Terminator 3

T

Tenko

I've seen T3 and if it wasnt for the ending I'd probably agree with Wij (Assuming he's over reacting a little for effect)

It would be 5/10 up until the last 10 mins. Then it goes up to 7/10 for what happens then, which was pretty fucking major.

The end certainly made me giggle :D

ps: The worse thing in my mind was the lack of the origional score. It was a masterpiece of atmospheric music. VERY much missed here. :(

T

Tom

I want my £5.80 back. What a waste. I enjoyed the car chase, thats about it.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
I want my £5.80 back. What a waste. I enjoyed the car chase, thats about it.

Tom in intelligent comment shockah !!!!!!!11

:D

S

Sir Frizz

I saw this last night, and i don't care what Wij says, this film was pretty enjoyable. :)

T

Tom

Neither terminator appeared menacing enough. In T1, Arnie was generally pretty scary, in T2, Robert Patrick was sly and menacing, in T3, both terminators are just there to provide laughs. Why did it have to be a woman? If they'd have got Patrick back as a newer terminator, it would have been much better.

There are very few women who could possibly be menacing and scary on the big screen, Kathy Bates is about the only one I can think of.

O

old.Fweddy

Damini would make a good evil terminator woman.

S

Sir Frizz

Why did it have to be a woman? If they'd have got Patrick back as a newer terminator, it would have been much better.

*Kill*

H

Happy Go Lucky

The amount of kids trodding off to the toilet every 5 mins when I watched it last night, you would have thought I was watching Stuart Little or something.

I thought arnie was robot, some of the gags from him at the beggining made me wonder, every1 cracked up in the cinema but prolly cuz there was so many families and kids, tho once or twice the gags drew no response, which was prolly the time the audience started to demand a terminator film not kingarden cop. The film did better towards the end but abruptly finished.

It drew alot on the popular ideas like humans vs mahines, and the internet (Matrix reloaded), and whether you can stop fate, as in Final Destination 2 which I saw last week.

On the whole a dazzling film with good effects, but heavily dumbed down.

M

~Mobius~

I just watched it, not a patch on the first 2 Terminator films but its ok.

I dont really like the female terminator....didnt seem very evil to me and not enough like a robot.
Shame that it didnt end, films seem to be doing that more and more nowadays, I guess its good for more movies but its annoying to have to wait for another 3 years for the next one.

About the arm and the connection with the other films, I think I missed it, wheres the connection? :)

All in all I would give it 8/10 ! Great explosions and its action packed...funny when he puts on the glasses, and says "Talk to the hand" :p

S

Sar

Well there was a spare T800 arm left in the smelting factory at the end of T2, which I presume is why Skynet still came about.

I haven't seen T3 yet, nor Hulk sadly.

:(

T

Tom

Nah they chucked the arm and chip into the hot metal. The whole thing about the T films is that we're all ruled by fate.

In the deleted scenes bit of the T1 disc, you see a scene after the terminator has been crushed, where they find the chip, the camera tracks back, and you see 'cyberdyne systems' is the name of the building they're in.

A

adams901

I quite enjoyed the film, I went in there expecting terrible things and found it wasnt that bad. Probally would have been better if they slapped a 15 Cert on it and added a bit more violence to it.

I liked the ending, it makes a change to see endings like that.

S

Sar

Nah they chucked the arm and chip into the hot metal. The whole thing about the T films is that we're all ruled by fate.

In the deleted scenes bit of the T1 disc, you see a scene after the terminator has been crushed, where they find the chip, the camera tracks back, and you see 'cyberdyne systems' is the name of the building they're in.

No there's Arnie's wrecked arm he had to rip off himself when he got skewered by the T-1000. That was left behind. The one chucked into the molten metal was the spare one from Cyberdine Sys.

:)

T

The_Sheriff

Absolutley correct.
Although how an arm will help them out is a mystery.

From little acorns though eh?

T

The_Sheriff

Neither terminator appeared menacing enough. In T1, Arnie was generally pretty scary, in T2, Robert Patrick was sly and menacing, in T3, both terminators are just there to provide laughs. Why did it have to be a woman? If they'd have got Patrick back as a newer terminator, it would have been much better.

There are very few women who could possibly be menacing and scary on the big screen, Kathy Bates is about the only one I can think of.

Well her beauty is supposed to be disarming. And any way, you need a piece of totty in films these days for them to do any good. Especially if the film needs propping up.

T

Tom

Did anybody else think she walked a bit like that Martian who got into the whitehouse with that dress and a big wig, in Mars Attacks! ?

M

~Mobius~

Yep women walking like they've shat there pants is a right turn on. :p

L

leggy

Originally posted by mobiusmid
Yep women walking like they've shat there pants is a right turn on. :p

Frizz in next scatman shocker.

S

Sir Frizz

You make that sound as though it's not actually a shocker.

:(

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by The_Sheriff
Absolutley correct.
Although how an arm will help them out is a mystery.

From little acorns though eh?

The same way it helped them out in T2 - the technology knowledge isn't there, as all the research has been destroyed - but there is an example left to study and learn from, and progress from there. Without the arm they wouldn't have been able to get back on track as it were.

T

The_Sheriff

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
The same way it helped them out in T2 - the technology knowledge isn't there, as all the research has been destroyed - but there is an example left to study and learn from, and progress from there. Without the arm they wouldn't have been able to get back on track as it were.
Hence my From little acorns comment.
It goes, from little acorns, mighty oaks grow (or something)
Which by that I menat just what you said.

O

old.Fweddy

Why didn't you save time and just agree with what Wazz was about to say?

1tchy trigger

****SPOILERS****

Would have been nice if the female terminator died on that magnetic particle accelerator thing, and the whole end sequence was the nanobot controlled Arnie coming after John with a nod and a wink to the first film.

P

Pakman

I enjoyed it, was a decent popcorn movie. On the subject of the director there is one thing that Cameron is definatly better at - getting the budget up on the screen even if you have only seen Titanic once (so you can moan and bitch about it) it has to be admitted it does look expensive. Theres been figures touted that T3 cost $175 mill and tbh it doesn't look like it, they must have spent the money on Arnie's fee because the majority of the film seems a little narrow.

T

Teh Krypt

I thought it was a great film. But ive liked all 3 terminators :D

Users who are viewing this thread