Tanglers - The good old days :)

M

Moonshae

Do you remember back in the day when there were hoards of people waiting around for a Tangler spot?

Sure it was frustrating as a Tank when there were only caster groups availible, but when you did get a group... ahh so sweet.

30 little buggers coming running at you waving their tiny swords in the air. They got the blood pumping. Hoping the Sorcerer got their mez off in time and the cleric was still awake at the keyboard. The tanks would wade in, slashing at wave after wave of little gobbo's.

Some fun times...

Shame they nerfed them would love to relieve that again <sigh>

Do you have any found memories of the Tanglers or other favourite areas?

Moonshae
Co- GM The Corporation

B

burg-

I remember;

Originally posted by Moonshae

30 little buggers coming running at you waving their tiny swords in the air. They got the blood pumping.

And then we were all dead.

S

Sibanac

Tanglers where the wurst xp spot ever IMHO, high death rate,
nothing to do while you wait 3h for a spot to come free,
then get whiped on first pull and have another group steal your spot.
not to mention all the moaners and griefers that ran around that place.

I'll take DF or deep barrows above lyon anyday

D

dimerian

Ye,good old tank-group,accidentally critshotting tangler and 1928190218 comes and killing em one by one with 5arms/paladins/infis etc.... good old days xD

D

Draylor

Tanglers good? The only thing good about them was teaching sorcs to be VERY tolerant of dying often ;)

At least now AC gives everyone wanting a high level xp group space to do it.

R

ReaLX

I remeber having 6 tanks and 1 cleric in the group and NOWHERE a sorc to be found...... yeah real cute :p

V

Vegy

The little zapper things that suicide bombed everyone aswell :p

L

loxleyhood

Tanglers was the worst part of my entire DAoC experience. Sometimes I would crit shot tanglers just for some fucking entertainment.

G

glorien_

At the time tanglers almost made me quit :p Barely any grps, lack of sorcs and infils everywhere trying to get grps.

But when u look back it was quite entertaining - when you got a grp that is. Probably the only site i can think of where you needed the whole grp to be awake and work together.

I

iluvatur

inc inc .. inc! OMG INC!!! ARRGHHHH

(mezzes all tanglers)

( sends pet in on pygmy all alone )

( waits for group to move )

'err guys .. you wanna start hitting things?'

( one or two guys make an effort to hit one .. separate targets ofc)

( aoe roots pygmys )

( sorcs shouts at them to not wait 5 seconds after each kill )

( mezz breaks on the remaining 20 pygmys and kill the sorc in less than half a second )

( group runs away )

( group says sorry and repeats after rezz )

ahhhhhh those were the days!!! ......

F

Feac_

" CRIPPLE FFS" is the thing that makes me smile and remember those days and people talked more in those groups too :/

I

iluvatur

ohh .. but i remember second time round where with 2 ice wizards and a matter cabalist ( all 43ish) we could chain pull hundreds of the little bastards ...

Felt kinda disturbed by the amount of tanks sat round pm'ing me every 3 seconds to see if we'd changed our mind and wanted a tank :D felt kinda sorry for em

L

loxleyhood

I put on a robe and a staff and /y Sorc lfg!

Worked everytime. :doh:

K

Kagato.

Never bothered with them a whole lot, if I couldn't get a group after 10 minutes i'd simply go to Barrows, did most of my 40-50 there.

Did have a few entertaining times there though, once had a very uber group who could virtually pull the entire beach (wasn't deliberate the first time) and survive. Of cause we had a damn good sorc with us, and for the most part we we're only 7 strong but no matter how many came we seemed to handle them, scared the crap out of whoever came and went in the 8th slot how many we were pulling :D thats what happens though when you got a fire wiz scoring a crit on a tangler.

ah memories.

O

old.Zeikerd

I remember the days when I happened to pull 80-90% of the tree spot in one pull and killed them all. Never had that many xp in one pull. Over 0.4 bubble. Was so cool :)

After that I got tired of pygme's and haven't dont it since I dinged 50 (with 1 or 2 exceptions).

E

Exinferis

ahhh yes

-aedot 2x
-run
-get buttloads of xp
-ding50

mmmmm'mmm

R

Rei-Ki

Originally posted by Moonshae

Do you have any found memories of the Tanglers or other favourite areas?

i kinda remember vigi's bein the hot spot for a level or two and that ub3r eternal midnight drop...lol

M

milky.way

And a FG Firewizzy's aoe-ing those poor tanglers..

H

hercules-df

ya, was good when u got in a grp of nice ppl
i remember seeing a few caster grps at those, think i got in one once and was the loot boy even tho i was higher lvl than the wizards,

full of EVUL cabbies these days legging it around the place with 30 of the teeny dudes after them, then a giant line of loot bags and the alt dinging a hideous amount of times.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

The most evil xp spot must be the Trees in Lyonesse.
Tanglers were fine, allways got a spot at tanglers with my sorc, even at lvl 37 :)
Trees, I still have nightmares about them... have not been there in 1 year time.. luckily.
Regards, Glottis

N

nightsorrow

i hatted it, i usually didnt get a group because i was scout, and if i got in one i had to find tangler and pull him every time ffs;o

O

old.Zeikerd

Trees where cool, even more so when you could auto pull them and everything went pear shaped because the cleric died :)

O

old.Ramas

Tanglers were great simply beacuse they were a totally different experience to every other mob spot in the game, not really because they were espeicially efficient.

Trees however, were a pain in the ass from start to finish.

B

belth

Trees stopped being worth the exp after 44 in a FG when they removed chaining :(

M

mavo

Saxo here

Ye i had some fun time whit em one was really really funny i personaly think

I wanted to suiside and killed 1 gobo befoure that

THen all the pygmys got mad and killed 5 fullgroupes exping down there =( was deadly fun because my irl mate sitting next to me was in one of the and yelled somthing funny noice from the pygmys.

my point was not to kill the groupes but was funny the bug happen

B

Belomar

Originally posted by nightsorrow
i hatted it, i usually didnt get a group because i was scout, and if i got in one i had to find tangler and pull him every time ffs;o
Umm, the tangler is always in the exact same spot, it's extremely easy to find him.

Oh, and Saxo, I don't recall that incident -- I do recall you pulling a bonesnapper across the AoE path of the tangler beach groups, however.

A

adari

I loved tanglers, was always fun, those were teh days

S

Silenzio

maybe is just AC that is fukking up n spreeding boredom...

xept for dorp id ruther the old lyo

S

Sohan_THC

<sorc> Cripple !!!!!
<minstrel> Cripple !!11
<cleric> Dammit he killed it !!11!1
<sorc> told you to cripple !!
<arms> but but im a 2 hander tho

:clap:

Ohw man i had special criple sword that did not hit them to hard.

And the whipeouts cause the group next to you freaks up .

hehe zillion dead albs. well that is not strange nevermind ,
anyway Gobbo's are cewl :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom