Stuff we want on pubbies now its going P2P

E

ECA

A CUSTOM maps server, 5xmap instead of 3x map rotations, a 14 player servers instead of 12 - to keep the small game dynamic which is so fun, but let a few more on.
hmm also
a de_ only and a cs_ only.
STATS!!!!!!!!!
and admin mod of some sort or something ( get Poker to code your own version - the guys a god )

S

Skyler

You have more chance of bif getting laid than of getting those server changes made :p

Also I think firstly you should be asking for reliable and hard working admins for your money, because atm they are all quite content to l33ch their free subs and not do any work ;)

S

S-Gray

lol ECA, thats what you want, may not be necessarily what i want ;)

DBs said before that he might be bringing back HLStats (or other Form of Stats Program)

E

ECA

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
lol ECA, thats what you want, may not be necessarily what i want ;)

DBs said before that he might be bringing back HLStats (or other Form of Stats Program)

Feel free to add your own suggestions :)

T

Trem

Every time an admin enters a game he/she MUST be naked.

C

Ch3tan

Thing is ECA I want nothing that you want. Custom maps maybe, but you will find that the maps I want and you want are greatly different. When changes are made to the servers they are made because it is thought the majority will enjoy them, not the vocal minority.

D

Deady

Naked admins is good.

Shame theres only about two female admins in the whole of BW though :(

E

Embattle

Oh dear.....me feels two of them might appear here and beat you ;)

T

throdgrain

Personally I like the idea of different maps. However i know a lot of people dont. Look at how popular the "restricted map" servers are. Frankly Im finding them a bit boring now. Yet still you get people saying "all vote xxxx its dust". Beats me :(

S

S-Gray

Ohh i thought he was talkin about HL Admins, yeah.. and theres a Q3 one too then i think

E

ECA

well ask us then because I'm fairly sure the majority would agree with 5 map rotations instead of 3 :)
probably the same with a custom map srv too, as for the cs_/de_ only I dunno, but it would make a nice change.

E

ECA

Possibly you could create a poll for subscribed users so we can decide ourselves instead of being told what we like or dont like.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by ECA
Possibly you could create a poll for subscribed users so we can decide ourselves instead of being told what we like or dont like.

True...but didn't you just do the same ;)

E

ECA

No - I said what I wanted.
the We was because i've raised all subjects in the past and got at least some support for all of em.

:m00:

I forgot to include add your own/discuss in my original post, but it was f00king late when I posted, and I was a bit pissed.

T

Tom

Originally posted by Skyler
you should be asking for reliable and hard working admins for your money, because atm they are all quite content to l33ch their free subs and not do any work ;)

The stats would be a good way of keeping track of admins doing their job (time logged on/time logged off server).

I hope there aren't 'targets' to meet on the number of bans made.

I think a voting system for map rotations etc is a good idea, I would like to see a couple more servers with normal rotations, and I would really like a custom maps server (with a downloadable map pack from the bw website).

C

Ch3tan

Its only because of his extensive elphantitis, he finds it hard to get clothes that actually fit.

K

KungFoo{KEA}

We wont get a server that everyone is happy with, but I think it's necessary for at least some improvements, if they are gonna start charging then there should be more servers with more varied map cycles. I agree with ECA on the CS map rotation.

G

Grom

Fix all bullet dropping - worse than BY at the moment.

Get rid of HL Guard.

Provide more physical server horespower so the whole box doesn't lag out when one server changes maps.

Provide some more sensible map rotations (Piranesi, Chateau, Inferno - wtf??)

Most is okay at the moment, but things really have gone downhill since the days when BW provided the fastest UK servers bar none. BW are behind the times at the moment, apart from the excellent BWCSL.

G

Grom

just had another play, jesus

why the fuck did I get a subscription :(

E

ECA

Grom - the public srvs aint been changed so non subscribers cant get in yet, the major test will occur when that happens.

G

Grom

I will be very interested in the possible improvement when the servers switch over :)

There wont be any need for HLguard when it goes subs only, hopefully, so that would be an extra load off the boxes.

S

S-Gray

Well it will be better anyway coz people wont pay and bugger off to Jolt. HLGuard i think should still be on there, because if Cheaters hear that theres no "Security" for the servers, they would gladly pay to play, because they may never be caught if they use it "intelligently"

G

Grom

I'll go play on BY if HLguard stays on frankly, it's a waste of time and screws up the server like you would not believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom