Suggestions on new stuff for daoc.

Himse

FH is my second home
Give back old frontiers, im so serious its not even funny,with NF it takes you ages to find people, it has shit terrain, bridges are just a stealther / WL fest.

Just put the NF keeps, in the OF zones, maybe - the towers. OF didnt get deleted. Because you can still get there, Mythic just changed the locs.

Why dont GOA actually express our Idea's to Mythic for once rather than just thinking of it as random whine. At TOA it got pathetic. The RVR used to be good, i think NF was the final straw for most. Purely because its crap imo.

Old frontiers had such better terrian to fight on, Agramon is just a hillfest, Frontiers are a bridge fest. I admit Emain etc was a MG > MG, but not always tbh, plenty of fights, and RR's were much more interesting back then, because you didnt have to own 3 keeps to open a gate. BORING, used to love just taking it from a single keep, was awesome. Only good thing about NF was the porting system.

A start would be to give a PROPER classic server, just SC, OF. Basically SI.

Oh, and nobody cared about zerg vs zerg then. It was actually quite fun, because it wasnt on a fucking bridge. Oh and nobody minded fg vs xx people, because it was still a fun fight, now its all whine about AWWW we got added on blah blah. QQ

OF is the win!

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
depends whats in the present - i unwrapped a really plain looking box once and in it i...

oh...

sorry

*leaves a note asking for his coat to be forwarded to him at the address supplied*

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Himse said:
Memorys > present :p

Memories of 30 min purge timers.. Over camped mile gates .. To much running around xD...

Classic server with out SC would be good... no farting around templateing just do epics champ quest and jewery quests then go PvP..

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
oh.. OF is out of the client btw.. happend a few patches ago.

- That's the reason there are no freeshards with OF anymore either.

Dorimor1

Banned
Himse said:
Give back old frontiers, im so serious its not even funny,with NF it takes you ages to find people, it has shit terrain, bridges are just a stealther / WL fest.

Just put the NF keeps, in the OF zones, maybe - the towers. OF didnt get deleted. Because you can still get there, Mythic just changed the locs.

Why dont GOA actually express our Idea's to Mythic for once rather than just thinking of it as random whine. At TOA it got pathetic. The RVR used to be good, i think NF was the final straw for most. Purely because its crap imo.

Old frontiers had such better terrian to fight on, Agramon is just a hillfest, Frontiers are a bridge fest. I admit Emain etc was a MG > MG, but not always tbh, plenty of fights, and RR's were much more interesting back then, because you didnt have to own 3 keeps to open a gate. BORING, used to love just taking it from a single keep, was awesome. Only good thing about NF was the porting system.

A start would be to give a PROPER classic server, just SC, OF. Basically SI.

Oh, and nobody cared about zerg vs zerg then. It was actually quite fun, because it wasnt on a fucking bridge. Oh and nobody minded fg vs xx people, because it was still a fun fight, now its all whine about AWWW we got added on blah blah. QQ

OF is the win!

OF > all, totally agree.

And if the released a true classic server, I'd be off, no problem.

Himse

FH is my second home
Tualatin said:
oh.. OF is out of the client btw.. happend a few patches ago.

- That's the reason there are no freeshards with OF anymore either.

out of live client? dont think so :) i asked a CSR about it and he says it still exists.

arimyr

Fledgling Freddie
just a thought how about a few servers wich are playable without ld ? :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Imo ppl who claim OF>>>NF are living in a dream world, and only looking at the good things and forget all the shit things it had such as:

MG camping if it was camped no way to get across, few times i couldnt get past the mg for 4-6 hours.

travel to emain took 10 mins solo as stealther or any pother soloer for that matter

Constant zergs, none of the rules and agreements of today where there then, it was a constant add and zerg fest for most.

Emain was hilly as well, altho not as much as agramon agreed

Portins, 1 in grp missed port to odins whole grp had to w8 for 10 mins

RAs new RAs are much more balanced then the old ones 30 min purge bof baod

And alot of other things to but i cba to write more

Himse

FH is my second home
Valgyr said:
Imo ppl who claim OF>>>NF are living in a dream world, and only looking at the good things and forget all the shit things it had such as:

MG camping if it was camped no way to get across, few times i couldnt get past the mg for 4-6 hours.

travel to emain took 10 mins solo as stealther or any pother soloer for that matter

Constant zergs, none of the rules and agreements of today where there then, it was a constant add and zerg fest for most.

Emain was hilly as well, altho not as much as agramon agreed

Portins, 1 in grp missed port to odins whole grp had to w8 for 10 mins

RAs new RAs are much more balanced then the old ones 30 min purge bof baod

And alot of other things to but i cba to write more

5 can be changed, so can 6.

So maybe something like, Old terrain, NF RA's, NF keeps?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Give places for 1 vs 1 ,2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 etc that could be fun :)

an ofc delete warlocks but that not gonna happen ever :( because they really ruint alot of the fun being solo..

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
One idea would be to scratch the current Frontier and make a couple smaller, themed, frontiers. One featuring siege, maybe the size of one of the current realm landmasses in NF, with 7 keeps etc. This zone would determine access to DF and Relics etc. Then add another zone which is just roaming, and designed to be a good zone for roaming (say the size of old Emain and Breifine). Then a third one which is filled with ruins and tight places like villages etc, for a hide-and-seek, small group and solo playstyle. Maybe also a zone where you couldnt use buffbots.

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
Fana said:
One idea would be to scratch the current Frontier and make a couple smaller, themed, frontiers. One featuring siege, maybe the size of one of the current realm landmasses in NF, with 7 keeps etc. This zone would determine access to DF and Relics etc. Then add another zone which is just roaming, and designed to be a good zone for roaming (say the size of old Emain and Breifine). Then a third one which is filled with ruins and tight places like villages etc, for a hide-and-seek, small group and solo playstyle. Maybe also a zone where you couldnt use buffbots.

That sounds a lot like Doom and Counterstrike tbh. We are playing in a MMORG. The scenery is medieval times with castles and such. If they realy want to turn Daoc into a sort of firstperson shooter then my time is done in Daoc.

And to the ppl whining about NF :
travel - OF (10-15 mins) NF (2-3 mins) nuff said

And yes, Agramon is silly. I get seasick everytime we navigate through these pre-glacier mountains :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Mundokar said:
That sounds a lot like Doom and Counterstrike tbh. We are playing in a MMORG. The scenery is medieval times with castles and such. If they realy want to turn Daoc into a sort of firstperson shooter then my time is done in Daoc.

And yes, Agramon is silly. I get seasick everytime we navigate through these pre-glacier mountains :p

Right NF is nice. But with OF there was much more realm spirit, people would defend relics for instance. just an example, too tired to write more

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Mundokar said:

I definetly dont want to change it into "CS" etc. And the scenery would ofc remain the same. It would just be a way to concentrate people that want different kinds of pvp/rvr to places where they would get that kind of pvp. NF is just so damn large, and its the same setup all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom