Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

eksdee

FH is my second home
Next time we come to the cauldron of passion, noise and animosity that is Stamford Bridge I will keep my own shitness in mind. If you want to talk about things to look forward to in the future. I will love it when Chelsea get booted out of the Champions League for being on the wrong end of Platini's fair play dick. I will love it when subsequently Abramovich gets bored due to not being able to compete in the CL. And I will consequently love whatever happens to Chelsea when Abromvich pulls the plug.

Good thing Liverpool is run by a true scouse hero and that their finances are in a good state... oh wait.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Uhh, are debts are cleared / close to being cleared.

Don't underestimate our spending power, it's finding players who actually want to play for us with no euro comps to play in which will be harder.

Anyone else think Arsenal are going to drop out the top 4 this season? unless they get a big name in.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No. You'd be retarded to count out Wenger. It's fun to tease the Arse boys, but unlike Liverpool, they actually have a very good first 11, and a decent enough squad. Gervinho looks imminent, and there have been noises about central midfield, whether Cesc leaves now or not.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
De Gea is saying all the right things, let's hope his performances now back it up. Very hopeful about him, doesn't feel at all like the random fulbling for keepers after Schemiechel left.

Also, LOL @Carson Yeung, Brummies summer just keeps getting better and better :)

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Good thing Liverpool is run by a true scouse hero and that their finances are in a good state... oh wait.

? Essentially the above is quite true. Yes Dalglish is a legend. There are not too many individuals, let alone clubs in Chelseas case, whom have eight league titles, three FA cups and three European cups.

Premier League club accounts: how in debt are they? | News | guardian.co.uk

Liverpools commercial revenue is second only to United. Our debt is the smallest out of all "the big 4". We fall down on no being in the CL and having a small, old stadium. I think Chelsea have a fantastic new manager and some great players. However with an ageing squad I dont see how AVB can maintain your position without spending a lot of money. The players whom you will buy will undoubtedly be good players, but Neymar, Modric, Contrao could easily cost £100 million, which isnt going to help your £734 million debt or the wage bill.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Fair Play rules are a joke Chel$ki and City just need the money bags owner to becomes the grass sponsor for £100m a year and they will both be allowed to play.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It does though, they did It before the rules changed. Sucks tbh.

Perhaps but it doesn't cover the massive operating losses, particularly the £75 million they spunked up the wall in January and the £25 million jizzed on changing managers. Add that to thier normal annual loss somewhere in the £80 million region and they are seriously going to have to cook the books! :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
couldnt abramovich just create a company and "sponsor" chelsea for say... £200 million a year?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
couldnt abramovich just create a company and "sponsor" chelsea for say... £200 million a year?

All commercial deals will be scrutinised and have to deliver market value, so Chelsea could not do a stadium naming deal that was worth alot more than Arsenal's Emirates deal for instance.

Talking of stadium naming rights, I am very suprised United haven't sold the rights for Old Trafford, I would have no problem with it as long as we got enough money to make a serious dent in debt that the Glazers have leveraged to buy to the club. It will always be Old Trafford to me anyway, don't give a shit what anyone else calls it as long as we get paid in cash money! :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ah... who determines if it delivers market value? UEFA or the Prem League?

Though i am guessing most big clubs will have armies of lawyers poring over the new regulations for many years trying to find loopholes to inject more cash :p

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Aslong as Clubs like Barc/Real madrid spend whatever they like there will be no punishments for teams like chelsea. Last year Barc at one point could not even afford to pay wages yet managed to get a cash loan to buy new players, so until the powers that be are rdy to cook barca they will be forced to ignore teams liek chelsea.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
No. You'd be retarded to count out Wenger. It's fun to tease the Arse boys, but unlike Liverpool, they actually have a very good first 11, and a decent enough squad. Gervinho looks imminent, and there have been noises about central midfield, whether Cesc leaves now or not.

There really is not that much differences in our first 11's at all, maybe at the start of last season, but now? pfft.

Their squad probably pisses all over ours though.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
I think its more the case that the rules that are going to be implemented will be a half arsed compromise that effectively change nothing.

While Platini continues to talk tough, and argues privately the looming threat has already caused clubs to put the brakes on their out of control spending, they know they have some grace.

The first accounts that will qualify concern the next financial year, 2011-12. But Uefa's accountants will not start examining them until the 2013-14 season.

Even then, there is an "acceptable deviation" of €45m over the first two years. And, as long as they can prove they are moving in the right direction, they are also allowed to discount the wages of players on contracts signed before June 2010. That rule will hold for the first two "monitoring periods" – the two years ending 2013-14 and the three years ending 2014-15.

Rampant Chelsea a long way off satisfying financial fair play agenda | Owen Gibson | Football | The Guardian

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
...I know, it doesnt really apply anymore does it? Thats why I put it in quotations. You are just trying to shit on Liverpool for the sake of it without engaging any sort of thought or reason. I dont mind many of the people whom love to have a pop at Liverpool such as Cho and Ch3tan because they generally think about what they are saying. Its what makes it an interesting discussion.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Next time we come to the cauldron of passion, noise and animosity that is Stamford Bridge I will keep my own shitness in mind. If you want to talk about things to look forward to in the future. I will love it when Chelsea get booted out of the Champions League for being on the wrong end of Platini's fair play dick. I will love it when subsequently Abramovich gets bored due to not being able to compete in the CL. And I will consequently love whatever happens to Chelsea when Abromvich pulls the plug.
I hope you're a patient man :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Aslong as Clubs like Barc/Real madrid spend whatever they like there will be no punishments for teams like chelsea. Last year Barc at one point could not even afford to pay wages yet managed to get a cash loan to buy new players, so until the powers that be are rdy to cook barca they will be forced to ignore teams liek chelsea.

The Swiss Ramble: Real Madrid And Financial Fair Play

posted already?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Real Madrid are probably the biggest exception tbf. The new rules will ensure they win a lot of stuff in the future and the current top teams remain entrenched there. The likes of Tottenham will never be able to compete because they won't be able to invest enough money.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope you're a patient man :)

You are probably right, but times are changing in football and its difficult to tell what it will mean for lots of clubs but especially those built on one mans interests and fortunes such as Chelsea.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Gibbs is a far better left back, if only he could stay fit. Arsenal getting daft cash for him, it makes sense to take it, I think he's been miles behind Evra. Cole and Enrique last year.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Apparently its a deal for Nasri and Clichy.

Guessing City are paying sillymoney.

Edit: £7mil for Clichy - Approx £20mil for Nasri

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Apparently its a deal for Nasri and Clichy.

Guessing City are paying sillymoney.

If nasri heads there, he making a mistake personally. There isn't enough space for him at all.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep, if Nasri goes to city then we all know he's more interested in money than trophies.

If cesc goes, then he should stay at Arsenal. Otherwise he should come to Utd or go abroad to Spain.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't Man City win a trophy the other week? I could have sworn......

They WILL win at least one trophy in the coming season, crisp bag cup or CL :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom