Football The 2013 / 2014 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
What Id like to see at the end of season!
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manu
Arsenal

but more likely

ManC/Chelsea
ManU
Arsenal
Tottenham

soze

I am a FH squatter
From what I am reading Arsenal seem to be too scared to drop more than £20m it looks like we have had £19mish bids for Higuan, Fellani and Bedner rejected and have not gone in with higher offers. Fellani has a £23m release clause seemingly. But instead of that there is now this rumor :

Arsenal are considering whether to make an offer for Manchester City and England midfielder Gareth Barry. The 32-year-old has a year left on his £100,000-per-week deal, and the Gunners would not be prepared to match those terms.

As far as signs of intent go this is a big old "We are happy in 4th thanks"

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
That is the gayest fucking thing I have ever seen. Possibly more so than Kinnear.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Looks like after a year of seeing him play Brendan Rodgers has realised that Shelvey is not Jesus reincarnate. He's off to Swansea for £6m.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm canny gutted that Perchinio is off to Wigan, probably (or one of) our most versatile player.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like after a year of seeing him play Brendan Rodgers has realised that Shelvey is not Jesus reincarnate. He's off to Swansea for £6m.

Thank fuck.

To be fair to Rodgers (who I don't like) - you have to support your players, so saying nice things about them when they're at your club is par for the course...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Can we play guess the month Moyes will be sacked and Ferguson comes out of retirement?

Himse

FH is my second home
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/04/chelsea-marco-van-ginkel-vitesse-arnhem

Looks like an exciting talent but is he really what we need? Starts to make me think all those rumours about Mata leaving could actually have some credence, which would be ridiculously bad.

I really don't think we need any more midfielders. Then again, having players like Oscar that could drop into CDM with Luiz so we have that extra slot in the attacking midfield would be great.

I think we could do with another CB & of course a striker, then we'd be absolutely fine.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I still think our pivot is very weak, it doesn't really suit many of our midfielders. Perhaps Jose will switch to 433 as it suits everyone better, well except mata.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
that guys english made me want to die

just reading benoit's twitter now... the blokes a nutter!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Disco Benny is amazing (and a *little* bit terrifying) and I will be sad to see him go (if that ends up being the case).

rynnor

Rockhound
caLLous said:
Disco Benny is amazing (and a *little* bit terrifying) and I will be sad to see him go (if that ends up being the case).

He's a really decent guy by all accounts - I would be sad to see him go.

One of the few footballer's who are a decent role model these days.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Lol. Benoit 'I hate my job I just do it for the massive paycheck' assou-ekoutu? Are we talking about the same guy?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Email from my "contact" at Arsenal.

"Watch the website at 3pm, unlucky Johan"

We have decided this means Higuain is being announced and given the 20 shirt which Johan wears?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lol. Benoit 'I hate my job I just do it for the massive paycheck' assou-ekoutu? Are we talking about the same guy?
He did say that but he had a point tbh. He never said he hated his job, I think you threw that bit in yourself. :)
I have never bought into the hypocrisy of football but perhaps I’m more strident in my views now. I’m lucky and appreciate what I have, but football is just a job, a means to an end... there are more important things in life than kicking a ball around... Yes, I play for the money but then doesn’t everybody who gets up in the morning and goes to work? They do it to provide for their family. It infuriates me when footballers go on about playing for the shirt. I think they should be held accountable for it when they kiss the badge and six months later clear off for a better pay day.
And he's done heaps of good things with his massive paychecks both locally and in Cameroon. https://twitter.com/AssouEkotto/status/351753643185299456/photo/1 and http://www.bae32.org (it's flash so I can't link directly but click on BAE 32 at the top) to name two.

Himse

FH is my second home
It's not the giving the money away, it's his smug attitude and acting like a celebrity.

He's still trying to promote he acted like a tit.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Reading through BAE's Twitter, he's more entertaining than all these parody/joke accounts put together.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Email from my "contact" at Arsenal.

"Watch the website at 3pm, unlucky Johan"

We have decided this means Higuain is being announced and given the 20 shirt which Johan wears?

Was that today or tomorrow :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Embattle said:
Was that today or tomorrow :p

Well its Arsenal so the third Sunday of Neverember :) plus my source has a 100% record for being wrong.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He picked the wrong North London team for a start. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Well its Arsenal so the third Sunday of Neverember :) plus my source has a 100% record for being wrong.

To be fair there was a post about Johan being loaned out to Hamburg? Or was that already up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom