Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Bugger, forgot about the play-offs starting today. Those dirty hammers are winning 0-1.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
And rooneys goal won the vote for best goal in the20 years the prem has been running. What a load of bollocks, there were a number that were better in a load of ways.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
And rooneys goal won the vote for best goal in the20 years the prem has been running. What a load of bollocks, there were a number that were better in a load of ways.
It's because it was recent, way more people remember it so they voted for that :/

Flawed vote ftw.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
531406_293570210731185_100772770010931_671987_162020145_n.jpg

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
must be kids voting. were their any other united goals nominated? could just be fucking Malaysians.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
That wouldn't even win goal of the month this month if it was an impartial vote

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It was a good goal but the winner? Load of bollocks.

Remind me of all the '100 best ever' lists in 1999... All completely dominated by people, songs, films from the previous 4 or 5 years. The vast majority of people are morons.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Giggs vs Arsenal a couple of years ago lone run through pretty much the entire Arsenal squad, from the top of my head is better than Rooney's goal.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Giggs vs Arsenal a couple of years ago lone run through pretty much the entire Arsenal squad, from the top of my head is better than Rooney's goal.

Doesn't count. That was in the FA Cup. The competition was best Prem Goal. I do think the Rooney goal is top 3 from the list they gave, but I actually think the Tony Yeboah one was the best. Ironically we've seen three goals in the last couple of weeks that are better than anything in the last 20 years.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Every supporter of a different club will have a different goal. I prefer Bergkamp vs Newcastle, Henry vs Utd and RVP vs Charlton as they are 3 of my favourite goals.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wenger said:
“[We want to make early signings] if possible, yes,” he told Arsenal Player. “We wanted at least one target to be sorted out early.

“Now we are in a position where the second part of our signings will be to take care of the players who are injured and to get them back for the start of next season.

“I think of course about Jack Wilshere, and about Abou Diaby. Per Mertesacker I think will be ready at the start of next season. Then, if you look at our squad, we have quite a big one and before we buy again we have to look at how many players we will have.

Where is that face palm meme :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So we have a 12:45 kick off tomorrow, only Prem game on the Saturday, hours before the FA Cup with no overrun and we're not on TV.

Fuck off will you? When are we going to get a remotely fair TV deal for this country? It's a disgrace when foreign territories get better access to more games than we do.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Chelsea want to acquire Battersea Power Station and grounds to build 60,000 seater stadium.

Why? They don't even sell out their Champions League group games at Stamford Bridge.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea want to acquire Battersea Power Station and grounds to build 60,000 seater stadium.

Why? They don't even sell out their Champions League group games at Stamford Bridge.

They live under the illusion that they can get 60,000 spectators in for 25 games a season at current or higher ticket prices when the truth is they could probably manage it for 10 games. They have seen what Arsenal have done and decided to cash in by moving to a new build and using the sale of apartments on the old ground to partially or fully fund the move. Thing is Arsenal can fill 60,000 even at silly prices but I have my doubts about Chelsea and if those numbers don't happen then how do Chelsea work within FFP?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah they don't seem to understand that Arsenal's fan base is considerably higher than theirs.

Also, Wenger's 900th Arsenal game tomorrow. And a stat to celebrate: Even if Arsène Wenger were to lose each of his next 100 games, he would still have the best win percentage of any Arsenal manager in history.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Also, Wenger's 900th Arsenal game tomorrow. And a stat to celebrate: Even if Arsène Wenger were to lose each of his next 100 games, he would still have the best win percentage of any Arsenal manager in history.

And the record for the longest period without any silverware? :p ;) :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I love Wenger but I really wish he would stop saying players returning from Injury are like a new signing, as easily as they got injured last time they can get injured again. So if the squad was not up to it last time the squad is still not up to it :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They live under the illusion that they can get 60,000 spectators in for 25 games a season at current or higher ticket prices when the truth is they could probably manage it for 10 games. They have seen what Arsenal have done and decided to cash in by moving to a new build and using the sale of apartments on the old ground to partially or fully fund the move. Thing is Arsenal can fill 60,000 even at silly prices but I have my doubts about Chelsea and if those numbers don't happen then how do Chelsea work within FFP?

Chelsea could fill a 60K stadium. Not with fans, but with a location like that, they could get tourists in week in week out (who couldn't get in to The Emirates and value their lives too much to try Tottenham). Not exactly what Chelsea fans want to hear but it would be possible, especially as Chelsea have massively raised their international profile over the last few years (I saw a lot more replica Chelsea shirts when I was in South America than Arsenal ones). The only other team in England who could regularly fill a 60K stadium with its own fans is Liverpool.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea could fill a 60K stadium. Not with fans, but with a location like that, they could get tourists in week in week out (who couldn't get in to The Emirates and value their lives too much to try Tottenham). Not exactly what Chelsea fans want to hear but it would be possible, especially as Chelsea have massively raised their international profile over the last few years (I saw a lot more replica Chelsea shirts when I was in South America than Arsenal ones). The only other team in England who could regularly fill a 60K stadium with its own fans is Liverpool.

The problem with your theory is that it doesn't happen for Champions League games as Wazz has already said. Also how does moving it out to Battersea make that any more viable? Moving south of the river doesn't automatically mean it is going to be a better area does it? I don't know that part of London that well but isn't Chelsea fairly upmarket and Battersea less so? Surely that alone means less tourists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom