Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, they are fucked. I said they were fucked even with him they'll have champions league games to play as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
One would think that is why they have bought plenty of cover. A striker and a couple of defenders and they will be fine next season.

Its funny how people still think they have the same squad that they finished with last season and ignore the players they have already bought.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Suarez was responsible for so many goals on his own though. And you just can't replace that unless you are extremely fortunate.

Embattle

FH is my second home
One would think that is why they have bought plenty of cover. A striker and a couple of defenders and they will be fine next season.

Its funny how people still think they have the same squad that they finished with last season and ignore the players they have already bought.

Yeah and that is exactly why you can compare it to Spurs.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Doesnt signing a contract for a new team count as football activity? Has suarez already broken terms of his ban?

soze

I am a FH squatter
He got special permission to do it with his medical. He is not yet allowed to meet the fans at the stadium when it's announced officially.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Suarez was responsible for so many goals on his own though. And you just can't replace that unless you are extremely fortunate.

They did ok when he was banned at the start of the season. If they spend wisely they will be fine. Brenda isn't new to football. It is so not like the spurs situation where they had a clueless manager and a clueless director of football.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Anyone seen Lazar Markovic play? Opinions?
There are a lot of people that are saying he is one of the best talents in the World but he is meant to have a really shit attitude and has allegedly missed training and games and cba to even make up an excuse. But given the change in Stirling, Rodgers and Liverpool could be the perfect fit to get the most from him.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
This one was started on July 1st 2013 and the WC is over so...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There are rules you know! I don't understand them at all but I think @megadave gets to make every season thread until he dies or something?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Utd
Shitty
Chelski
Spuds
Arse
Liverpoo
Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal
Spurs

Chelsea
United
City
Arsenal
Spurs

Newcastle, Sunderland and Hull to go down.
Utd
Shitty
Chelski
Spuds
Arse
Liverpoo
At the moment I'd say
United
Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool

However major transfers could change this.
Chelsea
City
United
Southampton
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
City
Arsenal
Chelski
Liverpool
Spurs
West Brom
Before transfer predictions!

Man Utd
Arsenal,
Chelsea,
City
Chelsea
Utd
Arsenal
City
Spuds
How did everyone do last time?

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Is the posting stats thing for the thread dead now with this version of the forum?

ileks

Part of the furniture
Arsenal looking to sign Khedira quite soon apparently. He'd be perfect. I can't see Arsenal being so easily dominated away from home if they line up something like this:

Debuchy?----Mert----Kos----Gibbs
----------Arteta----------------
---Khedira---Ramsey------
Sanchez--Giroud----Ozil--

Then consider Walcott and Podolski as options on each flank, with AOC & Cazorla who can play more centrally or out wide if needed.

Actually thinking about it, surely at least one of Flamini, Wilshere, AOC, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski, Diaby and Arteta will be off. That's actually too much depth...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
750million? bloody hell...

Good bit of business for United. Not so sure for Adidas though. They certainly won't be making their money back on kit sales alone (by my reckoning they'll do about £53m net margin in kit sales assuming they do the level Nike did last year - 2m kits) so they must be putting a chunky a value on the brand exposure and the ancillary sales (T-shirts, accessories etc.) I suppose its not inflation-linked so the deal will get better for Adidas at the back end.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Good bit of business for United. Not so sure for Adidas though. They certainly won't be making their money back on kit sales alone (by my reckoning they'll do about £53m net margin in kit sales assuming they do the level Nike did last year - 2m kits) so they must be putting a chunky a value on the brand exposure and the ancillary sales (T-shirts, accessories etc.) I suppose its not inflation-linked so the deal will get better for Adidas at the back end.

Really good deal, especially on the back of such a dreadful season. How much does team performance influence sales I wonder? I don't expect United to win trophies at anything like the rate they have done over the last 20 years, especially with the likes of PSG, City and Chelsea all getting stronger. That's not to mention they have to deal with a rejuvinated liverpool and an Arsenal team with significantly increased spending power from 2014 onwards.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Just seen the pic of United's new kit. That Chevrolet logo fucking ruins it!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just seen the pic of United's new kit. That Chevrolet logo fucking ruins it!
That Chevy logo is worth 53m a year... combined with the kit money that's 128m a year without kicking a ball!

ileks

Part of the furniture
That Chevy logo is worth 53m a year... combined with the kit money that's 128m a year without kicking a ball!

If I was Adidas I'd actually be quite annoyed at that. It will surely reduce sales!

edit - seriously though, that's incredible money.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Just shows the work the Glazers have done behind the scenes is paying off.

Cracking deal and more importantly not a dodgy deal like shittys and PSGs.

The future is bright for Utd with Van gaal at the helm. He always sets a good base at the clubs he manages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom