Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

eksdee

FH is my second home
Haha, have we had this one before? Barca's new 4-3-3-3 system:

barca4333.jpg

Everz

FH is my second home
http://www.holtforengland.com/

Second highest english scorer in the PL this year, after Rooney. Must warrant a place in the squad for the Euros at least. Although no doubt he wont go, along with Peter 'better than a goal a game for his country and in decent form in the league' Crouch.

Guess we should have gave DJ Campbell the call then eh ;)?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Temporary form is better than crappy current form but played a blinder 6 months ago, which is how I think they pick the squad atm.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well our striking options in general look pretty dire, especially for the games Rooney is banned.

Bent? Injured, wasn't exactly on fire this season anyway (could put that down to playing for Villa though).
Crouch? Bitch please.
Sturridge? Played out wide all season, although he has all the abilities to be a brilliant striker I think right now he is often too selfish and doesn't get his head up. Needs another couple of season before being considered a true option as the focal point of the attack for club or country.
Defoe? Unconvincing at best.
Holt? Great form, scoring lots of goals, would work hard for the team and provide us with something different. Unproven, sure, but I don't think there's much of a case to be made that many other people (on current form) would do a better job than him.

Welbeck would probably be my first choice, but Grant Holt provides a great second option and something different.

4-2-3-1:

Hart
Richards Cahill Terry Cole
Parker Wilshere
Sturridge Rooney Young
Welbeck/Holt

Perhaps? Dunno. :p

Everz

FH is my second home

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
League One, Championship.

I'll leave it at that for ripping an arguement apart :p.

Honestly, Holt will be shown up at international level and much like Norwich will fade next season.

What like the rest of the squad full of prima donas? I'd rather have a guy there running for 94 minutes because he cares, over the likes of Lampard/Stevie G who really just don't give a fuck!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You can't help but feel that someone like Holt, who has worked his way up through the lower leagues, would show a bit more passion than players who have milled around the top flight their whole careers and been a fixture of the international setup for years

Everz

FH is my second home
What like the rest of the squad full of prima donas? I'd rather have a guy there running for 94 minutes because he cares, over the likes of Lampard/Stevie G who really just don't give a fuck!

Where did I say take Lump and Stevie? I feel much like Ricketts, Jeffers, DJ Campbell, Nugent and many others before him, Holt is being hyped up after what could be most likely be a flash in the pan season.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Where did I say take Lump and Stevie? I feel much like Ricketts, Jeffers, DJ Campbell, Nugent and many others before him, Holt is being hyped up after what could be most likely be a flash in the pan season.

That might be the case, but what are our other striking options? The young guys like Sturridge and Welbeck haven't shown huge amounts, Bent, Agbonlahor not scoring goals (albeit in a shit team), Defoe is the only guy (aside from Rooney) in the international setup who is scoring goals, but hardly plays to get the chance to do so.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Wolves are fucked already. Started with one striker against an Arsenal team with a disrupted defence

Everz

FH is my second home
Who cares?

I don't give a fuck lol, I'm laughing at how we got ripped apart then, I'd go for a record home defeat at this rate.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
He was shit for 3 games, took a risk on swapping him out for this 3 game weeks in a week period. He was in there before hand.

By shit you mean didn't score? He was still playing well and picking up points :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom