Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Seriously. Pep can choke on a bag of dicks. All at once or one a week for 50 weeks.

He already has: Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Shaquiri, Gotze, Kroos Muller and Manzucich. What the fuck does he need Thiago for? To stop himself from getting too home sick?

Fucking cowardly cunt. Moves on from one dynasty he inherited right to another starting.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Considering you only listed 3 CM's, it does suggest that he could use some depth!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Anyone know anything about this wonder kid that Everton got on loan from Barcelona?

He's amazing on Fifa :p. Right footed left winger or striker afaik, scored 18 goals in 33 appearances for Barca B last season.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Jose when he sees Torres training:

Fh3NrNe.gif

eksdee

FH is my second home
Haha, no clue. Found it on some Reddit of Mourinho gifs. :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Madrid continuing to spend big... Isco and now illmanderi. Crazy money.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
"Mohamed Al Fayed has told new Fulham owner Shahid Khan that the controversial statue of Michael Jackson must stay at Craven Cottage - or the Pakistan-born businessman's moustache will get the chop. "You can't change. Otherwise I will come and take your moustache in public," said Al Fayed."

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We've made a 25million bid for cesc... It's under consideration

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Seems like it would be very foolish of them to sell him after Thiago.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We've made a 25million bid for cesc... It's under consideration

Bet it doesn't happen. I'm getting a bit twitchy now. I'd like to see United being a wee bit more decisive; not just in buying but flogging the dead wood (and yes I know Moyes has only been in the job two weeks).

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Late predictions

Utd
Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool

Copenhagen to fail horribly in Champions League and probably bottle the league too

DaGaffer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/15/manchester-united-cesc-fabregas-marouane-fellaini

This is actually the midfield I expected Moyes to try for right from the start; it would be a terrific pairing but I really doubt he's going to get them both; Fellaini possibly because ultimately Everton are always a selling club, but I just can't see Fabregas being allowed to go now Alcantara has gone, especially given how fucked up Xavi and Iniesta looked at the end of last season. So if not Fabregas, who out there is a possibility as a creative Scholes-type replacement? I can only think of two or three; Marco Reus, Christian Eriksen and maybe Gaitan? Or is it time for Cleverly to sink or swim?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The fabregas deal makes no sense. I always thought utd would end up with cabaye.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I don't really think Scholes is much of a Scholes replacement exactly. He played all last season either as a left winger or as a 'false 9'. Maybe a modern equivalent, but I'm not sure he's what Utd need. You already have Kagawa for example.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

I don't really think Scholes is much of a Scholes replacement exactly. He played all last season either as a left winger or as a 'false 9'. Maybe a modern equivalent, but I'm not sure he's what Utd need. You already have Kagawa for example.

True, Kagawa was generally played out of position last season, and now Zaha has arrived there's probably no reason to play him on the left. But even with Kagawa in the centre, you'd normally want two strong players competing for each place, e.g. Fellaini/Carrick in the holding role (possibly both playing in CL games) Kagawa/AN Other in the attacking role. I don't think Moyes will try to build a team with a false-9, not when he's got RvP; if Rooney was still the Number 1 striker then maybe. Its a bit weird, United's midfield has been seen as the weakness of the team for so long now ( in Europe at least, not so much at home) that its hard to imagine it differently.

georgie

FH is my second home
Any word on the Fantasy Football? Does someone need to set it up or do we just rejoin from last year?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Whoever started it last season can just reopen it and everyone should be in again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom