Stun on casters yet again :(

Eredrin said:
Druids are our main healers so druids never cast root just heal :eek:

aye but the point is the caster who is almost 100% in a hib grp these days HAS stun so the druid dont need to root as much..

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
erm most nature druids cast root as an interupt tool, also animists only form of crowd control is a rooter bomber.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Hibernia is the caster realm and we have 2 power relics. stop your fucking whining and deal with it.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
rivan said:
Root isn't comparable to Stun at all.

Rooted = cannot move, can cast spells, can cast instas, can qc
Stunned = cannot move, cannot cast, cannot use instas, cannot qc

Stun is THE most powerful ability in the game, maybe barring MLs. To be able to render someone helpless while you unload damage on them. Stun should be a tool for support classes to use to assist the damage dealers.

If you're going to give a spec nuker a stun, you'd logically make it a spec line ability (even after the dumbass decision to put it on a nuker in the first place).

Further more, AOE stun should not exist in any way shape or form, Single target is more than enough, and should be limited to support classes.

Stun, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke with ToA castimes/damage and I am dead. I could have done nothing at all about that. Nothing. I hardly have time to register I'm stunned before I'm dead. It is overpowered, and I think it's obvious to most realms that it is.

Will it be changed? No. Is it I win? Vs some classes... pretty close to it.

You wrote it yourself, You dont need to stun becouse you still going to die before you react.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
when was last time u got stunned by a mincer n got dealt 1.5k+ dmge within the space of 9seconds?

DD DD mezz DD DD stun amy slash amy slash zephyr amy amy DD amy

close enuff?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:
All in all mate, play it. and then you will know.

played sorc - sm - chanter. ok not to RR-billions, but the debuff-stun-some DD-s (on alb non-determ classes this means full duration usually) while the enemy caster cant do shit or stun him in middle of QC, well i would leave teh rooting to druids and shammies instead, cuz that stun is a liddul bit much and great against support/casters.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
The grass is allways greener on the other side

Anyway on rm ye i would love stun, but tbh i would really miss my root, root + ns is like a long dur stun :)

On my sm stun would be overpowered, give! :p

Its nice but i would not say its overpowered but it sure hurts if you dont have good healers with you and :)

And regarding pet chain stunning, caba/sm pets stun gives immunity timer in a comming patch, so when we get that only chain stunning will be therug pets

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Ralgedi Smurf said:
And regarding pet chain stunning, caba/sm pets stun gives immunity timer in a comming patch, so when we get that only chain stunning will be therug pets

they removed the imm timer from it in the next patch.

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
this post does make sense.
the stuff we've been talking about is class difference which leads to a realm difference. hib's magicians have been overpowered with their utility since long time ago now with toa 25% resist piercing, eldritch,chanter,ment do pretty big dmg with singe specc DD or debuff base DD. As i always tell ppl the difference from realms exists, and that makes this game more realistic. If all 3 realms r the same, why devide to 3 realms then. But that's because ppl i play with are good. For a random albion group, they die like f00k vs hibs caster, guess i don't have to explain that. I don't see a single f00king hibs player successfully rerolled an albion caster. But i see albion player rerolled after ToA and now improving in hibs realm. the Realm unbalance makes ppl to jump realm, i can't blame them for doing that. but that shows for most ppl to start with, albion is definitely not a easy realm. And most reason r the realm unbalance caused by stuff like hibs caster overpowerage, mids suppport overpowerage with/without relic. When albion players get high RR/good setup/better support from each other, we do have a chance to fight with other realm.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Lireihuan said:
When albion players get high RR/good setup/better support from each other, we do have a chance to fight with other realm.

i would say it comes down to the average rvsr grp too, in mid hib even random grps are somewhat balanced (CC-speed-dmg-healing-resists) while albs lack this usually.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
erm, i don't know why you guys believe druids and clerics only heal. they have the power to prevent damage in the first place with stun (clerics), root (druids) and buffshears (both)

also there's a huge misunderstanding about nature druids, they have a high level ae root which drains mana like a nutter if used for interrupt.. it's better to time it well so the root itself actually has purpose other than interrupt only.

the nurture druid has a low lvl root with can be spammed into eternity, which a half decent druid will use all the time healing is not absolutely needed. either that, or buffshear.

the interrupt from your support is the key to winning a fight (ae mezz, ae disease, ae root, ae dd in case cleric has it, buffshears)... you just don't give the oponent the chance to do anything. sure they can quickcast some stuff, or moc, but that doesn't often win the entire fight

and lol at saying a druid doesn't have to root because mages have single target stun.. that actually made me laugh irl, thanks ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
sm's already have 2 different types of mez, and runie have nice stuff in dark/rc already, stop whining
Id trade my mez for stun ;)

90% people run with mez feedback from cb not stun feedback, so it takes 2 mezes at least to cc something. With a shitty durations.
Saying that baseline stun also has a shit duration but most people dont run round with stun feedback on :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Id trade my mez for stun ;)

90% people run with mez feedback from cb not stun feedback, so it takes 2 mezes at least to cc something. With a shitty durations.
Saying that baseline stun also has a shit duration but most people dont run round with stun feedback on :)

shouldn't be too hard to cast another mezz with a pet that intercepts 70% of all hits roughly :p

as i said earlier though, if you need to quickcast a stun you will only be able to get 2 nukes off, maybe 3. if you mezz you get to full distance which gives you a lot more time

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
i would never swap stun for root - ofc there are situations where root is better than stun but in the majority of cases stun is better

in NF stun will be even more powerful: many tanks wont have det (or at least not high) and stun in keep fights is absolutely deadly (avalonian peeks over the keep wall -> stun -> dd (repeat till dead))

Is it overpowered? Imo no, but it's an advantage over the other 2 realms. (Just like there are advantages that albs and mids have over hib)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
i would never swap stun for root - ofc there are situations where root is better than stun but in the majority of cases stun is better

in NF stun will be even more powerful: many tanks wont have det (or at least not high) and stun in keep fights is absolutely deadly (avalonian peeks over the keep wall -> stun -> dd (repeat till dead))

Is it overpowered? Imo no, but it's an advantage over the other 2 realms. (Just like there are advantages that albs and mids have over hib)

heh.. just remove baseline stun and put it in speccline instead like all other casters have, that way you have to choose "I win" or not.

Not overpowered? in your opinion no ofc but then again, what else to expect.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
find it kinda funny to read all hibs answer... i never use stun in FG fight cos i kill so fast anyways. And yet EVERY fight i get stunned by be it low or high rr hib casters... id give u root anyday of the week instead of stun. Heck id give u root and drop my own if thats the case just as long as Stun on casters is removed from this game. Atm it just feels like :wij: All know it its just hibs denying it

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
find it kinda funny to read all hibs answer... i never use stun in FG fight cos i kill so fast anyways. And yet EVERY fight i get stunned by be it low or high rr hib casters... id give u root anyday of the week instead of stun. Heck id give u root and drop my own if thats the case just as long as Stun on casters is removed from this game. Atm it just feels like :wij: All know it its just hibs denying it

not denying stun is powerful, but garb said it nicely.. it's a strong advantage where other realms have strong advantages too

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Hawkwind said:
LoL, soz I did not see your post until after I posted last. In between e-mails at work :)

Q. Do you use stun alot in FG Vs FG or leave it to the CC's to do their job? Can understand the occasional stun. I guess stunning a PBAOE would be kinda funny :)

Would love to play on a server with no CC in RvR. Never have liked Mezz/Stun. Can't see the point of a spell that stops you playing the game.
I was actually taking the piss tbh :)

I generally dont get much of a chance to stun unless I've managed to hide somewhere and my group is either dead or elsewhere.

The stun trick will work well and is v funny. The castable stun on the cleric is great, I can stun and erm throw flowers at the people I have stunned. Its pretty usless unless its a very small combat situation and heals arnt required.

Buff shears are good when you have a chance to use them, stuns can be good when you have a chance to use them, which, unfortunatly is quite rare.

Then again, I dont RVR 100% of the time so maybe the 100% RVR crowd might think differantly.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Eluvia said:
--- edited --

I think the reason people are so upset about the 9 sec stun is the fact that ur so helpless during the duration rather than the effects, what u said about the stun pb pb pb is no diferent to qc a root, running back then nuking you to death, yet u dont class root as overpowered.

All in all mate, play it. and then you will know.
I would prefer to be rooted for 45 secs than stunned for 7-8secs any day.

I dont ever recall having my stun broken.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Zvixx said:
from some of the best casters in hib that they would rather have root insted coz the duration of it on determation classes was abit longer so they could get distance, and then on the other side it is allso very good :worthy:

They were likely drugged/bribed.

Or both

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
just the situation whre having baseline casted stun is powerful is far more common (in current RvR) than the situation where the pet stun is powerful ;)

I agree with flim here, saying "they are equally powerful in the right situation" is a weak point to argue with.

To simply reply on it, the hib baseline stun has more "right situations" than any other caster related stun :p

fiontan

Fledgling Freddie
Never seen a thread with so many braindead posts about various issues :eek6:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
I agree with flim here, saying "they are equally powerful in the right situation" is a weak point to argue with.

To simply reply on it, the hib baseline stun has more "right situations" than any other caster related stun :p

well ill say it again an alb group with decent air theurg makes as much if not more difference with his stunpets as hib mages with baseline stun ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
shouldn't be too hard to cast another mezz with a pet that intercepts 70% of all hits roughly

as i said earlier though, if you need to quickcast a stun you will only be able to get 2 nukes off, maybe 3. if you mezz you get to full distance which gives you a lot more time
I was refering to solo rather than grp.
Unbuffed pet doesnt intercept 70% hits, post patch i cant run 2 accs like many so am generally unbuffed solo.

2 nukes are enuff to keep a caster with moc down interupted, they can qcast, but so can u.

Anyhow it doesnt bother me as i will adapt to each circumstance, its just rather silly having it without speccing in it (unlike every other caster for their respective cc bar root). I would rather a you have the specline for a descent stun than a baseline

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom