Thanes....

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by Minde
Rofl someone's playing Warcraft 3. Maybe give Thane's Thunder Clap too? All you need is to move Paladin to Mid and give it a strong spec heal then Thunder Clap+Paladin heal and kill 4fg zergs xD

Not bad idea tho ^^

Yeah i shouldn't have called it Bash :D

I was wondering which game i got that from :)

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by Cozak
im on 1600hp self buffed (self thane buffs, dont have a bb), not sure how much pallys, armsmen, warriors get but my guess is that it would be a heck of a lot more.

It's roughly the same mate

S

SoulFly Amarok

Thane defense = actually the same than pala. Even better, as you have evade :p

A pala can take more damage, yep.

Damage is not the same, thanes deal more damage than paladins.

You do have less hp.

------

I as a gimpy highlander with 5 con at start have 1593 hitpoints unbuffed with aug con 1 & toughness 1

A

Ardrias_Mid

Thane doesnt have evade :mad:

SoulPoo did a Booboo! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
Thane defense = actually the same than pala. Even better, as you have evade :p

A pala can take more damage, yep.

Damage is not the same, thanes deal more damage than paladins.

You do have less hp.

------

I as a gimpy highlander with 5 con at start have 1593 hitpoints unbuffed with aug con 1 & toughness 1
Well as the others said, thane have no evade, while the other hybrids in chain does. And thats the otherthing, Paladins are in PLATE ARMOR, thanes are in CHAIN. :p As a dwarf thane unbuffed i have aroun 1200-1300 hps i think, but can check tonight :)

O

ormorof

Originally posted by painman
well i dident say it couldent be done! :p and it probally would work to.

1st. u cant take regend away from the shaman 2 years after release date becouse of the thane.
2nd its the thane thats need power, not the shaman that needs nerfing! and if u asked me, taking away end from a shaman is serious nerfing.

well playing both shaman and thane, i think moving end to thane's is a good idea

BUT, mending would need some boosting before this happens as otherwise the only thing i have going for shaman is an AE root, which lasts about 10s against tank groups anyway :p

if for example, the mending line was to get a power transfer spell, and even maybe a power drain spell in cave (on 20s timer like bolt/dd's) then that would kinda improve shamans quite abit, and then if thane's got end regen chant.... everyone would be happy, except people who are on the recieving end :p

oh and to compare pally's to thane's is just silly, pally's are in a league of their own, and thane's are in the same que as champs and skalds for some loving :p

oh and to answer mattshanes, Thane's are great against most casters, but thats about all they can own (if they are shield specced ofc ;) ) with 2 insta's to interrupt, slam, low dmg doesnt really matter a great deal. thats solo of course, but the only time ive fought a solo caster is in df :p

H

hrodelbert

Originally posted by Mid - Kirinia
Thats because back when daoc started, thanes were actually reasonable. So, lots of people created thanes, plenty of hardcore players included, and a few stuck with the thane.

My Point - Divious would be rr10 no matter what class he played, because he has played it for so long instead of re-rolling.
It just so happens that he's a thane.

DAOC is apparently a group game. The game is designed to get both small groups and large groups to form in order to gain experience/rp together. As an alternative to grouping, stealth classes were invented. A decent alternative that actually gives you a chance to play the rvr side of the game without being in a group.

Unfortunately mythic forgot to 'place' thanes anywhere.

-Thanes can't solo in rvr. They have no speed, no stealth, no 'get-away' tricks. Get caught solo in the frontier and you stand there and fight. On the few occasions that you seem to be winning, you can stand there and watch the enemy turn around and run from you.....just to watch them get away/stealth safely without being able to do shit.

-Thanes can't get a rvr group. They have absolutely nothing to offer a group apart from, in some cases, a decent personality.

1.65.....'oh wow thane love'.....hmm, same old same old. A few tweaks here and there, but nothing that will fix any of the two points above : Thanes can't solo/Thanes can't get a group.

The thane class needs some serious attention. I hope mythic realises this and acts on it quickly.

i felt my cheeks burning , replace armsmen with thanes and you get the same whine :(

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by hrodelbert
i felt my cheeks burning , replace armsmen with thanes and you get the same whine :(

<puts icecream on hrod's burning cheeks>

H

hrodelbert

altho your ice cream is both delicious and soothing, the burning horror which is my class remains :<

C

Cami

Determination to thanes imo :p

---

Actually, it could be an idea for how to "nerf" midgard, remove it from savages and give it to thanes? :p

H

hrodelbert

trollum beat me 1v1 :< i almost slit my wrists

J

Jonaldo

trollum beat me 1v1 :< i almost slit my wrists
Cus Trollum wtfpwns and you refused to pl my merc :cool: twas a revenge killing and woulda taken 50 albs to take him down!

H

hrodelbert

that never happened !!!!!!! and anyway i explained why i lost to you like a year and a half ago :p

F

Fafnir

that never happened !!!!!!! and anyway i explained why i lost to you like a year and a half ago :p
:D But i'm a thane ffs you should kill me by just looking at me :p

H

hrodelbert

i'd just killed some sb after falling off the back of a keep and then i ran into you :< and the sun was in my eyes!!!

J

Jonaldo

i'd just killed some sb after falling off the back of a keep and then i ran into you :< and the sun was in my eyes!!!
hrhr Gimp0R!

E

eynar

Originally posted by Teren
1. ok
2. all classes have second wind, kkthx
3. ok
4. skalds have +20% resists, and pallys rarely use their reisist chants

my 2 cents

Well, your 2 cents are nothing but crap tbh. First of all like 80% of the skalds will have 20% resists of only 2 types, and 10% of the other types. And they're all separate chants, not combined in 2x3 like paladins.

F

Fafnir

Nah you where my first solo kill :) Down in ygdra, at the undead camp, bet i saved a few grey cons there :D

H

hrodelbert

ahhh okay , but you remember the one just inside yggdra? behind the SW jamtland keep;o

F

Fafnir

ahhh okay , but you remember the one just inside yggdra? behind the SW jamtland keep;o
Have i soloed you twice?!?!?!!?!? dam you are a true gimp :D

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Fafnir
Have i soloed you twice?!?!?!!?!? dam you are a true gimp :D
King of the Gimps!

(says the light mentalist) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom