Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by megadave, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Calaen

Calaen I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

fucking lol

2. eksdee

eksdee FH is my second home

Oh dear.

3. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

4. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

Arsenal blogs are reporting that Arsenal have put £45m on his head and told Cesc that when Barce pay what he is worth he can leave. And that is why he has said he is happy to stay at Arsenal next season, he is not going to help them get him on the cheap. At the moment it is all down to Barcelona and if they want to pay what he is worth.

5. eksdee

Really hope they sign him this season so we can just hear the end of it tbh!

6. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

di matteo woop woop

7. bainteor

bainteor Banned

I hope Villas-Boas succeeds at Chelsea, I quite like him. Though I think that he has the most difficult managerial job in football. Lots of egos, an aging squad that needs to be replenished, the need to move on some big names, an expensive striker that must improve and an owner that demands success from the first season.

8. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

I'm a bit worried about the lack of noise about United's midfield options:

Modric - probably going to Chelsea
    Sanchez - probably going to Barca
    Nasri - probably going nowhere
    Schneider - says he doesn't want to go anywhere.

In reality United probably need two CMs (one for Scholes, one for Hargreaves), I'm wondering if they'll get any...

9. bainteor

bainteor Banned

Indeed. I don't even know if Young was such a necessary buy when they could get a great centre midfielder for that price (considering they have both Nani and Valencia already).

10. Cerb

Cerb FH is my second home

Anyone reckon there's a chance Fergie will play young in the middle?

11. eksdee

Nah. Maybe a central attacking midfield role, but that's ostensibly where Rooney plays so I can't see it. Most likely is two out of three of Young, Valencia and Nani either side of Rooney, with Hernandez up front. Utd definitely need a central midfielder or two.

Yeah! Totally out of the blue (pun not intended) but a brilliant appointment potentially both politically and in terms of the actual job.

A couple of signings now and I'll be very, very excited. Modric, Pastore and a couple of wingers PLZ.

12. Cerb

Oh is that all? Easy peasy then :p

13. eksdee

I thought that was pretty reserved! We could also put Neymar, Aguerro, Van der Wiel, Eljaro Elia, Bale, Lukaku, Sneijder and maybe a couple of others to use. Get the cheque book out Roman!

14. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

A few words for you eks "UEFA Financial Fair Play"

15. eksdee

I was being deadly serious, clearly.

16. Cerb

Well if you're being serious then you need to add Hazard, Henrique, Chellini and messi to the list too tbtfh.

17. eksdee

And... SUPER PARK!

18. Cerb

Also fao marc, this is what I tried to post on your wall yesterday

[​IMG]

should be good fap material for yez.

19. Marc

Marc FH is my second home

Still doesnt work you noob!

20. Cerb

Fuck it lol....it's working for me. It's on the website "In bed with Maradona" in the gallery in a section called dan leydon football posters. There's a cool xavi one too. I can't do any more for ya

21. Lethul

Lethul FH is my second home

Indeed, celebrate hard with the plastic flags when you win next time vs Liverpool! Wave them hard!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

23. bainteor

bainteor Banned

If I had seen this last season I would have said it was dangerous to let a young player to play at such a level, I would have suggested that they had kept him in the Championship for one or two more seasons.

But I think if you look at other nations, Spain in particular, their youngsters are playing at the highest level, so I think it is a very good move - as long as they play him!

24. Lethul

Henrys response to overpriced British players in twitter:

"Dave, everything in sports is overpriced now - especially the cost of winning. But you make your choices based on a plan."

25. Achilles

Achilles One of Freddy's beloved

Next time we come to the cauldron of passion, noise and animosity that is Stamford Bridge I will keep my own shitness in mind. If you want to talk about things to look forward to in the future. I will love it when Chelsea get booted out of the Champions League for being on the wrong end of Platini's fair play dick. I will love it when subsequently Abramovich gets bored due to not being able to compete in the CL. And I will consequently love whatever happens to Chelsea when Abromvich pulls the plug.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Lethul

John_W_Henry @LFCNigerian Abuh, some things happen early and some late. The important thing is that things happen. Sometimes what you avoid is important.
    4 minutes ago

It looks like we got Mr Miyagi or something as the owner! :D

(wtf did i write? Corrected/Changed)

27. Influenza

Influenza Part of the furniture

Well as it stands it looks like he will be playing upfront with Gyan unless we sign someone else.

28. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

What about Frazer?

29. Influenza

Influenza Part of the furniture

Still injured , he should be back about October/November.

30. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

They signed Jo Frazer? Phreaky! :D