Football The 2010/2011 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
World Cup is over, preseason is underway for many teams and there's several weeks of transfers to go.

Let's see if we can reach 10,000 posts this time. Ch3tan won the last thread with 1,048 posts. See here for your own score! Who Posted? - FreddysHouse

Should be a fun season with some interesting stuff:
How will La Liga cope with Mourinho? How will Tottenham handle being in the Top 4? Will Man City's spending finally pay off? Will Copenhagen actually get out the group stages? (No :p)

It's currently transfer o'clock so let's get some rumours going.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Copenhagen to win the Danish league again this year with OB second

Copenhagen will also advance from the group stage in CL

Can't be wrong about CL 2 years in a row! :D

Danish league starts on sunday! GOGOGOGOGO!!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Southampton to win League One this year with a record points total. I actually believe this.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Depends on how the transfers will work. Tbh i think barca is going to be scary as hell if Villa stay's in this form. Then again, more and more teams will be doing inter tactics cause its obvious they work.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Copenhagen will at least get to the semis in the next CL (can't wait for the quotes) :) We've brought in a few good players, and we will hopefully be able to keep our two backs. They're world class :D

We've also got a striker who can score goals now... and more importantly - he's capable of doing it in international matches. We've not had one of those since Allbäck, and we all know how easily we beat man utd when we had him :p

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I think Sunderland will do decently this season , i just hope steve gets rid of all the crap we have and he plays Da Silva more cos he is a pretty good centre back.

We badly need a decent left back , ringo just isnt the same player who left us for west ham. The argentinian right back we just bought is a pretty solid player by all accounts and Riveros looked good at the world cup i just hope they adapt to the premiership ok.

The young lads we have should be better next season , henderson is coming on great and meyler was good until his injury , we have lost our captain in Cana but he was pretty poor in the last half of the season and he picked up alot of yellow cards cos his tackling is reckless.

Our season will probably come down to how focused Bent is after being dropped for the world cup and which kenwyne jones turns up , the one who is a really good player or the one who looks like he wants to be a million miles away.

All in all im looking forward to it , should have another job soon so will be able to get to some games this season , its hard to get to the match when you're on the dole.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Gonna try and avoid all the hype which Sky will undoubtedly shower all over every channel!!!

Looking forward to this season though. Will be interesting to see if any of the real stars of the world cup get picked up by premier league teams. Suarez was fantastic coming in off the back of a brilliant season, a few other from uruguay really shone as individuals also.

I am wondering if Hernandez is gonna get a fair crack of the whip at Old Trafford, he looked very bright for Mexico, as did Salciedo the left back.

Germany had some real talent on show as well and a lot of them are young lads.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Southampton to win League One this year with a record points total. I actually believe this.

They will destroy league one this year agreed. Clear favourites.

Orient to scrape 6th place and make it to the championship via a heroic display in the playoffs. :worthy:

Everz

FH is my second home
Solid mid-table finish for us, Boggies relegated.

Maybe some form of a cup run, but another year of security please.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I now have a season ticket at the Emirates, so I fucking hope Arsenal have a good season.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
:eek: that must have set you back, waiting list much?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Benfica and Porto will fight for the Portuguese championship (hoping benfica will win it again!). Would be nice if Benfica get to the quarters of the CL and Porto to win the Europa league. (can't stand FC Porto but they got nice young Portuguese players that can make the difference in our national team)
Sporting and Braga will fight for the third place, advantage to Sporting.

Real Madrid will have more chances to win the CL than to win the Liga.

Marc

FH is my second home

My mate phoned up old trafford last week to get put on the man united season ticket waiting list. He got a call back within 2 hours offering him a season ticket anywhere in the ground.

Seems there isnt much of a waiting list an Man United these days

ST^

Can't get enough of FH

Can't remember how long I've been on the list but it was more than 5 years, maybe 7 or 8.

This is my seat for £1200. Quite high up (row 10 of the upper tier), but I've sat higher before and the view is great from pretty much everywhere :D They offered me much more expensive seats that imo were worse (closer to halfway line, but 11 rows further back).

Apparently they have quite a few seats going in the upper goal area.

Attachments

• UT_R50_003_BB.jpg
    UT_R50_003_BB.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7

soze

I am a FH squatter
As they are bringing back "Clock End" ect i have asked to move my season ticket this year if they are selling new ones it does not look like i will get my wish.

Everz

FH is my second home
How much is the away end at Emirates?

The only big 4 stadium I havent gone to.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Reckon it'll be a worse year for us in the Champioship. Apparently we're still interested in Shorey but he's turned us down once already. We are in desperate need of a left back though :(.

Hoping we stung the Toon for a decent price for Perch (esp. as he cost us against Blackpool) and we can use that to buy a couple of decent defenders.

Reckon we'll end up about 8th and 75% of the fans will be moaning and telling everyone that can listen that we're a big club and have a divine right to be in the Prem.

soze

I am a FH squatter
How much is the away end at Emirates?

The only big 4 stadium I havent gone to.

From £45 to £60 from what i have heard. Depends on your team and if you normally sell out i think. Spuds are around £60 but Wigan last year flogged them for £40 ish

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Barca in tapping up a player shocker!

Nothing new, its their usual tactics. I can't wait for the arse to fall out of the Spanish economy, I wonder how long it will be before their wage bill exceeds their income? I can't see many people being happy with the way the big clubs in Spain are run when they can't afford to put food on the table.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think Northampton town will scrape a play off place this year, last year we came close but bottled it at the end of the season, after a dreadful start to the season.

Marc

FH is my second home

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
You and I both know he wants to come back to barca. hes given eveything to Arsenal after you stole him but now your club wont do the right thing, instead keeping him against his will at a place he doesnt want to be at. Its like Slavery.

sorry marc, but I have to disagree. He signed a contract, and should stay till it runs out unless the club wants to sell him. It's his own fault for signing such a long contract in the first place.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its more like honouring the contract he signed. If he didn't want to be there for the amount of years, why on earth did he sign for that long?

Arsenal invested in him and entered into a mutual contract with him, if he wants to leave he should say so to the manager and if the manager agrees to sell him then away he goes. I am not sure he has said he wants to leave though has he? Naturally there is the usual Spanish bullshit of saying they want to sign other teams players to try to upset them but that's all I have seen so far.

Its the usual Barca fed media bullshit though I am sure.

Marc

FH is my second home
sorry marc, but I have to disagree. He signed a contract, and should stay till it runs out unless the club wants to sell him. It's his own fault for signing such a long contract in the first place.

Yeah I know that. My post was in jest :D

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
You and I both know he wants to come back to barca. hes given eveything to Arsenal after you stole him but now your club wont do the right thing, instead keeping him against his will at a place he doesnt want to be at. Its like Slavery.

slaves had contracts?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Barca can't really afford him, I really don't know why they're bothering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom