Stun on casters yet again :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well it's obvious you don't have much rvr experience at level 50, because clerics do use their stun and buffshears a lot. it's more than just healing

the thing with pet stun is that it isn't affected by determination and doesn't give immunity. also it can proc from big range, even if you root the pet it still procs when you're far away from it

agreed the stuns are very different, but equally annoying / powerful if used in the right situation

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Blitzing said:
okay just tell me one good think a RM have to keep enemys away other than normal nukes, that all other casters dont have in some other form too. like the stun or the SM mezz?? :D cause even though i tried debuffing them and yelling to them that its a mezz doesnt really help :D

Doesnt RM get nearsight ? Rox vs casters :<

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:
clerics still have castable stun, they don't need to spec smite to get it or anything. i take it you've never duelled an air theurg or cabba with stunning pets, trust me when a full duration moc is negated because of chain-stun you aren't happy

takes about 20s setup to get a permastun ;) but yes they are annoying.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:
the moment you get debuffed you have ~2 secs to yell for healers to save you, not our fault you don't run with a friar for resists or stand idle while being debuffed/stunned

^ and smite isntr supposed to do as much damage as specnukes, is it? :p

it's a spec nuke! I just have no acuity buffs :(

oh and ****ing wardens with their 24% spirit resist

Zvixx said:
Sounds to me you were either a gimped caster that was slower then your enemy or a tank w/o determination, hib stun is crap in so many ways, but allso good ive heard several times from some of the best casters in hib that they would rather have root insted coz the duration of it on determation classes was abit longer so they could get distance, and then on the other side it is allso very good

You'd trade it back the moment you meet an enemy caster, root is so useful on them :p

det tanks are so 6 months ago :( ToA'd nukers are the scary ones today.

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Doesnt RM get nearsight ? Rox vs casters :<
isnt it something all casters get?? not sure what classes from other realms get it. but still, nearsight<<<<<<<<<<<stun any day :D it doesnt really help much against a tank heading your way :D maybe if it shorten their line of sight :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Blitzing said:
okay just tell me one good think a RM have to keep enemys away other than normal nukes, that all other casters dont have in some other form too. like the stun or the SM mezz?? :D cause even though i tried debuffing them and yelling to them that its a mezz doesnt really help :D

well you have root, which is the main cc spell for a lot of mages, if you want CC don't roll a rm :p

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well you have root, which is the main cc spell for a lot of mages, if you want CC don't roll a rm :p
nah i would just really like to have a cc that would make the enemy stop hitting me or so they cant still stun or mezz me when i try to run to a safe distance and nuke.

twuth

Fledgling Freddie
Blitzing said:
isnt it something all casters get?? not sure what classes from other realms get it. but still, nearsight<<<<<<<<<<<stun any day :D it doesnt really help much against a tank heading your way :D

Stun doesnt do much on det tanks anyway - stops em for 2-3sec \o/ and nearsight >>>>>>>>>> healers and casters, its a very powerful spell, cabalists, rm's and elds get it I believe.

and /hug vodkafairy :p

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
average
N Realm AVG LW RP Population Graph
1 Midgard 4,964 5,518
2 Hibernia 4,745 4,262
3 Albion 3,352 7,164.

If you are having a laugh, ok VF. But if after 3 years of playing, you are still arguing that the realms are balanced then lol. And also lol at comparing base-line single target stun to a random pet proc.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Blitzing said:
isnt it something all casters get?? not sure what classes from other realms get it. but still, nearsight<<<<<<<<<<<stun any day :D it doesnt really help much against a tank heading your way :D maybe if it shorten their line of sight :D

err, now you're just beginning to talk utter bullshit. stunning tanks is completely useless and nearsight can't even be compared to CC.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nearsight is as good CC on casters as root is on tanks...

hence the immunity timer

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
If you are having a laugh, ok VF. But if after 3 years of playing, you are still arguing that the realms are balanced then lol. And also lol at comparing base-line single target stun to a random pet proc.

err, i never said anything about overall realm balance. i also said the stuns are really different, but equally powerful in the right situation.

and yes im having a laugh aswell, someone come play with us in emain :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:
err, i never said anything about overall realm balance. i also said the stuns are really different, but equally powerful in the right situation.

and yes im having a laugh aswell, someone come play with us in emain :(

just the situation whre having baseline casted stun is powerful is far more common (in current RvR) than the situation where the pet stun is powerful ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
nearsight is as good CC on casters as root is on tanks...

hence the immunity timer

well its easily cured and can still run in or out of range whatever is best at that time

twuth

Fledgling Freddie
you were comparing different stuns classes get, and yes even a pet proc is counted in that, can only imagine the whine if chanter pets had non immunity stuns thats an idea.. :flame:

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
err, now you're just beginning to talk utter bullshit. stunning tanks is completely useless and nearsight can't even be compared to CC.
im not comparring it, he just said that we get the nearsight, dont know if he thought it would make up for it, i would still rather have hip stun than nearsight, and you still have to spec to get it. and its not that effective if you dont have it high enough, cause many times the mages come close and you have to have high lvl nearsight to effect them then. where hip nukes you get any way you spec. i know its not cc. he just said it, but actually when i read it now, it doesnt make much sence, cause i asked for what RM had that was good for keeping enemys at bay, and actually nearsight forces the enemy closer :D

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
just the situation whre having baseline casted stun is powerful is far more common (in current RvR) than the situation where the pet stun is powerful ;)

i disagree, there's just very few air theurgs with decent equip, in decent groups, that know how to play. infact i only know lire, but rvr'ing against him isn't easy.. hard to spot a croco, and once i have 2-3 stun pets on me i can forget about doing anything that isn't insta until they are dead

sure, the pets die easy, but they're casted easy aswell

stun isn't really useful for me in fg vs fg fights, because the people you need it for (mages, stealtheradds) die really easy anyways. i would like a full duration stun against tanks, but hey that doesn't work ;)

and they get to grapple freely with stun immunity, which renders it even more useless

i really think pet stuns affect fg vs fg combat more than castable stun by hibs, at least alb vs hib

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
twuth said:
you were comparing different stuns classes get, and yes even a pet proc is counted in that, can only imagine the whine if chanter pets had non immunity stuns thats an idea.. :flame:

well would be better than there current stun, only the pets would have to get close to stun, it shoulden be castable like the mage pet they get is ranged, then it shoulden be able to cast it at them from long range, cause that might be just a tad to overpowerd :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I guess it depends what RR you're fighting against...

Against low RR folks without purge (or when the group only has one or two purging) it's lethal, but I can see that there's more counters to it as you get up in RRs than there are counters to the pets.

hexa

Fledgling Freddie
healer AE stun insta stun = though its support so i say its balanced
cleric got baselinestun and their smites doesnt make that much dmg and they are support = yet again a balanced stun
but hib casters = 9 sec stun not a support char and they are making freakin 500+ nukes at capped speed how the hell can u say thats balanced VF i say put the stun on bard or druid so u have to atleast assist and be a good teamplayer to use it as we in the other realms does
hib caster = easy mode , one button win vs other casters yey!. and NF = casters. Just got to say congrats to all the new rr10 or whatever that u will get in NF :m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
one thing though: hib stun wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if they didn't have all the power relics....

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
in fg vs fg fights (if the enemy group is any good at all) there is really not time to cast stun. it might be good in solo vs solo caster fights, but against tanks it's quite useless as det makes it last only few secs.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Hawkwind said:
Sorry, did i state anything about Cleric stun being part of smite, no! I was trying to point out that they (Clerics) don't use their stun in general combat. Too busy healing. The only ones that might use it in general combat would be smite clerics, very rare these days.

Guess next time i'll have to write a full and detailed explanation. Sorry you did not get what I was trying to get across. Did not think it was too greater leap of imagination to understand the meaning.:(

As for caba pet (Amber) chain stunning, have seem a couple of posts on it. Most Caba's think its happening very rare, if at all. Have a Caba alt, never had it happen in BG's. Although, only 47 now and not done any full RvR with it. Would love to see some pics if anyone has some. I wish Caba Sic would jump in front and take the Arrow/bolt(?)/PA like SM's.
Lol, I use my castable stun on my cleric a lot, I wait for the Moccing luri and stun him its really quite funny to see...

I can feel the hatred, I can imagine the conversation now....
Luri 1 " OMG I'm gonna bomb those ghey assed albs, heal me..."
Cleric 1 " Ummm pweetty effects, oh my that luri has MOc'd " <stun>
Luri 1 "FFS some over powered fucking alb just stunned me"

Screw the fights, nail the moccers it should be the new FOTM technique..

Moc....STUN....debufff....Nuke nuke.....dead luri.

As far as the Amber pet stunning, it stuns quite a bit and yes it is over powered, its also being nerfed...

I cant be arsed with the Debuff cabi/sorc groups atm, I still love being full matter, pink heads for the win...

Jess

Loyal Freddie
I sure love it when I have to pop my 24 points (all-in-all) MoC in a fg fight and then it gets negated by the baseline stun from the lurikeen im hitting on :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
well it's obvious you don't have much rvr experience at level 50, because clerics do use their stun and buffshears a lot. it's more than just healing
Never played a Cleric, tried and didn't like it :). Agreed Clerics do more than just heal. But not in the thick of battle. Again you missed the point. Would love a cleric's comments? But from what I've seen in RvR (I do solo in emain quite a bit when I have free time) at start of battle clerics are either putting up fonts or healing. Never seen one spamming stun before, CC's usually left to the Sorc/mincer. They might let one off occasionally if some enemy has peeled off and starts whacking them.

As for the slur, I don't really care what you think. I do RvR a bit with Inf right now. Also spending quite a bit of time lvl'ing Caby and Scout for NF. Have been playing the game for over 3 years so not the total noob you were implying. Although, not elite and obviously up to your impressively high standards:worthy: I do still play the game a few hours a week and have fun. You probably think thats lame, not being 24/7 but I have a great job that pays damn well and a family.

I'm truly sorry you did not understand what I was trying to state. Maybe I'll draw pictures next time! ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Tay said:
Lol, I use my castable stun on my cleric a lot, I wait for the Moccing luri and stun him its really quite funny to see...
LoL, soz I did not see your post until after I posted last. In between e-mails at work :)

Q. Do you use stun alot in FG Vs FG or leave it to the CC's to do their job? Can understand the occasional stun. I guess stunning a PBAOE would be kinda funny :)

Would love to play on a server with no CC in RvR. Never have liked Mezz/Stun. Can't see the point of a spell that stops you playing the game.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
main problem with cleric stun is you can't quickcast it in a jam.... usually being interrupted too much and no QC on the cleric (or healer)

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Yes pls, remove stun baseline from enchanter!!! but giv me a root 1 min duration :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom