Tanglers - The good old days :)

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by zlair
there were no zapper in the old days...

what are zappers? but yer i remember tanglers were dam right fun ^_^ near imposible to get a grp as a scout as ppl prefered theurg pulls though :(

V

vandar

Ah, people who've never been to Lyon missed out. Admittedly it did get tedious but hey, so is AC and every other XP spot if you spend enough time there....

You got out of cats about lvl28-9 maybe did some ponies in DM, then moved to Dunters/Townspeople etc in Lyon...

At 32'ish off to the gobbo house....you'd get 2+ gobbos, if you pulled the house you'd get about 10 which you thought was alot :eek:

Hit lvl38 and the Tanglers were calling..
Pulling anything from 3-30! Fantastic fun :) Trying out different tactics with sorcs mezzin, get bored, then trying several cabby's dotting then trying something called pbaoe (when no-one had an ice wizz).

Hit 44-45 and then trees for the home run. Shit youself on the first pull cause they're huge and fast.

During 30-50, the barrows were only somewhere to go if you got bored in Lyon, there were never any groups.

I had to laugh when we were doing an epic for a tank. We were meeting at the pikies and he didn't know where they were, lol.

SI killed Lyon.

S

Sharma

Hmmmm, three things i tried at tanglers...

AE root pull:

Island camp, theurg casted about 3 AE roots and rooted the ENTIRE island, they all cmae in one big huddle, sorc ae mezzed, and kept them mezzed while we picked em off, about 0.5 a pull at 41. :p

Was nice till the island suddenly came at us because of one gettin away.

AE DD:

Pull, AE DD, Ice wiz + Fire wiz, comp lagged out group died after my screen froze for 30 secs, fun. :D

Standard:

You know what that is i guess. :D

H

heilel

I lvled my Cleric in lyonesse from about the mid 30's levels.
Started at teh Pygmy gobbos and by lvl 38 spent a lot of time at the tanglers.
Yeah, it was dodgy, but I had a lot of fun there chatting awawy while healing and running and dying.

Then I moved onot the trees for a bit, but not very long as then SI came out and I moved to AC and DF.
And yeah, SI killed Lyonesse, still AC was fun (I don't go there much either anymore) and DF is a good laugh when you can get a diamond group.

My alt is a sorc (lvl 20) and the old regular places I lvled are not so busy, so I'm in a bit of a bind with that character, haven't played it much.

S

Solstice

Originally posted by zlair
there were no zapper in the old days...

Pygmy Goblin Bombardier is the name, been there for 2 years at least, saw them exping my with my old arms. There were not many of them and they usually were at beach spot. They're almost unkillable and they always managed to get to us and explode :D

Loads of fun :)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Solstice
Pygmy Goblin Bombardier is the name, been there for 2 years at least, saw them exping my with my old arms.
Nope, bombardiers were introduced with the 1.48 patch which went live in the US on March 19th, 2002. I think it went live for us in Europe sometime during the summer of 2002, i.e. it's been live for about 1 full year.

From the patch notes:
Lyonesse / Cornwall: It seems as though the pygmy goblins in Lyonesse have been toying with new magics of late, explosions have been heard in the area.

T

Thamiles

I remember tanglers when my pally had dinged 40, got 2 lvls in one day (woot) then it got kinda boring, nothing compared to trees tho. That was boring.

They could revive all the old zones by giving them a makeover and make them drop stuff..but then again id rather have submarines and more uber fx l337 rr16 drop hunts where ppl can flame eachother about lotto rules..or something...

O

old.Tijl

/who Lyonesse
150+ hits

/y Relic under attack!! Confirmed !! Exca!
1 minute later

/who Lyonesse
2 or 3 ppl

All xp deaths, and no-one who cared, Albion made big sacrifices in those days :).

Then the rush from pkb and Ludlow to CS and excalibur, picking up grave in the Lyonesse graveyard afterward.

E

-Enjoy-

when somebody dinged 50 in tweegroup he had to solo a worm or twee :D

A

araan

wonder how many wizzies using vp it would take to clear a spot in 1 go? ;)

M

Mollie

Originally posted by old.Tijl
/who Lyonesse
150+ hits

1 minute later

/who Lyonesse
2 or 3 ppl

All xp deaths, and no-one who cared, Albion made big sacrifices in those days :).

Then the rush from pkb and Ludlow to CS and excalibur, picking up grave in the Lyonesse graveyard afterward.
i remember a few times like that :)

L

luin

HELL YEAH do i remember tanglers!

as 1 of the old infis, (before they made us good!) trying to get a group sucked ass! either no grps there or 175 with thousands of drifters wondering round trying to get on the list....i remember still being there at lvl 47 cos no fukin tree groups would take me cos i was a rouge!!

But you guys should try going to malmo in hib and getting a lair grp, i garuentee you will slitting your wrists before you even get a group....at least at tanglers people were still civil to you, at lair, people turn into total tossers as soon as they get there, they replace you if you LD, even if you have been waiting a month for the grp, they dont talk to you, gratz you when you ding, basically it is crap!

anyway, where do albs xp now??? i used to like dartmoor, probly cos it was new back then and loadsa people went there........mmmmm ponies!!

C

ChillyDawg

haha, the golden age of afk clerics, mincer, and pbt theurs!

i loved them never had to do any work cos i teamed up with a pbt their mosty and thus had FA work to do :D

F

freerp

Originally posted by Draylor
Heh, having to zone into catacombs to escape mad rampaging gobbos - another nasty memory.

ah it was u wasit i came out of cats once to find meself attacked by gobbos as someone ran in neddless to say 4 hits and i was dead
got a pm saying sorry thou :)

B

Belomar

Umm, I am pretty sure Draylor was not the only one taking refuge in Catacombs.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by old.Tijl
/who Lyonesse
150+ hits

1 minute later

/who Lyonesse
2 or 3 ppl

lol yer so true i remmeber that

S

Skaven

''eh, but what about meh epic''

''screw your epic, im off to excal''

:clap:

C

chosen

remember the day when i were a alb and me and Dvl(Both lvl 42 arms) pulled the pikeys(or whatever they are called now :p) then to many did add so we had to run, but they didnt stop following us to we ran to Catacombs(i think the dungeon name is) and we got inside there and when we popped outside again we saw 3fg lowbees laying dead and yelling for who the hell did this :p those were the days!

O

old.Wildfire

Funny, I seem to remember people not being bothered about relics because they didnt want the exp death, subsequently barely anyone turned up and hey, we lost a bunch of relics.

J

Jergiot

remember them?!?!

i still got nightmares about them :(

S

-Steph-

Aaah those were the days :)

Mezzing the goblins, running away from the goblins, pulling tanglers, cripling the tanglers, running away from the tanglers all the way to catas and ofc those trees! Omg i could have made 10 lvl 50s in the time i dinged 50 on my minstrel!
But that's what made it so special i guess :p

T

tenken

Funny, I seem to remember people not being bothered about relics because they didnt want the exp death, subsequently barely anyone turned up and hey, we lost a bunch of relics.

I remember seeing Wildfire, a lowbie wizard on salisbury newbie grouping when I was in barrows once... maybe before your time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom