Stuff we want on pubbies now its going P2P

T

Tom

Originally posted by Grom
If you're trying to attract people prepared to spend money on a subscription, you need to attract the more serious players.

If I'm paying money for a service, I expect my feedback on that service to be valued. Fortunately, some of the comments in this forum are noted, and changes are made every so often. I certainly won't re-subscribe if only popular maps are provided.

Oh and tundra/estate/backalley is a server that I will be playing LOTS.

E

ECA

I will also be wh0ring number 12 again.
Backalley isnt the greatest of maps but Its much better than piranesi, although I'm a bit sad to see Chateau go, cuz its a great map to play, although if either side has a few good players their side will just 0wn - eg. me and leggie playing as CT's - we rack up 40+ kills on it :p
If we're both on T's its usually not quite as high, but thats cuz of the routes available and the lack of masses of CT's to run into.

L

Lester

Originally posted by ECA

As for lester, 3 of your requests are going in CS:CZ as dumb as it may sound.

the LAW 80 single shot anti tank rocket.

The machete - its almost a sword.

the 4x armour - bloody riot shield - altho you can only use a pistol but ffs - a team of CT's with Riot shields and deagles - pwnage.

Hahaha I've only been posting on here a cuppla weeks and already my orders are being obeyed - incredible.

Now how legendarios prostitutes, come on it's only fair?

T

Trem

Originally posted by mraargh
I for one miss Skyler.

Tremor{KEA} - You are trying to suggest that BW allows admins to be clothed when joining a server. We do not. We admins have to have something to do while dead. Urm..

As to CB official maps - OMG YES PLEASE

And remove Vegas from the BWCSL maplist, dear o dear please remove it.

:D

Where you been argh?

R

RogueOne

And remove Vegas from the BWCSL maplist, dear o dear please remove it.

Check the league website and you'll find this has happened. Basically, the changes from last season are: vegas swapped for dust, chateau swapped for piranesi, order of the maps juggled around a bit.

the LAW 80 single shot anti tank rocket.

Which is not, thank god, going to be available in the multiplayer side of CS:CZ, if the latest info is to be believed. Yes... singleplayer only.

S

Skyler

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]

If I'm paying money for a service, I expect my feedback on that service to be valued. Fortunately, some of the comments in this forum are noted, and changes are made every so often. I certainly won't re-subscribe if only popular maps are provided.

Oh and tundra/estate/backalley is a server that I will be playing LOTS.

I agree Tom, as I've been saying, you need to create a balance of servers, especially if there are only 12 BWCS servers, every single one has to be as efficient as it possibly can be with playerloads, which means a perfect balance of map cycles, to cope with everyones demands. Just have to liaise with the community as a whole and get the best picture of whats needed then add it, thats what I was gradually trying to do :)

W

Will

Just to drag back the discussion a little, HLGuard is still needed on CS servers, for it's wallhack blocking. A similar block is scheduled to be included with an up and coming VAC update, but isn't even in the test module currently running, so be prepared for a little delay.

T

throdgrain

..................................................................................................

/Fill in humerous response on line above please :)

W

Will

It leaves on sound detection, footsteps and gunfire, and there is a brief delay. But I'd rather have some blocking than no blocking.

Maybe I'm biased, since I've never encountered the missing bullets effect.

W

Will

Ooo, interesting, do hurry, the suspense is killing me...;)

C

Ch3tan

VAC and HLgaurd both need to be on and stay on, VAC is looking better with every version, and they both do a good job.

G

Grom

Originally posted by Ch3tan
VAC and HLgaurd both need to be on and stay on, VAC is looking better with every version, and they both do a good job.

Cya then.

S

S-Gray

Your not gonna Pay just because Barrysworld are leaving HLGuard / VAC on?

Thats stupid, unless you have something to hide

G

Grom

I've already paid, genius. I'll just get my CS somewhere where the people know how to run servers. Maybe BW will better support another game in the future.

And for your subtly veiled accusation, you may have this picture of a giant rabbit.

bigrabbit.jpg

HELLO nath!!!!

S

S-Gray

I think BW have done a fine job, in the past, present and probable future.

Nice ickle picture of a Wabbit.. altho i dunno what it has to do with Barrysworld ?

C

Ch3tan

Please explain, in detail, why VAC and HLG are so bad?

If its server performance, then going to subs should hopefully signal some new quit, or at least more of a commitment to improve performance.

HLg isnt doing mcuh to the servers anyway, the pings were still as bad when CSg was taken off for a while.

T

Tom

I hope the subs fix the lag problems on bw12, cos with 20 people on it.....

S

Skyler

The subs should allow BW to do something about the lag on all of the CS servers...

G

Grom

Okay sorry, my arguments haven't really been very rational or clear, and I apologise for that. After all I want BW to get better too.

VAC and HLGuard (and adminmod) all increase the server CPU usage. It's not so much actual latency that gets added to the server, although things can generally rise beyond where they should be if the CPU usage is tight. What you tend to get is a slower 'feel' to the game. Gun recoil subsides more slowly, the menus seem sluggish, it takes a long time to buy stuff. Sometimes quick grenade throws do not work - by this I mean on normal server you can hold a grenade ready, let go of the button to throw then immediately switch to your gun. On HLG servers I often can't do this!

In addition to this sluggishness you get poor shot registry and other funky magic. Players will appear suddenly when you move into a new leafnode as the wallhack blocking kicks in. Full auto close range shots will fail to kill an enemy in busy situations although often long range shots will work as normal.

After subs kick in what I'd like to see is:

1) Less servers per box to bring general chugging down.
2) Pro servers changed to maxrounds 12 and restricted to CB mapcycle, or even the CB cup mapcycle.
3) No HLG or VAC on Pro servers, replace with more pro-biased admins.
4) Fun servers (like 32 player, custom maps, less-played maps etc) should definitely have HLG and VAC as they are more popular with the new players who are more likely to use cheats.

I hope you can make the BWCS servers good again, with the league as a showcase if you can have league-quality (without the extremely lame lag you get halfway through a map when another server on the box changes map) servers available and advertise the fact I'm sure you will get more subscriptions.

UKTerrorist are also looking for a new server host by the way...

L

legendario

Hmmmm....interesting wee point you made about HLguard Grom.

I don't know if its factually correct but I can certainly vouch for the anomalys you describe.

And I like the server idea. Its good to get a break from the official and popular maps from time to time.

I'm all for a custom map server and an unpopular map server (only now because I had such a good time on tundra last night which i never thought was possible).

Anyways I've never really been that unhappy with BWs servers apart from the obvious lag on some of them. I like all the players that play CS on these servers and thats one of the most important things to me. It can get very boring when you don't know anyone and none of them are talkin.

W

Will

You were doing pretty well until point 3. No VAC or HLGuard on the Pro Servers? No VAC servers, aka insecure servers, are cheat magnets nowadays, all the old hacks work on them. I hear a lot of people say HLGuard leads to missing bullets and blinking players, but I've never noticed the missing bullets, and I've found one place where the wallhack block stops you seeing someone in plain sight - standing on the edge of the roof in militia, ducked, to a player ducked on the small rock you can stand on, and only if they are near the back and not moving, and you yourself are very close to the edge of the roof to the right-hand side as you look out. I think its a case of "I died, it must be HLGuard's fault"

C

Ch3tan

Okay I can address most of those points.

The general sluggishness of the servers is down to CPU usage, and yes hlg and vac add to that, but not a great deal. Natrat and Bazerka have always said that CPU usage for CS servers is well within its limits, the problems that arise are because there are more than once server per box, and foten for different games.

Now this was a problem before Hlgaurd or CSgaurd, or any of the anti cheat programs, It was partly why Cs server numbers were reduced, and server ip's changed (moving of servers to different boxes). The idea being to put the more popular CS servers on boxes with less popular HL mods whcih have lower CPU usage.
This idea has failed to some extent because these other HLmods have grown in popularity and CPU usage. BW know this, and hopefully the servers will be reshuffled soon.

The only real solution is newer hardware though, and I can only hope that that is in the pipeline.

Grom if you want a home for more pro players then talk to ZapPeh, but personally I don't like divides of elite and newb.

I dont see HLgaurd lasting much longer anyway, purely because VAC gets better with every update. So when Valve sort it out there will probably only be VAC running, and we will hopefully have newer hardware. Until then the servers can still be reshuffled and hlg and VAC should IMO stay running to give the maximum amount of anti-cheat protection currently avaiable.

O

old.Mr Crapini

Definately, the more protection the merrier 4 me on all servers without exception. While playing I like to feel I'm not competing with any1 using a known cheat.

I like the new map cycle on the Tundra/Estate/Backalley server, I also liked the old Cheatea/Piranisi/Inferno cycle while it was there to.

edit: Oilrig rules!

S

S-Gray

I have noticed (All to often) the Players just "popping out of nowhere" while i am under a wall or somethin (Ie Inferno)

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
I have noticed (All to often) the Players just "popping out of nowhere" while i am under a wall or somethin (Ie Inferno)

Isnt that because of your wallhack? The walls is there - you just cant see it.l

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom