Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Chuffed for Roy, after the way he was treated by Liverpool. There would just be too much drama with Redknapp in charge, the press would have him on the back pages every fucking day. And the thought of listening to Jamie on SKY name dropping england players makes me vomit a little!

Calaen

Sceptic in me thinks Roy is getting the job so he can be scape goated if England flop at he Euros. If the FA think Harry is he man for the job they will not want him getting destroyed by the press 6 weeks into the job. Letting Roy have the Euros hen letting the press get him to quit after the competition and you give Harry 2 years till the next major tournament.

That's an intersting angle actually, they also won't have to pay WBA off as Roy is out of contract in the summer!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm interested to know why people genrally favour Harry so much?

Because they don't bother to look past the surface. I actually think he'd make a terrible England manager. Hodgson is a better choice.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They should have given me the job tbh but they didn't even reply to my letter.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Glad we got Roy, most experienced Englishman In europe. If he can do as well as he did with Switzerland/fulham then we might even have a chance.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Good, Hodgson is a fantastic manager and Liverpool was a blip on an otherwise brilliant career.

He also is tactically far better than Arry, although he doesn't have the man management skills.

I don't even think he did badly with Liverpool. When he took over Liverpool were at the start of a massive slide. They had just failed to qualify for the champions league and the owners were being forced to sell. If you compare his record with that of 'King Kenny's' they are very similar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_F.C._managers
If Roy had won his next 2 games with Liverpool he would be doing better.

Roy also didn't have the transfer funds that Kenny had. When I did a google search for this it brought up a surprisingly balance daily mail article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Kenny-Dalglish-Better-worse-Roy-Hodgson.html

eksdee

FH is my second home
Roy didn't do as well as he could have at Liverpool because the players, with their massive delusions of grandeur, believed they were too good for his methods. Hope he teaches that cunt Gerrard by forcing him into international retirement.

Couldn't be happier with Roy as manager, just hope he gets the support and respect he deserves from the players.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To do that he needs to break the back of the old guard and than means binning JT for Euro 2012.

Everz

FH is my second home
Have that you Albion cunts!!

Going down nown Hodgson is on the way out, over the moon!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
If hes going to bin JT then Rooney needs to go aswell and Lampard/Gerrard. Rooney already banned for two games for being a liability anyway so not that big a loss :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Only just seen Suarez's goal, a bit good :p

Also loving the collective backtracking of the English media today after getting the whole England manager thing wrong.

Calaen

Only just seen Suarez's goal, a bit good :p

Also loving the collective backtracking of the English media today after getting the whole England manager thing wrong.

I know right it's awesome isn't it :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
Ha, just noticed on the Guardian that I'm in this picture:

Fernando-Torres-celebrate-004.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
One day you might know what it's like to have your team involved in such a game Keitz. I'm sure the championship play-off finals with Pool vs Villa in a few years will have you and Turamber all a jitter!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Predictions for tonight? I'm going with 2-1 United.

City to take the lead early and United to pull it back in the second half, with a late winner from Scholes. Whatever happens, I can't see a team managed by Ferguson not getting revenge for what happened earlier in the season.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
United to play conservativly.

1-1.

I've already got butterlfies. I'm stuck at work until after the game so a mate is DVR'ing it and I'm going on internet blackout from game time onwards!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
1-1 Agreed.

Who has Cerb's phone number so we can mess with his head during the game?

Calaen

I'm going with a 3-1 United!!! When the pressures actually been on them this year they have bottled it!!!!

Valencia to be a beast!!!!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I've actually already been seriously considering turning my phone off just incase....too far?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I think City will win, but United to win the title. (even though i'm a neutral I'd like united to win both)

3-1 to city

soze

I am a FH squatter
City to Win tonight. Utd to win the league on the last day. Most entertaining way for it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom