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh, well yeah, I was assuming he had a team already and was just asking how to join leagues. Slight oversight on my part.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thanks for the assist, account created, team made and leagues joined.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Made a team a lil while ago and slightly alter it every now and then depending on news/ rumours/gut feelings however I can't decide on a cheaper 3rd striker for 5.5m. I was leaning towards Crouch for stoke or Campbell for Arsenal however I recently picked Bojan for Stoke, and I just cant make up my mind Crouch or Bojan :unsure:

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Signed up. I will no doubt lose interest by November like most years. ;D

Lethul

FH is my second home
Feels like it is more difficult to get together a team you are really happy with this year, at least for me.
Have always been pleased with me teams before it started but this year I am not pleased at all so far :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Made a team a lil while ago and slightly alter it every now and then depending on news/ rumours/gut feelings however I can't decide on a cheaper 3rd striker for 5.5m. I was leaning towards Crouch for stoke or Campbell for Arsenal however I recently picked Bojan for Stoke, and I just cant make up my mind Crouch or Bojan :unsure:

Bojan will play but behind the strikers, he is a bargain at 5.5.

I am there, fear Fingers United (for the first half of the season at least), I just don't understand how the same lads win these leagues year after year, I study and pick the right players but I think my mistake is too many transfers, transfers that cost points. Do you not do many point costing transfers @Vae ? I have another mate who wins *every* year and I don't know what I do differently to him.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Are you so sure Bojan vill be a bargain? Hasn't he been average/wank since leaving the Barca kid team?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Bojan will play but behind the strikers, he is a bargain at 5.5.

I am there, fear Fingers United (for the first half of the season at least), I just don't understand how the same lads win these leagues year after year, I study and pick the right players but I think my mistake is too many transfers, transfers that cost points. Do you not do many point costing transfers @Vae ? I have another mate who wins *every* year and I don't know what I do differently to him.

I think its in part to falling behind to early switching your captain around depending on form and also smart use of your wildcards, use it too early and your fucked till january or worse no more major changes without taking a big hit after; I know last year I had the Ramsay/Wilshere/RVP captain combo and Im pretty sure they all got injured I just left it as is thinking they would come back to form after injury but nope.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Are you so sure Bojan vill be a bargain? Hasn't he been average/wank since leaving the Barca kid team?

At 5.5 I'm having him due to his pre season form and goal scoring and it frees up some money for other players I want. I certainly won't be spending 11.5 on Daniel 'Twig-Legs' Sturridge.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Last year I tried to resist too many points hits but I think that's not necessarily the right tactic especially early in the season. I think a key point early in the season is to grow team value because it helps tremendously in the second half of the season. So try and jump on (legitimate) bandwagons early as the player is rising in value. Also ditch players as they fall in value. Totalfpl and fiso are sites that track price movements.

The captain choice matters a lot but can be very luck based. I never seem to have much luck choosing the correct captain :( just make sure you have at least three decent premium captain choices to give you options. Make sure you have reliable bench fodder because there will be injuries and they will matter.

Wild card can either be used fairly early (first international break is a popular choice) to create team value by jumping on early bandwagons and also sorting out your team once the established line ups appear and the top or surprising performers emerge, or late to take account of double game weeks. Due to weather and cup games there will be a few double game weeks late in the season which gives you opportunities to load up on double game week players then use the wild card to lose them all and rebuild for the remainder of the season. However this doesn't always work. Certainly didn't for me last season!

Finally paying attention over the whole season is vital and probably where most of you fall down. It's not a sprint but a marathon. In the last two years I've started badly but still pulled away by the season end.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Regarding Bojan he frees up funds to give you heavy hitting forwards and two or three heavy hitting midfielders. Stoke also rotate well with Swansea giving you good rotation possibilities with Sigurdsson who is also popular. I'm not totally sold on him though as he is a forward not playing as a forward and he is rather untested in the PL. However he has had a good pre-season and Stoke have good early fixtures.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've changed my team about 6 times so far today. :(

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
same shit as usual, star players on the bench....

114408-Fuck-Everything-gif-Imgur-fuck-nP75.gif

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Top in my work's Sun league, 1 point behind top in the works Prem League one. They may as well just give me my few hundred quid winnings now!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I just need to swap out Leicester's Vardy, was unaware he had a bad thigh strain.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If a red card is rescinded do I get the 3 points back? It annoys me (although it's logical) that a red-carded player loses points if the team concedes more goals but doesn't get points if they keep a clean sheet. For some reason I picked Naughton (I still think he's a solid RB he just had a bit of a 'mare on Saturday). :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Should we just end this season now and call me the winner? And skip the stress of the rest of the season.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Should we just end this season now and call me the winner? And skip the stress of the rest of the season.
Never! I'm a Spurs fan I live for stress and disappointment!

That being said I've got @Vae beat this week. Assuming nothing funky happens with subs, I've got more points than him and the same 3 Chelsea players still to play. Small victories. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom