Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They are going to remain in the red for a while yet, revenue growth is very slow and they need to rebuild the squad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Away goals in top 5 leagues: Ronaldo 22, Messi 15, Ibrahimovic 14, van Persie 13, Cavani 11, Llorente 10, Giroud 10, Podolski 9.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you want major, and I mean MAJOR Liverpool delusional LULZ then follow @RAWK_Meltdown. They collate mental bullshit from the Red & White Kop Forums.

Some real doozies include:

put RvP in this season's team (instead of Carroll) and we'd have won the title weeks ago.
Why are people even talking about Crouch or Ben Arfa as best goal (of the season): Neither of them were as good as Coates
I see a style in those 2 players (Xavi & Schweinsteiger) echoed in Henderson.
Paul Scholes is another player that was routinely crticized in his younger days and he's the player Jordan (Henderson) reminds me most of.
The no bookings and no suspensions is as good as a win.
Next year these players will be bossing it. Kenny knows they need the experience and that's what he's giving them
Chelsea must be shi**ing it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rawk_meltdown has been on my daily visited sites for a while now, fucking hilarious. It is like Keitanz on crack, coke and steriods!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I just can't see the board sticking with him. Even with the FA cup.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The board might follow the moneyball plan but they would be nuts to go against 50,000 angry scousers, if he wins the FA cup then he buys himself another 6 months but if they aren't top 4 by November then he is toast.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
LFC report a loss of £50m and that's before last summers spend.

£8m of that is Hodgson. Fucking lol. Club is being organised by a group of failed Junior Apprentice teens by the sounds of it.
The stadium was a massive fail and is 35m of that :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
@WhoScored: Gabriel Agbonlahor: Has played 1774 minutes of football - nearly 30 hours - since scoring his last PL goal (vs Norwich 5th Nov 2011)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
The board might follow the moneyball plan but they would be nuts to go against 50,000 angry scousers, if he wins the FA cup then he buys himself another 6 months but if they aren't top 4 by November then he is toast.
Well if he win the FA cup (I really really doubt we will :() then we would have won 2 cups this season, our first silverware in 6 years I think it is... so a lot of fans will think it's a good season even if we finish 7/8th..

It would be shambles if we sacked Kenny any time in the next 7 months imo, who the hell would want to come in, we would need a manager of high quality not someone like mick mcarthy or paul jewell..

The players just have not been good enough in the league, I don't know how we have managed to get this far in the cups. I think the players have a bad mentality about the league...

Next season we will be better, there is no doubt about that, but breaking in to the top 4 with this squad? hell no, we would need to sign an amazing extra midfielder and a striker to replace Carroll to do that (or Andy to start performing, but Downing also needs to perform for that)..

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
LFC report a loss of £50m and that's before last summers spend.

£8m of that is Hodgson. Fucking lol. Club is being organised by a group of failed Junior Apprentice teens by the sounds of it.
Can't say I'm surprised when you look at the way the Red Sox are being run to be honest. Sacking a good manager then replacing him with basically the equivalent of Ian Holloway then spunking $142 million on Carl Crawford, a 29 year old average player.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
@WhoScored: Gabriel Agbonlahor: Has played 1774 minutes of football - nearly 30 hours - since scoring his last PL goal (vs Norwich 5th Nov 2011)

you can definitely tell he's got Heskey tutoring him cant you.................

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Can't say I'm surprised when you look at the way the Red Sox are being run to be honest. Sacking a good manager then replacing him with basically the equivalent of Ian Holloway then spunking $142 million on Carl Crawford, a 29 year old average player.
Most of the 50m wasn't even the new owners fault though.. but jeez $142 mill on a baseball player? :O

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Well baseball is different for a number of reasons. Firstly the 142 million wasn't paid in transfer fees, it was paid on a 7 year Contract to Crawford. Secondly because there is no salery cap in baseball (the only American sport not to have one) you see crazy deals like this. Albert Pujols got $240 million this summer for a 10 year deal with the LA Angels.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Speaking of, they really need to introduce a salary cap to football.

Actually illegal in a lot of countries, and it would only work if it was done globally, so that ain't going to happen.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Fair point. I can't really see Real or City agreeing with it I give you that.

One of my new favorite things about the NFL though has definitely been seeing the skill that good coaches like Bill Belichik have in not only calling the plays, but making the Cap work for them.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Problem with the cap is that there is no fair way to implement it. A fair figure for Swansea will leave Man U making money hand over fist though sponsorship and attendance. So for a cap that is universal the smaller clubs will need to have the wages heavily subsidised by someone to bring them in line with the wealthier clubs.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
And yet the cap system works well elsewhere, thus proving that it can be made to work. Not sure it is the lesser of two evils though.

Everz

FH is my second home
Jody Craddock's son diagnosed with Leukamia.. :(.

Poor family goes through loads, shame as he's a top bloke.

Everz

FH is my second home
23ldgy.jpg

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else think Rooney might want to leave this summer if Man Utd don't win the Prem? he wanted to leave 18 months ago for still unexplained reasons, and only stayed because he got a substantial pay rise..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else think Rooney might want to leave this summer if Man Utd don't win the Prem? he wanted to leave 18 months ago for still unexplained reasons, and only stayed because he got a substantial pay rise..

He is more likely to leave if the club don't commit serious funds for new transfers, his recent frustration has all been down to others not pulling thier weight thus forcing him to come deeper for the ball and ending up in very one dimensional attacking at times.

Everz

FH is my second home

ABU cunt. /cho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom