Stuff we want on pubbies now its going P2P

O

old.Jas

Lets have a 32 player server. Always fun if your up for a quick, fast fragging

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by Grom
I'll go play on BY if HLguard stays on frankly, it's a waste of time and screws up the server like you would not believe.

I would have said "Ive not seen it catch anyone so yeah.. i agree"

BUT

earlier tonight i seen it "<name> has been caught cheating" i was rahhh! it does work after all!! :D

and i dont think it screws up the server.. cheaters screw up the server

Z

ZaPpeh

HLguard catches lots, you just dont see as many as before because of the amount it has caught and banned in the past.
There is a massive ban list on BW servers a lot of this is due to the admins keeping the servers as clean as possible.
I doubt any other GSP has such a good record of banning as us

L

legendario

any wanna see piranesi removed from BW12?

please oh please cast this map to hell

Everyone that plays on 12 (nearly) hates it or dislikes it.

Its nice looking and plays ok but spoils an otherwise good server.

i.e. chateau and inferno roxor my boxor.

//edit

oh and throddy I know what you mean about dust. My god that map bores me to death now.

someone said to me the other day vote mapxx it's Torn. I nearly ripped my arse laughing too hard :D

S

Skyler

I was perhaps a little over the top with my admin comment above, I didnt mean "all" admins, I was mainly talking about CS admins, and not all of those either, but there are many of them (a majority) who arent pulling their weight, it always seems to be the same old few that help people and the rest just loiter :p

And as for this: BarrysWorld - Counter-Strike (12) - backalley, tundra, estate|12ms|213.221.174.99:27017

All I can say is lol.

Excellent choice of mapcycle!!!

I'm sure BY and Jolt will be cacking themselves at the prospect of such a KILLER mapcycle :p

S

Skyler

Originally posted by legendario
any wanna see piranesi removed from BW12?

please oh please cast this map to hell

Everyone that plays on 12 (nearly) hates it or dislikes it.

Its nice looking and plays ok but spoils an otherwise good server.

i.e. chateau and inferno roxor my boxor.

//edit

oh and throddy I know what you mean about dust. My god that map bores me to death now.

someone said to me the other day vote mapxx it's Torn. I nearly ripped my arse laughing too hard :D

Yes I am aware piranesi sucks, yet somehow its still made it onto the bw "popular" servers, despite it being a somewhat "unpopular" map :p

T

throdgrain

Piranesi was added when it came out to the popular map servers so that people could get to know it.
Whats the matter with you lot ? I want to play all the maps, not just the same few. Thats what I hate about Dust , the mindless repetition.
Its like in Q2 days, people always playing Q3DM1. Boring.

S

Skyler

Q3DM1 was in Quake2 ?!?!?!

OMG ;p

Oh and there are other servers which cater for all the maps you know, it is all about aquiring a balance. You need variation on servers, some servers require specific cycles to attract specific players, in my mapcycle changing efforts I had tried my best to implement that, but my changes were never properly added, only parts of them adapted by others, which made them nowhere near as good as they could of been ;)

Piranesi is not a popular map, it is relatively new but not popular, thus it shouldnt be on the popular map cycle servers. Imo when new maps are out a server should be used to play those new maps and those new maps alone, to cater for the people who want to see them/play them/learn them... ;)

Y

~YuckFou~

I'm with thrody, I'm playing more on the servers that have all the official maps. I do have favouites, dust isn't one of them, but like to play a variety. iirc there are over 20 official maps, some of which I'd almost forgotten about, backalley anyone?

Although custom maps have been talked about I can't see BW doing it. Vintage maps would be good though for a couple of reasons. Firstly we all have much better PC's and connections now so the old maps would play differently (better?). Secondly some of the newer players have never played them, and there were some really good ones, facility and tire spring to mind. What was that one in an old train station, on two levels, entrance was down the stairs/vent or through some sewage pipes? There were two sets of stairs next to each other, and a vending machine with a vent entrance behind it in the lobby at the bottom of the stairs.

L

legendario

Originally posted by throdgrain
Piranesi was added when it came out to the popular map servers so that people could get to know it.
Whats the matter with you lot ? I want to play all the maps, not just the same few.

I want to play all the maps too except for:

piranesi
havana
dust
storm
tundra
and oilrig

:p

S

S-Gray

Yeah.. Piranesi is just not popular, once it comes onto the server im playin on, i'll play it maybe 5mins or so before i leave. When it came out i wasnted to "Investigate" it, it looked good but then got boring.

Dust also is boring if you have a Strong CT Side who are very Defensive, you will get Camping Ts which is annoying :/

G

Grom

If you're trying to attract people prepared to spend money on a subscription, you need to attract the more serious players.

The more serious players DO want to effectively play q2dm1 all the time. These stupid mapcycles are fine for the more casual player, but will just get laughs from the serious crowd - who have already mostly deserted the BW pubs due to their shocking bullet dropping.

On dust only and 32 player servers there is a case for HLguard, but not on the pro maps servers. There's no substitute for careful visual adminning to catch cheats.

Clanbase official maps btw:

de_aztec
de_dust2
de_cbble
de_inferno
de_train
de_nuke
de_prodigy
de_dust

L

legendario

On dust only and 32 player servers there is a case for HLguard, but not on the pro maps servers. There's no substitute for careful visual adminning to catch cheats.

flaw.

you need admins for this :p

T

Trem

Originally posted by legendario

I want to play all the maps too except for:

piranesi
havana
dust
storm
tundra
and oilrig

:p

You take that back, you take back what you said about Oilrig and Tundra, those maps rule:eek:

L

legendario

OMG someone deleted my post about the admin flaw...

LMFAO :D

//edit

I LIE! omg i'm blind :(

L

Lester

I want to be able to buy 4 sets of armour, just me 4 sets of armour....err oh yeah, a mortar, a bazooka, some bigger boots (me feet are killin me) a bike, a sword, blah blah.......

L

legendario

flamethrower please.

oh and prostitutes...*cough* I meant milky ways :/

T

throdgrain

Yeah yeah Skyler I meant q2dm1, a slip of the keyboard there. It doesnt change the fact that q2dm1 is FUCKING BORING even if you're mad enough to still play q2.
That clanbase list is the list more or less on the bw pro maps servers. They're all good maps, but variety is the spice of life ffs.
/oh and yes, oil rig is great :)

S

S-Gray

How dare you put Oilrig in that List! :eek: I didnt like it at first, but its fuckin funny when you escape as ViP, makes you feel great when you beat 4 AWPers and 3 Strays :D

L

legendario

:(

*toddles off to try oilrig again*

And Throddy.....variety is only the spice of life if you dont have cornflakes and special k in the packet. :/

S

S-Gray

heh if im a Terrorist with Full HP, and i come up against the ViP alone (If i have a Pistol other than Glock) i will had a Pistol fight with him heh makes it more fun

L

legendario

your too kind

i'll "unzoomed awp" the bastard

S

S-Gray

Unzoomed AWPs a bitch..

Also i hate ViPs that take their time.. jeez the number of times the ViP it takes a Terrorist like 7seconds to get to the Vent / Overview

E

ECA

Oilrig and Tundra r0xx0r.
I think maybe you dont like as_ maps m8.
Go play as_forest! :) now that was a funny map.

As for lester, 3 of your requests are going in CS:CZ as dumb as it may sound.

the LAW 80 single shot anti tank rocket.

The machete - its almost a sword.

the 4x armour - bloody riot shield - altho you can only use a pistol but ffs - a team of CT's with Riot shields and deagles - pwnage.

Oh yer as_highrise - fecking l337 map.

Bloody good fun when you pistol 3 terrorits with your usp.
the 200 armour lets you take a full ak clip from an average player :)

Anyone else remember when the VIP only had a knife?
Was bloody funny :)
Did that come in b7? or b6.6?
It was around then anyway :)

S

Skyler

Originally posted by ~YuckFou~
I'm with thrody, I'm playing more on the servers that have all the official maps. I do have favouites, dust isn't one of them, but like to play a variety. iirc there are over 20 official maps, some of which I'd almost forgotten about, backalley anyone?

Although custom maps have been talked about I can't see BW doing it. Vintage maps would be good though for a couple of reasons. Firstly we all have much better PC's and connections now so the old maps would play differently (better?). Secondly some of the newer players have never played them, and there were some really good ones, facility and tire spring to mind. What was that one in an old train station, on two levels, entrance was down the stairs/vent or through some sewage pipes? There were two sets of stairs next to each other, and a vending machine with a vent entrance behind it in the lobby at the bottom of the stairs.

Youre reffering to station, which was indeed a class map...

As was bunker, tire, facility, fang (despite being a bit big) there was another but I cant remember it atm ;)

S

Skyler

If you're trying to attract people prepared to spend money on a subscription, you need to attract the more serious players.

The more serious players DO want to effectively play q2dm1 all the time. These stupid mapcycles are fine for the more casual player, but will just get laughs from the serious crowd - who have already mostly deserted the BW pubs due to their shocking bullet dropping.

Clanbase official maps btw:

de_aztec
de_dust2
de_cbble
de_inferno
de_train
de_nuke
de_prodigy
de_dust

Grom I've been saying exactly that for the past 6 months, but my change proposals kept getting adapted and refused.

The PRO maps and aztec nuke train servers you see today are a small part of my original plan for BWCS, they are of course not in the state I wanted them but as I said things kept getting changed.

Those servers have attracted more good players who are serious about CS to BW, but it hasnt done enough I fear...

I regret to say I'm now unable to help with mapcycles anymore as I was given the boot for an unsightly, silly reason... I hope things get better, but I dont think they will judging by the most recent change :/

I am worried about what BWCS is going to look like once the servers go behind that firewall, I cant see that many people playing there, aside from some average, loyal to BW players :/

I hope loads play there but I cant help doubting that...

Lets see what happens I guess... :/

I'm still gonna pay me £12 to BW regardless, because for the past 4 years worth of gaming I've had out of them they deserve at least that, regardless of what is happening now :/

Y

~YuckFou~

I was just thinking how well I remember the old CS maps, and wondering if I could describe buildings I was in 2/3 years ago as well, I doubt it.

Its my Dads birthday tomorrow. He's a grumpy git, likes cigars and vodka, both in moderation.
My brother (who also plays CS) and I where discussing how I should kick the door in, he should throw in a flashbang, and then Mrs Yuck throw in a bottle of vodka, and bro's G/F throw in a cigar. Then we leggit.

I'm also finding myself scanning the TV when watching war movies. There was a guy walking down an alleyway in a film the other night, I was looking for gun barrels sticking out from behind bins and crates.

I think i should format my games PC and install educational software.........fire in the hole!!.....oh excuse me ...........

M

mraargh

I for one miss Skyler.

Tremor{KEA} - You are trying to suggest that BW allows admins to be clothed when joining a server. We do not. We admins have to have something to do while dead. Urm..

As to CB official maps - OMG YES PLEASE

And remove Vegas from the BWCSL maplist, dear o dear please remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom