Tanglers - The good old days :)

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Draylor
Tanglers good? The only thing good about them was teaching sorcs to be VERY tolerant of dying often ;)

At least now AC gives everyone wanting a high level xp group space to do it.

I disagree.

Being a necro at 46 - wanting a spot in AC takes the piss imo - im forever asking for group there - and never EVER get a reply.

No, i dont want to solo anymore - its boring as F**K - i want to chat whilst playing, i want to be able to help out realmies whilst getting EXP.

Im not bitter.

W

-Wedge-

Not exactly tanglers, but I can remember when chaining still worked, that I (by accident) shot a pygmy that was hurt at the house, and it called for help...

Lets just say, that was the patch where they attacked everything in their path, not just the people in your group... It was rather... Nasty...

I dont think anyone was still alive between pygmy house and catacombs...

D

Draylor

Heh, having to zone into catacombs to escape mad rampaging gobbos - another nasty memory.

Originally posted by tripitaka
Being a necro at 46 - wanting a spot in AC takes the piss imo - im forever asking for group there - and never EVER get a reply.
I expected it to be an infil that disagreed rather than a necro ;) Point was that theres room for every GROUP that wants a spot to xp - not that every non-FOTM grouping class gets straight into a perfect xp group.

Make your own groups - or try duoing with another necro of your level.

Your necro might be a decent solo PvE char, but youll have to realise its not a wonderful char for typical PvE groups fighting purp mobs. And if the pet pathing deeper into AC is still as bad as the last time I was there with mine - necros are a liability.

T

Tiarta

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Not exactly tanglers, but I can remember when chaining still worked, that I (by accident) shot a pygmy that was hurt at the house, and it called for help...

Lets just say, that was the patch where they attacked everything in their path, not just the people in your group... It was rather... Nasty...

I dont think anyone was still alive between pygmy house and catacombs...

OH, it was you !11!1 ;)

B

belth

One of the best non-standard AC groups I've had contained 2 lower level necros, was fun with their AF-debuffs :) No CC, no heals, no buffs ;)

T

thorwyntf

I remember running away from a bad gobo pull all the way back to Cornwall to zone at catacomb just to get killed by Yarleys because they were aggressive to one guy in my group. :D

J

Jiggs

it took us like 3 weeks to teach metalwolf how to cripple at the house, then when ppl moved onto the beech he was trying to chain all the time :/

also u remember sometimes the whole spawn would lag towards u and u'd see like 40pygmies inc!

was quite funny tbh :eek:

B

bob007

As a cleric is was a nightmare, House was fine as long as they didn't all come at once :)

But beach I hated every f***en sec of it, Knowing that as soon as that tangler was hit, You had 15+ crazed little b***ards with little swords, Hitting like a duel wield zerker per nerf, Ok they had few hps but they made up for that in the damage they did. Praying the sorcs mez would hold, Then switch prays to tanks killing the little basts before timer ran down. Then watch hoplessly as the mez breaks and the last 7 gobbos make a bee line for the sorc and knowing that you used both instants on previous pulls. Cast your major heal over and over and thinking "Well sorcs fecken dead, Only got power for 1 more" :p

Delete them imo :D

P.S. This was pre spread heal, pre mcl, pre anything of any use ever :)

B

Belomar

You remember when heals broke root? That was uber at the tangler beach, Iskander mezzed and then rooted, followed by some nubber cleric doing a heal close by and releasing all the liddul buggers. :D

B

bob007

OMG yes, Having to move so some stupid bug wouldn't wipe out half of albion. Or some other group close by would, And you have tanks and casters running into your groups rooted shouting "HELP", Then the mobs would be mixed and you'd end up with 2 bafs instead of 1, DELETE :)

P.S. Isk still has nightmares of them to this day :)

L

lac_desariel

i remember AOE tanglers, Tilda myself anric some ice wizzy albus and bodezalopha (both thurgs) and a cleric.. man that was fast exp... telling mincers we didnt need em, no need for sroc just wizards clerics and thurgs... but it was the bore

K

kenshee-himura

Originally posted by Sibanac
Tanglers where the wurst xp spot ever IMHO, high death rate,
nothing to do while you wait 3h for a spot to come free,
then get whiped on first pull and have another group steal your spot.
not to mention all the moaners and griefers that ran around that place.

I'll take DF or deep barrows above lyon anyday

LoL never died often there unless we did like uber bodypull for the rest uber xp :D

L

Loth

Tanglers, ahhh they were the days :great:

tangs.jpg

E

ExTheRex

it was soooo boring both twees and pygmies.....
but damn i miss that place, the good old days. Ppl getting wiped out some times and asking for rez. Impossible to find a spot. I know it sounds bad but i actually miss it :) I remember starting at the pygmy house as lvl 37 (which was my first lyonesse visit) and then at 39-44 at tanglers and 45-50 at twees/dartmoor. :)

But suddently Lyonesse was so empty like a city which had been razed by a legion of mobs (a little like Avalon City), and only a few ppl returned.

I wish lyonesse woud be revived as xp place, but i´m afraid it stays in my dreams ;)

E

ethiraseth

pygmy's were fun :) well ,maybe not at that moment, but looking back at it i really miss those cute little mobs :eek:. only stupid thing was the neverending search for sorcs, which kinda sucked.

givf back patch 1.47 or so. :(

M

Moody

Originally posted by belth
Damn those icons were.... UGLY.

Yup, but when they changed the icons people were yelling murder and complaning they were made by someone on speed. Oh well people always find something to complain :)

About tanglers. I went there once saw enough and never went back. I levelled 40-46 in Dartmoor in small groups, then did tweees and Dartmoor till 50.

T

triangle

LOL the time a sorc was soloing them with his buff bot and died. somehow his pet went on a rampage through the FG beside him and tried more after other grps jumped into help .
that was hilarious.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Draylor
Tanglers good? The only thing good about them was teaching sorcs to be VERY tolerant of dying often ;)

At least now AC gives everyone wanting a high level xp group space to do it.
Lies. With a good sorc tanglers was ownage.
Also, I remember several occaisions where theurg/wiz/minstrel spammed root/single mezz and managed not to get the group wiped out.
Aaaah, fun.

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Vegy
The little zapper things that suicide bombed everyone aswell :p

there were no zapper in the old days...

Z

zlair

But yea... tanglers... I love to hate them, lol!

I remember back when Dhs, Eraser, Leopol, me (as Zlair) and a few other casters doing PBAE at beach... we were all very very tired, pulling all and then AE root, NUKE, ae root, nuke, ae root, nuke, pbae, pbae, pbae, rezz <instert wizz name> and then back to it... have some fun memories of back then :)

V

Vegy

Which patch were zappers added?
This was when I did tanglers first time with my arms, musta been july last year.

L

Loth

You mean Pygmy Goblin Sappers

Great fun, can't remember what patch they were but the first time I saw them I shit myself :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
Trees where cool, even more so when you could auto pull them and everything went pear shaped because the cleric died :)
Dinged 50 in a tree group with just paladin heal chant for healing, was cool. :)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Danya
Dinged 50 in a tree group with just paladin heal chant for healing, was cool. :)
Hmm, but you must have had a pbt theurg then, surely?

D

Danya

Sure did, 6s pbt theurg, who spent her time sitting afk. ;)

Also, anyone else remember this, possibly the first dragon raid on alb/exc:

sshot022.jpg

O

old.Zeikerd

Yeah, those first dragon raids lagged my machine to death with 300+ people in cornwall :)

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by Moonshae
Do you remember back in the day when there were hoards of people waiting around for a Tangler spot?

Sure it was frustrating as a Tank when there were only caster groups availible, but when you did get a group... ahh so sweet.

30 little buggers coming running at you waving their tiny swords in the air. They got the blood pumping. Hoping the Sorcerer got their mez off in time and the cleric was still awake at the keyboard. The tanks would wade in, slashing at wave after wave of little gobbo's.

Some fun times...

Shame they nerfed them would love to relieve that again <sigh>

Do you have any found memories of the Tanglers or other favourite areas?

Moonshae
Co- GM The Corporation
YES I REMEMBER THOSE GOD DANM TIMES and i try to forget them
main reason i stoped lvling my scout for more than 4 months is cause of taglers ...i was 5 hour each day for 5 days and still did not get group...
LONG LIVE AVALON CITY .... k tnx

E

elryrith

very fond memories of tanglers

dinged 50 at about 5 mins past midnight on newyears day

lots of fireworks going off in the background

was sweet

been on a 7 hour solo the duct bender

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom