Thanes

Laddey

FH is my second home
Lo, what's the best race for a thane, and spec etc. They get lurrvin soon so i've always wanted one, this is more of a reason to make one. Any help is great thanks :)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
the race for an thane depends on what spec you want i think. So for an defensive thane i would say Dwarf. for an casting thane i would say frostie.

but this is how i've been taught.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
the race for an thane depends on what spec you want i think. So for an defensive thane i would say Dwarf. for an casting thane i would say frostie.

but this is how i've been taught.

An Troll if you go for the looks ;) nothing beats a hairy female troll :D

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Go with what you like, the 'loving' still is unsure so no way to say in advance what is best. I have a casterthane, but testing has shown that thanes have a very low pie cap, making the frostalf thane not 'better' in casting than a norse.

So as it stands right now, frostalf thane isnt better even for a pure casterthane. But then this might all change in the future.

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Might have changed since I played... but probably not,

- Troll for melee
- Frostalf for casting
- Norseman for somewhat of both
- Dwarf for more HP

Specs:
- 44 Hammer/42 Shield/46 Stormcalling/rest Parry - My Thane was specced like this, was a pretty good spec
- 39 Hammer/42 Shield/50 Stormcalling/rest Parry - Casting spec, not much difference in weapskill with the first spec but you don't have Sledgehammer
- 50 Weapon/50 Stormcalling/rest Parry - 2h spec, will probably be the spec most of the Thanes will go for now I think

These are/were the most common specs, if I had continued to play I would have gone the 2nd spec and with the changes the 3th.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Im no expert on the english language, but it always makes me smile when people just put "an" instead of "a" all the time.

If the next word starts with a vowel, its "an" otherwise its "a" (most of the time)

an orrange
an apple
a banana
a pear

anyway.... the class wont make that much of a difference in the end game but whats said above is helpfull, troll for melee damage, frosty for nukes, dwarf for more HP's

As for specs, there are two common ones floating around :-
50 Storms : 42 Shield : 39 Weapon
50 Weapon : 42 Shield : 38 Storms

So i guess if you want to nuke go for a frosty and the top spec, if you want more melee damage go for a dwarf/troll and the 2nd spec.

Mr Trade

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Im no expert on the english language, but it always makes me smile when people just put "an" instead of "a" all the time.

If the next word starts with a vowel, its "an" otherwise its "a" (most of the time)

an orrange
an apple
a banana
a pear

anyway.... the class wont make that much of a difference in the end game but whats said above is helpfull, troll for melee damage, frosty for nukes, dwarf for more HP's

As for specs, there are two common ones floating around :-
50 Storms : 42 Shield : 39 Weapon
50 Weapon : 42 Shield : 38 Storms

So i guess if you want to nuke go for a frosty and the top spec, if you want more melee damage go for a dwarf/troll and the 2nd spec.

I always like it when people correct other people's Grammar, then spell Orange with two r's.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mr Trade said:
I always like it when people correct other people's Grammar, then spell Orange with two r's.

Thats spelling :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mr Trade said:
Well all we have done is succeeded in making us both look like fools!

Fun isnt it :) no one is perfect, but I mod some other forums where alot of euro people roam and its really starting to get to me now :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
c0$ m8$, 1t$ phun 2 +lk l1k3 +h1$ $0m3+1m3$. bu+ m3 3p33n 1$ b1gg3r +4n ur$!

Try modding a board where they all talk like that!

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
now that was a funky sentence :) or actually 2.

less OT: my thane is norseman and he pwnz.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
with upcoming love , go 50 Storms : 42 Shield : 39 Weapon

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
c0$ m8$, 1t$ phun 2 +lk l1k3 +h1$ $0m3+1m3$. bu+ m3 3p33n 1$ b1gg3r +4n ur$!

Try modding a board where they all talk like that!

easy - i'd just delete it and ban the user if they carried on.

Back on topic :)

My thane is a Frosty, +10 pie, +10 con +10 str : I will be 50 storms, 42 shield and 39 weapon this weekend when she finaly dings 50.

If the thane proves more usefull in RvR than PvE I would seriously consider going 50 weapon 50 storms.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
easy - i'd just delete it and ban the user if they carried on.

Back on topic :)

My thane is a Frosty, +10 pie, +10 con +10 str : I will be 50 storms, 42 shield and 39 weapon this weekend when she finaly dings 50.

If the thane proves more usefull in RvR than PvE I would seriously consider going 50 weapon 50 storms.

Then you'd have no users. Tricky situtation :)

on topic: Frosties and Trolls are ugleh. Go with a sexeh Dwarf!!!!!

Laddey

FH is my second home
Thanks for the info.

Think i'll be going frostie or norse, since dwarfs are damn ugly they need remodelling, and trolls, well, they're trolls!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Laddey said:
Thanks for the info.

Think i'll be going frostie or norse, since dwarfs are damn ugly they need remodelling, and trolls, well, they're trolls!

:worthy:

Frosties are great, leveled mine in about 2 weeks on classic, getting a PvE group doing task dungeons was really easy, spec hammer to 25 for the taunt style and the rest in storms/shield.

Also at L50 may be worth keeping hammer too rather than axe/sword as youll only have 39 points, still the hammer spec gives really low end usage and a nice rear stun/root/snare style thing (cant remember which)

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, Provoke (taunt, very low end use) and Conquer. Hammer is the way to go anyways... Sword is only 'useful' when you go 50 Sword (Ragnarok) and Axe... well I don't like Axe. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
remi said:
with upcoming love , go 50 Storms : 42 Shield : 39 Weapon

Im awaiting u to get out on ur thane !

Still, will these changes result in more groupability? Mids have better damage-dealers, better interrupters and, IMO, warrior is still superiour bodyguarder, especially with the heavytank love they received. I doubt we will see many more thanes in the 'opted groups'. They will become more popular obviously, but still I dont see how these changes will make Mids go 'OMFG cant leave MTK we must have a THANE' so to speak.

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
I aswell doubt that Thane will be popular in RvR-groups (especially the hardcore's) with these changes, but maybe they'll change more then just these things... like a weaponskill-boost or so, would be nice.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
50Hammer 50SC will be the way to go with the energy debuffs and the procs on hammer styles for thanes now :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:

an orrange
an apple
a banana
a pear
Nice miss spelling yourself

Also if you would of check the guys location it would say Denmark making english probably not his best language either

Now you spell wrong as an englishman, and complain on a dane. good call Sir.

Enough of that

I would take the race I prefer to play with, There is not BETTER races really. you gain some you loose some whatever you pick.

I mean I have a 60 str briton for a merc and I find that she does insane damage. I also have a half ogre merc and he also does insane damage though hes only rr5. But I hate the looks of the ogre.

your call dont go with the flow. do your own picks

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
i have a troll thane and i love it (onyl thing i dislike is fighting luwi's because i cant see em when i got the camera from behind) anyway, imo there are 2 choises to go, 1 is a troll for a more melee orientated thane (i have 405 str and no aug str and are able to do about 300-600dmg on 2h malice, i also have 280dex buffed which isnt bad at all (also w/o aug dex) tho my piety is somewhat lower so my DD's will do less dmg.)

now you can also pick a frostalf thane this one is the kind that u use if you want to dish out some serious casting damage but in this case you'll miss the possibility to do proper melee dmg. those are the choises u can make imo.

norse is more all round but what go all round? its as good as impossible to make a all-round thane temp anyway, its impossible to excel in both melee and magic, so why take a race that doesnt excel in anything either?

dorf, well allround lower stats apart from hits, and as thane you already have low hits so those very few hits you get extra from a dorfz con is seriously NOT worth it.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Im awaiting u to get out on ur thane !

Still, will these changes result in more groupability? Mids have better damage-dealers, better interrupters and, IMO, warrior is still superiour bodyguarder, especially with the heavytank love they received. I doubt we will see many more thanes in the 'opted groups'. They will become more popular obviously, but still I dont see how these changes will make Mids go 'OMFG cant leave MTK we must have a THANE' so to speak.

thing is, noone have bothered to opt thier thane, mebbe could see some in upcoming pve nerf..

chain grapple and chain nuke is powerful combo. way better then just standing there and chain grappleing(warr)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
remi said:
thing is, noone have bothered to opt thier thane, mebbe could see some in upcoming pve nerf..

chain grapple and chain nuke is powerful combo. way better then just standing there and chain grappleing(warr)

Stun feedback from CB grapple and own, works well.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
chain grapple and chain nuke is powerful combo.

its nonsense tbh, if a thane grapples he can expect to get heavy nuking or if things go really bad you can easily escape as graapled target gets free 2(?) sec faster than the one grappling. as thanes have no good snare ability or speed, that 2 sec is enough to outsprint/speed him without a prob.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
btw slightly unrelated, but Thanes are really awesome in PBAOE groups as a puller, even before these changes.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
its nonsense tbh, if a thane grapples he can expect to get heavy nuking or if things go really bad you can easily escape as graapled target gets free 2(?) sec faster than the one grappling. as thanes have no good snare ability or speed, that 2 sec is enough to outsprint/speed him without a prob.

well, a grappled target should go down before the grapple timer is over anyway.

the main thing here is that a thane can do dmg when he is grappleing, a warrior cant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom