Test The Nation

T

Teh Krypt

Oh and guys, its the 2002 test on the site right now.. I guess the 2003 one will be on when it starts on TV. I think I got 116 on 2002 one, not sure tho was a whole year ago :p

T

Teh Krypt

Is it not Sat today?

Says 7:30pm bbc1 sat 6th september...

Aint that today?

T

Teh Krypt

Re: Re: Test The Nation

Originally posted by Jupitus
Rofl.... the irony :)

Please use factual evidence and prove what you preach. Oh and, bringing up spelling mistakes dosnt count as I know im shit at english.

J

Jupitus

Doing the test there right now... I'll post the result.

I don't normally pick up on spelling on the boards, but when you spell womething wrong in a sentence claiming supreme intelligence I just couldn't let it past ;)

T

Teh Krypt

Maybe I don't spell correctly on the forums becuase I don't think about what I type, I just do it and dont give a toss if I got the spelling right or wrong. What matters is what I get on my GCSE tests so I can get into collage, and im fine with a B in english..

J

Jupitus

Ok, 140 was my score. I dropped 20/22 on logic and 9/12 on perception.

That answer your request for evidence Krypt?

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
becuase I don't think about what I type

Think you're in the majority then, including me. Now stop whining and get some homework done.

J

Jupitus

Maybe I don't spell correctly on the forums becuase I don't think about what I type, I just do it and dont give a toss if I got the spelling right or wrong. What matters is what I get on my GCSE tests so I can get into collage, and im fine with a B in english..

Well I suggest if you are going to make claims about supreme intelligence here in the future you spend a little more time and effort at least spelling those sentences right :)

Edit: And congratulations on getting into college:clap:

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
Think you're in the majority then, including me. Now stop whining and get some homework done.
I did my nine pages of coursework two days ago :p

T

Teh Krypt

Ok, 140 was my score. I dropped 20/22 on logic and 9/12 on perception.

That answer your request for evidence Krypt?

I didnt say you were not clever...

J

Jupitus

Re: Re: Re: Test The Nation

Please use factual evidence and prove what you preach.

Sorry... I thought that's what you wanted when you posted this....

T

Teh Krypt

Well I suggest if you are going to make claims about supreme intelligence here in the future you spend a little more time and effort at least spelling those sentences right :)

Edit: And congratulations on getting into college:clap:

Oh I didnt, im just seeing into the future, I got B on last years GCSE test. So if all gos right I should get a B or higher this time around.

I may sound big headed but I know i'll get into the collage course I want if I get higher then a C in english, seems you don't have to spell in English these days, just write down a ton of shit about an article, anything is correct as long as you can back it up with a bit of evidence, im good at that. ;)

J

Jupitus

Well I just asked my wife to make me a large collage of pictures to go on my new office wall at work... perhaps you have some good hints and tips, or know a good collage website?

:p

T

Teh Krypt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Test The Nation

Sorry... I thought that's what you wanted when you posted this....

Well.. no. :p

To prove im thick you would need to get my test score (which was higher then average :p) Oh and nerf last year, they didnt have a lower then 16 age thing...

So it was pritty hard for a youngster to get a real good mark. This year I see in the trial test they have a 14-16 one.

(You see scores are worked out off how old you are too. I think the over 80's had the highest advantage :p)

Btw. Vidx aka Usp the daoc player (or ex daoc player at the moment) got 100% correct first time. Nerf :p

X

Xtro 2.0

I got bored during the memory questions and started playing with myself.

T

Teh Krypt

Well I just asked my wife to make me a large collage of pictures to go on my new office wall at work... perhaps you have some good hints and tips, or know a good collage website?

:p

*kills Jup*

I do hope your child is crap at something, then when I fifnaly work out who he is and if he posts on BW i'll harrass him like you do ;)

J

Jupitus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test The Nation

Well.. no. :p

To prove im thick you would need to get my test score (which was higher then average :p) Oh and nerf last year, they didnt have a lower then 16 age thing...

So it was pritty hard for a youngster to get a real good mark. This year I see in the trial test they have a 14-16 one.

(You see scores are worked out off how old you are too. I think the over 80's had the highest advantage :p)

Btw. Vidx aka Usp the daoc player (or ex daoc player at the moment) got 100% correct first time. Nerf :p

Well I never intended to try to say you are thick... in fact I personally think you are quite bright and should pay a little more attention to detail to do as well as you are capable. Whether you are posting on forums, chatting ingame or doing an exam, if you train yourself to consistently get things right it will become habitual and require far less effort over time.

And yes, Usp's a bright guy... learnt that way back in DAoC beta. Perhaps I should have done the test later in the day when I've woken up a bit, rather than nursing a heavy head from the beer I downed last night ;)

E

evilmonkeh

pffft test the nation has allready been on once this year!

J

Jupitus

*kills Jup*

I do hope your child is crap at something, then when I fifnaly work out who he is and if he posts on BW i'll harrass him like you do ;)

Generic Poster is my eldest son, and he's pretty bright, though not as bright as Teh Old Man (tm)

T

Tom

Its different then the one last year. I got 109, I failed bigtime on the anagrams, I just can't visualise stuff like that. Some of the logic questions just made no sense whatsoever.

E

evilmonkeh

but tehre has allready been one test the nation this year!!!

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Tom.
Its different then the one last year. I got 109, I failed bigtime on the anagrams, I just can't visualise stuff like that. Some of the logic questions just made no sense whatsoever.

I think the logic section is actually pretty tough... tougher than other areas. I was suprised to drop points there as typically I have a very logical thought process.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by evilmonkeh
but tehre has allready been one test the nation this year!!!

Struggling to remember, but we think (the wife and I, that is) the previous one was a subject or area specific test whereas tonight's is an overall, general knowledge test...

S

SoWat!

Well I never intended to try to say you are thick

I think that's pretty much a given Jup ;)

I'm interested in the fact that to get a B in English, one doesn't actually have to be able to spell or be able to construct a sentence that makes sense!

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by SoWat!
I'm interested in the fact that to get a B in English, one doesn't actually have to be able to spell or be able to construct a sentence that makes sense!

I wonder if the test results tonight will show that as a nation we are all getting smarter, or whether instead there will be evidence to suggest that the entire exam system is getting easier and easier :p

Nerf slipping educational standards!!!!111onetwothree

E

evilmonkeh

hmm
i got a B in eng lang (well pleased)
but c in lit. its cos you can ramble on about anything in lang but hav eto stick to the truth in lit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom