Suggestions on new stuff for daoc.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
1. Fix so no instantdebuffs interrupts (including bd debuff and chanter dps
debuff)

2. Make more effects visible (make it optional so you can choose in settings etc, so people with low resolution can adapt it to their resolution. It really sucks when you get negative effects that you cant see because you have to many buffs.

3. Some "interrupt" icon which changes colour when you are able to cast spells(not interrupted) etc, sux when you get interrupted by some invisible stuff~.

4. Arrange a new "PvP" server. With OF emain macha , you can make groups of all realms and when you leave atk/mtk you have like a few minutes PvP immune so people cant camp tk:s. You will be able to copy your character from any other server to this one (so you dont have to do the PvE grind again)

Just a few thoughts I came up with just now , will add more stuff later probably.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
haha such dreams, what we will get tho is new OP items wich forces us to more fun pve.!

D

Doom

something, anything, that makes it easier and more enjoyable for non-templated, low RR, characters to rvr..

lets say you take a character, goes to an npc called "Chief of War" who judges your char based on ml-level, cl-level, rr, stats/resists/bonuses, then teleports you to a certain area, where everyone has the same combined "points"...

something like that, although altered heavily

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
camlann only needs higher population

additional:

removal of warlocks/vampiirs, and maybe bonedancer, these classes dont belong on camlann :(

give the same buff system as on classic

fix ram stealing on camlann

B

Benedictine

Player owned cities - run and managed by Guilds that can be attacked for rps

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Seige Towers!

Better crafting system

More chance to make 99's/mp's for LGM crafters

More interesting crafting system

Better alchemy recipies for higher tier regens such as the level 40 friggs, as at the moment it is ridiculous to farm the items you need for 1 pot

Implement Collision detection for rvr(will never happen :<)

Make Convoker ML9 usable in PVE only

Revert to OF RA's (will never happen)

Relic Guard level's to scale according to server population (lower the population, higher the level of the guards) or make them relative to population ratio i.e higher the realm population according to the other realms the lower the relic guard level e.g Albion 1k , Mid 500, Hib 400
Alb guards will be weaker than Mid ones
Hib guards will be stronger than Mid ones etc etc

*Fix* People killing the necro pet should get a % of rp's from the kill

E

Efour

A game where Mezzing isnt the most important factor in an encounter, a little more skill than a melle train assist. (upcoming tank patch plz?)

no more stupid classes like vamps and WLs

More "tradtional" classes - new weapons for them (savages reavers valewalkers were good still some almost balanced :( )

3x spec points, Evade 9 for hunters and Self STR/COn DEx/Qui +75 for free and 2000hp insta heal on a 1 sec timer.

then im happy.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Most of the expanions (or maybe all bar 1?) have basically been additions to PVE.

Daoc needs a PROPER rvr expansion. new stuff. Fighting on boats and on mounts. Stuff like that.

Venomis

Fledgling Freddie
From ToA daoc is screwed totaly up.. tooo much.. pve... should have done sth abit easuer and abit less.. ToA is to big for new players it will take few moths to get 50 and toad and get to know ppl and get a nice guild.. That is so damn hard to get any guilds couse most r now rvr only.. and do pve so fast as poss. and do pve for those who r in main rvr grp.. I would be very thankful if Mytch would do 1 server where is only SI.. so no vamps warlocks ect etc... I think then most of oldplayers would enjoy plaing there and the server would be very populaited.. I think Mytch could give a try... It wont take a piece out of them... Just give a try... Thats all i have to say...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is being made easier.

In 1.81 I'm guessing you could do everything you needed in 1-2 weeks of ToA.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Venomis said:

Are...you sure...your message...got across...? ... maybe.. you need ... to type .... less...friggin'...dots! Make complete sentences for goodness sake! :p

E

Eruptix

Benedictine said:
I can agree with that

I'd really LOVE To see DAoC Evolution server like they once talked about in a poll,a complete rvr and maybe even combat system overhaul to make it all interesting again..

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Lorfo said:
1. Fix so no instantdebuffs interrupts (including bd debuff and chanter dps
debuff)

it's already fixed in 1.74 patch (afaik). Sry if some1 already wrote in but I didn't read the whole thread. Reaver's aoe debuff got changed near that patch too :(

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
The chanter insta combat speed debuff interrupting was fixed some patches ago, I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't interrupt anymore...not sure about the bd one. The other ones (like the theurgist one) didn't interrupt at all from the beginning.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Thegreatest said:
The chanter insta combat speed debuff interrupting was fixed some patches ago, I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't interrupt anymore...not sure about the bd one. The other ones (like the theurgist one) didn't interrupt at all from the beginning.

Marchus said:
it's already fixed in 1.74 patch (afaik). Sry if some1 already wrote in but I didn't read the whole thread. Reaver's aoe debuff got changed near that patch too :(
They ain't fixed.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
I posted it originally as a joke, but on reflection i kinda like the idea that casters have an xx% chance of mis-casting if stunned during the cast, or straight after recovering from a stun.

If someone comes up to your wizard and, just as an example, charges you down and slams you, but you've already started to cast a bolt/root or whatever - the incantation was incomplete, so the spell is cast but maybe weaker? maybe stronger? maybe a completely random spell line equivalent is cast? Maybe just any random spell from that empires spell list...

would add a little flavour to it and maybe stop caster heavy encouters becoming a bomb fest.

I don't see how being stunned stops you casting completely, equally why it stops you moving entirely - i've been stunned before, once by a soundwave, once by a punch that burst my eardrum - i did anything but stand still!!! I stumbled around trying to find the nearest thing to fall against, but i didn't just stand there...

There are too many CC type spells in the game now, so to counter we have stuff like determination and purge, but i think the spells need twinking to give more of a range. To have mesmerise and roots is fair enough, but a stun should, maybe, halve your movement, you can enter combat but can't use styles, target lost every few seconds perhaps...

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
Most of the expanions (or maybe all bar 1?) have basically been additions to PVE.

Daoc needs a PROPER rvr expansion. new stuff. Fighting on boats and on mounts. Stuff like that.
You can't put RvR content in as an expansion - unless it's a free one like NF - otherwise people who don't have it can't RvR.

Potato Junkie

Fledgling Freddie
Make more effects visible (make it optional so you can choose in settings etc, so people with low resolution can adapt it to their resolution. It really sucks when you get negative effects that you cant see because you have to many buffs.

3. Some "interrupt" icon which changes colour when you are able to cast spells(not interrupted) etc, sux when you get interrupted by some invisible stuff~.

I've possibly drunk too much (in which case, apologies, don't flame my poor drunken bum) but this looks like CoV... except you don't get an 'interrupt icon', it just plain tells you you're stunned or sleepin or whatever... so you see when it hits, you see the second it wears off, and can do something about it :) and what I REALLY like /would like to see in DAoC.. or Warhammer, let's look to the future ;) is.........

global chat handle... simple idea, and if yr added to friends, can see/ chat to whatever char your friend is playing, on whatever server. I know it sounds crap, but makes life a lot easier for /friends and /ignore :)

oh, and always better/ more interesting crafting, tbh. You'd be hard pressed to make it worse/ more boring.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Efour said:
A game where Mezzing isnt the most important factor in an encounter, a little more skill than a melle train assist. (upcoming tank patch plz?)
Please. I stopped reading here. If mezzing is the most important factor in your RvR encounters, it is time to revise your tactics.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Please. I stopped reading here. If mezzing is the most important factor in your RvR encounters, it is time to revise your tactics.

Hum.

It certainly causes problems when a high rr group plays a low rr group since mezz vs. low rr group can mean destruction whilst vs. high rr group it means alot less.

But yes, in total, I do agree and besides, so many ways to stop mezz now a days.

E

Efour

Belomar said:

are savage conclave 1337 pvpers now ? its been 3 years since i played prydwen

yes well as a hunter rr2 my shit purge if i even had it wouldnt really save me for more than 2 seconds.

If mezzing wasnt so important why would they give so many RAs to counter it and soon a load more of stuff to heavy tanks.

sure its great to be practically imune to it at later RR but to anyone new its a win or lose situation.

Still all that 8vs8 rvr boils down to is whos timers are up whos are down whos higher RR then 10% experiance and skill and /assist ragnarok. whilst everyne runs in a circle with 4 people stuck on them, some you win, some you lose some another 10fgs steam in too. I think i just summed up RVR on Prydwen circa 2002-2003 .

im pretty sure if u trained 8 monkies to press the keys in the right order you would win 50% of the time.

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to see Another PROPER RvR dungeon..Not the PoC crap (Give back Dodens)...

Perhaps some RvR battlegrounds the are RR based rather than lvl based...

Relics are all good and great for realm bonous but perhaps a RvR dungeon that has a RICH boss mob...Perhaps drops 10-20plat + gives a load of rps. boss could be be based right in center and great if u kill him but beware other realm groups...my 2 pennies worth anyway.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
BD debuff needs to be fixed, as no other debuffs interupt(instas)

Make melee arch a bit bigger, as it is now server lag strafing makes melee very hard

Remove ml 9 pets outside pve hell remove em in pve as well, it tanks better then a fg of S/S tanks and thats just plain silly.

Give MoC a 15 min timer

give a bigger rp boost for low rrs killing high rrs

make pally end chant 1,5 or 2 k range

Make bard songs uninteruptable or effected by dex when casted

Make bain taunt on a recast timer

rework a few rr 5s as warrior chanter bard BD, many are useless while others are i wins

Lower DW vs shield evade bonuses, as u get 50% bonus with 1 DW/CD spec

Remove banelord from all casters

Make it easier for new players to get into the game, still the best mmopg imo, still not many new players

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Make RvR arena's orsmt;

- Only FG's
- only solo players (no grp's)
- PvP arena (where you are truly allone, can kill realmmates too and disable dual logging here so you can rp farm yourself).

Make Light DAoC Client.. Special to run on old PC's= No graphic crap, classic engine tbh ;)

New classes, but NORMAL powers plz! Adding more warlocks, bonedancers, vampiir's and whatever more crap doesn't really help.

PvE:
Either make solo more doable, or force into groups. But those should be around then!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
:sex:
Efour said:
are savage conclave 1337 pvpers now ? its been 3 years since i played prydwen
You hardly need to be a "1337 pvper" to know that mezz is no longer the "most important factor" in an RvR encounter, and besides, I find any form of leet attitude annoying at best.
Efour said:
If mezzing wasnt so important why would they give so many RAs to counter it and soon a load more of stuff to heavy tanks.
Eh, yes? They have added a lot of counters to mezz, that's exactly why I am saying it is no longer the most important factor in an FG vs FG fight. Low-RR or not, these days there are lots of counters to mezz (unlike in the old days), including mezz bladeturn (CB and GoLM charge), cheap Purge, cheap Determination, and more or less ready availability of demezzing classes.
Efour said:
Still all that 8vs8 rvr boils down to is whos timers are up whos are down whos higher RR then 10% experiance and skill and /assist ragnarok. whilst everyne runs in a circle with 4 people stuck on them, some you win, some you lose some another 10fgs steam in too. I think i just summed up RVR on Prydwen circa 2002-2003 .

im pretty sure if u trained 8 monkies to press the keys in the right order you would win 50% of the time.
I can tell you have never really run in a "proper" RvR group, these are the people who usually insist that there is no "skill" in DAoC or in FG combat. Let me tell you that there are thousands of parameters involved in an FG fight, including aspects of teamplay, positioning, coordination, etc. I am afraid your eight trained monkeys will find themselves stripped of their bananas if they go up against a decent FG.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Tualatin said:
Make RvR arena's orsmt;
Make Light DAoC Client.. Special to run on old PC's= No graphic crap, classic engine tbh ;)

YES!!!! i agree 100 percent on that one!

D

Doom

Belomar said:
:sex: You hardly need to be a "1337 pvper" to know that mezz is no longer the "most important factor" in an RvR encounter, and besides, I find any form of leet attitude annoying at best.Eh, yes? They have added a lot of counters to mezz, that's exactly why I am saying it is no longer the most important factor in an FG vs FG fight. Low-RR or not, these days there are lots of counters to mezz (unlike in the old days), including mezz bladeturn (CB and GoLM charge), cheap Purge, cheap Determination, and more or less ready availability of demezzing classes.I can tell you have never really run in a "proper" RvR group, these are the people who usually insist that there is no "skill" in DAoC or in FG combat. Let me tell you that there are thousands of parameters involved in an FG fight, including aspects of teamplay, positioning, coordination, etc. I am afraid your eight trained monkeys will find themselves stripped of their bananas if they go up against a decent FG.

this thread was about finding new stuff for daoc, not looking down on other peoples oppinions. get down from your high horses mr rep-mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom