Take population in our own hands.

friky

Fledgling Freddie
iv been thinking of how to increase population, and i thort up that daoc got many playings with no advitising, so i thort up .. 2 fgs hibs , 2 fgs alb , 2fgs mids .. all do a coordenated fight or 2 just to put on youtube or maby something beter if some 1 has that power.. if we make it look good using all realm abilitys and from diffrent realms should look good.

any 1 wanna try this out ?

tierk

Part of the furniture
This is probably one of the first good ideas i have seen or heard of with regards to population issues. I would be really surprised if they (GOA) do anything significant about the decline in numbers of players on euro servers and a idea like this is a awesome way to try and take matters into your own hands.

What also might be a idea is for people to try posting there movies (edited down ofc) on places like youtube. Maybe arrange a poll for best recent movies and take the best three get them edit down to a decent size and post them.

Death

Fledgling Freddie
Also a wee idea to GOA a protest all HIB/MIDS/ALBS protesting around RVR all 2gether, not fight but /rude and GOA for taking so long about it etc etc You all know the score, but aye fricky Time and Place m8 etc get a few things to try help our selfs out!! im up for trying anything moaning at GOA seems to solve nothing, GOOD SHOW M8 :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The best thing u can do is actually mail yer friends with link to trial, roll a level 1, arm yerself with a good dose of patience, explain em the game and level with em. Rest will just be a placebo no matter how good a video can be.
If it drags ppl in game and they find no1 to xp with, hard times to understand the ui (cause let's face it it's shit yet) u'll lose em after the 7 days.

tierk

Part of the furniture
The best thing u can do is actually mail yer friends with link to trial, roll a level 1, arm yerself with a good dose of patience, explain em the game and level with em.

Aye a good idea as well so like make a couple of action packed vids and then also have this also as a guide to get started. Good thinking. Will be happy to give time towards this project, once i get inet up in my new place.

Death

Fledgling Freddie
Anything is worth a try, to bring old/new players back into dyvet try keep things alive and kicking, we need to sort this out soon tho no point in waiting about for ages talking/discussing it, get a date time set that suites most people then lets impliment it!! be a good laugh i think aswell.

Death

Fledgling Freddie
290 views is any one else intrested in these great ideas or are u all going to twiddle ur thumbs waiting on GOA to pull a rabit out of a hat?? plan A or B!!!! I SMELL B*LLSH*T!!! come on guys and girls lets not wait around if were going to do it we need to do it now!!!

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
i think we should line up like 3 or 4 fgs of mids n hibs, all sit. than ill go thru and chain kill them all on vid and we can see if that attracts players. sounds like a good plan to me ;)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
The games dead Dave, what about Lum, it's dead dave, sinta, all dead dave, what about helkhor, dead dave, well what about Bee, there all dead dave, the servers dead, they are all dead dave.

Sorry worst Red Dwarf impression but hey yo get the idea.

Eble

The is game is just too old, too far down the road for new players to get started and get insterested.

Were all just hanging on in there cos were all either too lazy to re-roll a US server or start a new MMO with crap pvp.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The game isn't suited to new players.

Games based around PvE can bring in new players as they tend to be much more gradual learning curves as you go through.
With DAoC you get to 50 in PvE on a nice gradual curve then there's nowhere to go.

As an RR1 with no experience your chances of killing anything is next to zero.

People that say RA's don't matter tend to be the better players who can survive without them. Fighting someone with much more experience who has better gear and RA's up just doesn't work.

Having new people is great.. keeping them in the current game climate is impossible. Either the game needs a hundred new players in one week so they have people to level with, form guilds with and fight against. Dripfeeding 5 new players to the game every week will end with 5% at most of those people staying past the free trials.
The US classic servers have the greatest population because people play up through the BG's, meaning new players have somewhere to go to learn. On Dyvet it's PvE solo then get farmed.. a youtube video isn't going to alter that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom