Terminator 3

C

Ch3tan

Saw it tonight, I had low expectations for this movie -especially after the trailer with the "she'll be back" line. Thankfully my expectations war far surpassed.

THe biggest problem with this movie had to be the storyline, who do you explain skynet coming back and all the timeline issues. They writers did a good job though, its not just a remake of t2 with another new model terminator coming after john conner, it easily could have been but it isnt.

Can't say much without spoiling it, but I really did enjoy this movie. WActh out for the cheap gags, although I did laugh at every single one. The effects are amazing, you really do get the impression that both terminators are indestructable hunks of metal and thankfully they didnt take the Independence Day style route with the ending.

S

Sharma

Hmmm, seems good, ill have to hope i can see it soon :)

W

Wij

Hmm - I had doubts since James Cameron isn't directing but I'll probably go see it.

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by Wij
Hmm - I had doubts since James Cameron isn't directing but I'll probably go see it.

What and you think Cameron's a good director? Ha!

S

Sar

The Abyss, T1 & T2 + Aliens not good films?

PFFT!

:p

L

leggy

I said it to see if he would take it as a personal attack against himself and game.net ;D

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by leggy
I said it to see if he would take it as a personal attack against himself and game.net ;D

It was nice knowing you Leggy.

Pity to see you get banned.

S

Sar

Originally posted by leggy

Lol

:)

W

whipped

Saw it last night. Not bad at all. As Ch3tan said, lots of bad gags. In fact, I think there may have been a few too many. The bit where Arnie ends up on stage in Broadway and starts singing the Tommorrow song from Annie*, well, that just took the biscuit for me.

* Not a spoiler as it didn't happen. When I get bored I tend to add new bits to films to make them more interesting. Ala, Homer.

M

Meatballs

I thought it was really really good, there wasn't that many gags, and they were small one liner kind of things, that made me smile, but then straight back into the action, I dont think they were overdone.

I felt pretty clear for the reasons it all happens even with all the time travel stuffe, so story wise pretty good, action wise great, effects wise great, and the actors were good too.

S

Suckerpunch

Originally posted by Sar
The Abyss, T1 & T2 + Aliens not good films?

PFFT!

:p

T1 and Aliens yes. T2 was average and the Abyss was deeply forgettable. More recently he's done Titanic. Prolly a good thing he's not directing T3.

W

Wij

OK - he can do bad films too but the main point is that when a movie series gets a new director it's because the original director thinks it's run out of steam or the script is really poor or they can't cast many of the original actors.

E

envenom

erm T-2 average? fuck u man its one of the all time classics jesus atleast know what your talkin about before you slate a great movie off. and your probably one of the select few that do think its average

T

Tom

Originally posted by Suckerpunch
T1 and Aliens yes. T2 was average and the Abyss was deeply forgettable. More recently he's done Titanic. Prolly a good thing he's not directing T3.

T2 was a superb film. The Abyss I enjoyed lots. Titanic was also very enjoyable, and happens to be the highest grossing movie in history. Bad films? I don't think so.

S

Sar

T2 was a superb action film and The Abyss was excellent.

O

old.[MPZ]Padwah

The abys was very excellent until the end, the ship rising out of the water was shite.

T

Tom

Watch the director's cut, and the end makes more sense.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Sar
The Abyss DVD 2 disc set is excellent - get it.

:)

Agreed. Get the Region 1 version if you can cos it's got the complete "Rat" scene in it and there's quite a few hidden trailers for Alien films and stuff.

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
Titanic was also very enjoyable, and happens to be the highest grossing movie in history. Bad films? I don't think so.

Nice logic.

:/

W

WPKenny

Just saw T3. I must say it was enjoyable but not a patch on the first two. It was all big explosions and stuff and there really wasn't a lot of "film" to it.

Worth seeing but don't expect the emotion or wow factor of the original.

C

.Cask

"Sir, I got this idea. The first two terminator films have set the perfect backstory for an epic film using state of the art cg effects depicting a massive war between the machines and man. It'd be like the battle scenes of Saving Private Ryan but set in the future with insane mechanical fighting machines and without any of the poncy farting around, what do you think?"

"Mmmm nah, lets just have a new model terminator chasing a couple of people again...."

"Ok"

"....and we'll blow up shitloads of cars."

C

Ch3tan

Yes but this way thoose sneaky hollywood types have kept as anticipating that, so if they decide they can make a fouth movie. Which I hope they really don't, unless someone comes up with a very, very good script.

W

Wazzerphuk

I'd also like to point out you fags forgot Cameron directed True Lies.

Users who are viewing this thread