Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It was never a real bid, Wenger would implode at the thought of spending.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It was never a real bid, Wenger would implode at the thought of spending.
That is not correct. It is only £4m more than he paid for Cazorla. I have no fucking clue what the Suarez bid was all about. A controversy magnet who wants to leave the country that is not a smart bid. Like Rooney it makes no sense that it is coming from Wenger.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fuck sake, Aubameyang has gone to Dortmund as well. He would've been ace at WHL. :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
RM saying they have not had a proper bid for Higuaín.

Arsenal's big signing of the summer...Gareth Barry.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Or some 12* year old French player.

*I know he isn't 12

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Fuck sake, Aubameyang has gone to Dortmund as well. He would've been ace at WHL. :(

Rather he came to Newcastle, so we could ruin him, and hopefully prevent him from being a pace abusing cunt in any future Fifa games.

soze

I am a FH squatter
gun__1373383794_awaykitlaunch1.jpg

Well that could have been a lot worse. I still want a black kit though.

Everz

FH is my second home
Benteke handed in a transfer request, Villa fans up in arms :D.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like we finally have a decent back-up goalie in Schwarzer

Vladamir

FH is my second home
So you know that they'll both get injured at the same time? :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Brendan Rodgers has promised to bring Champions League football to Anfield as the Liverpool manager aims to have Sky installed by September.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think his first target should be to become the best team in Liverpool again. :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Really pleased with Schwarzer as a backup. Experienced and reliable. Much better than spunking £10+m on Ruddy to have him sit on the bench.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Will be interesting to see if Chelsea cash in on Cech next year as from what I hear Courtois is looking world class in Spain. I wonder if they'll sell Cech when there is still money to be made from him and put Courtois in as first choice.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, their second half of the season was pretty strong last year and they have improved the squad, probably more so than anyone else so far. At the moment I would put them above Arsenal who seem to be going backwards. Selling desperately needed squad players and buying Barry.

If they can keep hold of Suarez and he stays out of trouble then I wouldn't be surprised to see them pushing for champions league football.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I would be more worried if he said he wants 7th place and collect his salary :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So looks like we've signed Wanyama. A bit of a strange one imo, as we had one of the top 3 defensive mids in the league last year in Morgan Schniederlein, so it seems a lot of money to pay for a squad player, UNLESS;

1. Schneiderlein is going to PSG (possible)
2. We've brought him in as a centre back (also possible, as He + Lovren would be a huge upgrade from Fonte and Hooiveld)

soze

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, their second half of the season was pretty strong last year and they have improved the squad, probably more so than anyone else so far. At the moment I would put them above Arsenal who seem to be going backwards. Selling desperately needed squad players and buying Barry.

If they can keep hold of Suarez and he stays out of trouble then I wouldn't be surprised to see them pushing for champions league football.
Who have we sold that we desperately need? Arshavin? Squillaci?

We are talking about players who earn too much and fail to perform. They are the players that have won fuck all. What we need more than anything is to sell more of these squad players and bring in better.

And Barry for the right money can do a job. He will be back up to the DM role where we only really have Arteta. But if the only player he brings in is Barry it shows a shocking lack of ambition. Fellani should be our top priority.

Gray

FH is my second home
Been really busy recently but been catching up on some of the signings for Everton, just seem to be bringing in a few Wigan players so far, but i do recall Kone from last season. I see there was some strong rumours of bringing in Keisuke Honda which would be cool.

I think so long as we can keep our 2-3 main players i will be happy with how things go overall.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Anyone know anything about this wonder kid that Everton got on loan from Barcelona?

Also sounds like Thiago is off to Bayern, big loss for Utd if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom