TFC ownz0rz CS!!!11

S

ShockingAlberto

No, CS Is shit.

I have known this for along time, and it was in my head, when i decided to start a thread called `TFC owns CS'. CS Is shit, it's a fact.

O

old.Kez

Its a subjective fact.

A whole lot of plebs would disagree about CS being shit. They'd be wrong, but thats a woman's prerogative.

E

eliminator

Someone has probably mentioned this already, but I can't really be bothered to trawl through the previous pages.

TFC can either be poor in a public server or nearing the boundaries of enjoyable, you may not particularly give two hoots over which team won overall. The real fun is in the fast paced clan matches where you actually know who you are playing alongside and your team are not running around aimlessley.

I would expect that this is very much the case in CS as it doesn't take me long to get turned off in a public server as your fellow teammates seem more interested in going it alone, but I'm guessing that in a clan match scenario it would be a really tense and pleasurable experience.

These are two very different mods, with completely different focuses, so to compare them anyway is tricky.

A

[A&I]Lilly Monster

Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
No, CS Is shit.

I have known this for along time, and it was in my head, when i decided to start a thread called `TFC owns CS'. CS Is shit, it's a fact.

Right, even though CS is the MOST played FPS game online its obviously shit....

Also why start a thread like this ?? Isn't it clearly obvious it would degenerate into spam & flames ?? Let those who like CS play CS, those TFC - TFC or whatever, we don't constantly need small minded people's opinions pushed into our faces on the forums. I think Jesta summed it up best "a bit of inter-game respect" would be very well placed.

Also Moon don't go slating the CS community, alot of people co-exist very well, don't be blinded by those out to ruin it for the masses.

S

]SK[

Yeh but when you play CS you tought to dislike TFC.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Only if you're easily brainwashed...

Hmmm now where did I put those Nike trainers, bud beer, Intel chip, GF4 card and razor mouse.

Oh yeah, and I worship CS-B too...

:rolleyes:

S

ShockingAlberto

Once again:
The whole point of this thread was to point out how much better TFC is compared to CS. If you're going to get annoyed by this, then why the fuck did you decide to read it?

Q3F > TFC > Pong > CS

E

e_chrono

The community in CS is mainly made up of pre-pubecent kids aged around 10 and under.
Also, there is much more abuse in Counter-Strike due to the fact that when you die, your dead until the rest of the round.

Counter-Strike has a LOT more cheaters in its community than any other online game I know.

Basically (without insulting CS, which with me could take many moons), it has got to big for itself.

There will come a time when it will die out and I am looking forward to that day more and more.

The sooner it goes, the better. Mind you, then all the pre-pubecent wankers will turn over to the other games and cause havoc there turning those into games we hate.

Mind you, i hated CS all along really...

A

[A&I]Lilly Monster

Once again:
The whole point of this thread was to point out how much better TFC is compared to CS. If you're going to get annoyed by this, then why the fuck did you decide to read it?

Q3F > TFC > Pong > CS

Ya and u missed my point, u can't say 1 is better then the other because its all based on opinion. U also failed to see, that if TFC 0wnz CS so much, who do so many more people play CS than TFC ?

M

Moving Target

CS Is shit, let's just aggree on that.

Well TFC isn't exactly good now is it? Not original, repetitive, boring (ever tried defending the flag room?), doesn't require any more brainpower than CS, bugged etc etc etc.

No, go and play some decent mods.

I

Insane

CS was fun up until Beta 7 - Retail time, then you got untold amounts of pre-pubesent little wastes of space making the game bad for all the regular players..
who can remember the first time you joined a CS 1.0 server and had some person in a messed up name call you a "n00b" because you managed to sneek up behind them and knife 'em dead?
if CS hadn't of became such a popular game, there wouldn't be so much cheating going on, or so much lame-brain players sitting on it.
mind, im guessing a lot of people here play counter-strike as more deathmatch, a "get to the top as fast as possible" player, so TFC would'nt appeal to you because TeamFortress requires TEAMWORK (thats why its called TEAM fortress dont forget) so defending the flag basement in 2forts can be exciting if you got a well put together attack squad.

1jesta: just want to point out this little fact
i know, for im a smurf :eek6:
smurf = Rebel Smurfs ([RS] for short) a UK TeamFortress Clan.

i've played QWTF, i've played TFC and I play Q3F... so i doubt im a "bandwagon jumping ch1mp" as you put it.. I have played TFC and Q3f and my view is of that Q3f has a faster smoother feel to it than TFC.
Remember, this is a public forum so people can air their views on it, if you disagree with it then place a suitable arguement down, just dont resort to foul-mouthing someone because you cant think of a proper arguement.

enough waffle from me, im trying to get home! :p

I

isuck

i like hl and most of its mods (i have about 60) Snark racing rocks.

as for q3, imo they took a v good game and made it all colourful and bouncy and nice to look at, bit its shit, the only decent mod was Bid for power (before the copyright issues) because it suited the style of the engine and the graphics.

but i mean everyone has their opinion, everyones likes some games and hates others.. and its true, cs players take a course in tfc hatred, i fortunately failed to qualify as i was busy teaching serialkiller how to kill with a shotgun :)

A

[A&I]Lilly Monster

/me huggles isuck

A voice of reason in all the madness !

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by isuck
i like hl and most of its mods (i have about 60) Snark racing rocks.

lol, yeah, that's brilliant on a LAN. No internet servers though :(

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by [A&I]Lilly Monster
u can't say 1 is better then the other because its all based on opinion.
I jsut thought I'd highlight this, because it amused me so.

:)

S

]SK[

Originally posted by isuck
and its true, cs players take a course in tfc hatred, i fortunately failed to qualify as i was busy teaching serialkiller how to kill with a shotgun :)

Hummm you and I know that your gun was more powerful than mine.

U could kill a engy in 2 shots take me maybe 6. I think my server had balancing switched on.

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Well i see skipping from the first page to the last didn't do me any harm.

So ill just presume your on the same vibe as when you started.

At the end of the day it's all repetive stuff, you spawn you 'do stuff' you die, you do 'stuff' again, you disconnect either 5 mins later, or 5 hours later.

Tis what you make it i belive, unless a game of tfc is either being ruined by a bunch of gimps just pissing around, and the other team is still taking it dead 'seriously' as is the case 9 times out of 10.

Or everybody on the server is ruining the game jumping around like fannies, creating what i call the 'lag' unplayable effect, for everybody who comes within a 2 meter radius of them.

Tfc was so much more fun, and full of much more team work than it is today, back in the day, because noone exploited that crap:p

Lol i was playing tfc the other day for the first time in a couple of months on a demon server, and even jolly old 'player' was doing the lame bunny, crouch jumping.

In fact i think i was the only one who wasn't :rolleyes:

Ps. That is why i consider Tfc to be no longer a credible 'class' based game:)

When a soldier can move like at twice his speed, and keep his feet of the ground for 80 percent of the time, Just what is the point in calling it a 'class' 'based' 'team' 'game', may as well call it Quake Shock Horror:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom