Struggling to Earn RPs

Nates

Fledgling Freddie
I've not much experience with daoc and earning RPs!! I have a 50 friar and 50 vamp on Ywain1 that I am actively trying to template. I have found a great temp for my vamp that relies only on dragonslayer armour (which i have a full set of) / crafted bits + bp items and artis. As this can be grinded out solo (buying the artis for bp) I need only do some RvR right? Well... Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong!! For a game that revolves around RvR there doesnt actually seem to be any PvP groups. I have spent the last 2 nights spamming /lfg and /reg for a group. I've tried sitting in the laby and at the frontier border keep without much luck.

1 group which made me 40k rps (which im told is reasonable for a few hours). Problem is, I really enjoyed it and I want more! There seems to be a really negative culture among seasoned players of not wanting to group.

The pop is supposed to be high but I just dont see it (perhaps Hib is just woefully under populated).

Any tips greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its dead without insta rvr, the problem is when there is insta rvr all the roleplayers burst out and stop it. Once they have stopped it they go back to being afk in a keep.

Nates

Fledgling Freddie
Is there ever a frontier zerg bg? A m8 used to playt on the EU servers and said you could /who bg and tag along farming RPs until RR5+ (at which point you would finish your temp and starting running organised 8mans).

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Instead of sat there bored, do the assasin quests for easy rps.

Yea, its not as good as actual rvr, but at least your doing something.

Also learn about 500-600 in woodworking, so you can repair keep walls/towers/doors for rps.

I was lucky when I played mid/classic. I was already rr3 by the time I was 45, then running around in the level 49 bg in random pugs helped me gain a few more rr ranks.

I was rr4.5 when I got to level 50, with most of my template/ras sorted and with a shortage of skalds in my guild/alliance, I managed to get plenty of pugs and had some of the best fun ever :)

I know your feelings though in regards to not wanting to be grouped. My rr4 druid was "too low" for a pug, a pug which started of as an alliance one and then as people elft/rejoined, it ended up with me being kicked for not haveing di3, purge 2. :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
tbh not really had a problem getting pugs, athough gg running a couple of nights a week so not really relaying on them either. One refreshing thing about over there is peeps often spamming region and lfg with "bard seeks dps for small man", "warden wanted for duo"...so peeps not sitting on their arses till they get a fg out, which seemed to be the case too much in euro.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Agree with Mael.

Basically use the \lfg & \region channels. Reply to anything that looks promising but don't sell yourself as something you're not. If someone asks for 'charge 3 vamp with vent for roaming 8' then don't send them. You're wasting their time & yours; if they do invite you to the group when they find out that your template isn't even finished you'll get kicked in short order & they wont invite you when you are ready. If someone just says 'lf dps for pug' then send them - they're going to be more laid back about what they group up with.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
my mincer is still getting temp sorted out and yesterday i teamed up with a group of japs, Vent was hard going at first and they were far more skilled than me, but they were patient and after an hour or so i had went from RR2 to RR2L6 and learnt alot from them

So there are people out there willing to group you just have to be lucky

Nates

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the tips. I think I will start to organise some pugs.

@ Thadius - My woodworking is currently 800ish so I will give the keep repairing a shot.

@ Genedril - I've yet to see a LFM request that is quite so specific as to mention RA, though I see your point. I'm not the type of person that would join a group under false pretenses.

Coordinating through vent is something I have been doing for years be it Counter-Strike, CoD4 or WoW so I think I will be able to contribute to a fg when my RR is a little higher. The 1 group I did manage to find used Vent which was a good laugh (though probably more at my expense as they seemed to find my east London accent hilarious!.. *****! :p).

Going back to one of my original questions, are there frontier bg zergs about much now that I could follow for a few ranks?

EDIT: I'm thinking of re-rolling to a class that is highly desirable in groups. It would need to be something that can be levelled solo without a bot i.e. not a bard / healer type. I've been looking at perhaps a sorc or minstrel. Would appreciate some tips for any other classes to look at.

Cheers

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol sorc's and mincers are horrible to level. Sorcs are ok at 32 when you can charm anything yellow.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Sorc's are easy to level, especially in the task dungeons. :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Nate - the reason I said that is that there are a lot of requests like that in /lfg & /region on Alb. Some of which I've made myself ;).

A word of advice Sorcs are 10 a penny on Alb & Mincers aren't that used unless people run certain group setups but as Sparx was lucky you might be too. Clerics (well good ones) are quite high in demand as are decent cabbies for dps. Tower camp groups are sometimes looking for ice wizzies as well.

Leveling :
Cabbie is a cinch as long as you just go matter til 40.
Cleric is a pain.
Didn't have many issues with Sorc but it's far better with bot.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I went pet spec/body with my cabby to level 40, with enough in matter for "recycle pet". But I didnt have a bot. Was still pretty quick though :)

Nates

Fledgling Freddie
I'm leaning towards rolling a cabby. Although I might try a warrior / hero / armsman (depends if they are sort after - I'm guessing they might be too common though)? I do have a 40 bonedancer that levelled incredibly quick and felt really strong in Molv. Are they any good at 50?

How about the frontier zerg groups, Is there such a thing open for all to join? :p

Thanks for your patience guys, really appreciate the help :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Bonedancers are alright at elvel 5o, mainly ebcause they are overpowered. Plus you dont need to be that intelligent to play them :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Anyway, stratergy for doing task dungeons as a sorc/cabby/..

Scroll though till you get the "kill the named mob" in the dungeon. Run in, pet up and make your way down to where the named pet usually is. There will be mobs there, but as a cabby/sorc, you can stick your pet on them to clear the way for exp OR use your pet to "tank"(only recommended if you can sprint get round them to nuke the named mob"

Then sprint out of the dungeon as soon as it has been killed.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
vamps pretty sort after in groups, we will be running with a couple, so we'll prob be after vamp fillins.

Nates

Fledgling Freddie
I acquired 100plat and picked up a nice template with capped resists, stats and most ToA bonuses.

I'm still not finding any groups though hehe! 1v1 (when I rarely find it) I'm a monster though!

Perhaps it's because I play 7pm-10pm BST which is about 1pm-4pm US time?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Whats your char name Nate? I can friend you when your on vamp and give you a shout when we need one.

Oh NFD running a pug tonight, so if your around drop Gahn a send (or someone else in nfd) asking if there is a spot going. Normal start is around 7:30 to 8 uk time. Fixed group days are Monday and Wednesday as well.

Also if you are on msn pm me your contact and i'll add you so can give you a shout that way if we are short.

Only thing we require is everyone to use Ventrilo.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Struggling to Earn Rps
i will resist the temptation !...not

if you cant play even a vamp roll a supp bd and lifetap everyone to death.... even a 10 years old kid with no brains can do ... you can too

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Struggling to Earn Rps
i will resist the temptation !...not

if you cant play even a vamp roll a supp bd and lifetap everyone to death.... even a 10 years old kid with no brains can do ... you can too

lolol champ!

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Ur a vamp just template it with a semi decent really cheap one or buy plats and kit it out for real All u gotta do is find a soloer or hunt some frontier xp spots and claw ur way to victory ;)

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
With only reading the OP it seems out of the 3 realms on Ywain, Hib is the hardest to get pug groups with, it has been said on VN Hibs seem to have an "elitist" attitude, the majority anywho.
It is much easier to get pug groups on Alb and Mid unless you know of people like Crom who will pug players.

(reason I dont play my druid is due to no more groups after our guild group went back to mid as it was orginally set up to farm Kzar zerg, but he gets owned now anywho - and that whenever we arent running a Mid grp, I cant find one on my Druid)

Edit: insert YouTube- Doggers Anonymous RvR 1 yes all you can see s me spamming spread heal (no point trying to single target heal vs some of those zergs) and back then I used the normal UI over Bobs UI, but yes...that has changed :p

Edit 2: was funny as hell that the americans didnt know what a dogger was, and ging level 1-5, cl10, ml10 and rr7 in about 4-5 weeks, not too bad =d

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Makes me want to play my dr00d again :(

But your right about the elitist thing, I had a decent specced/template druid, yet I couldnt get pugs as I was too low at rr4l3 :(

And it was hardly the soling class xDDD

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I loved my playing my druid, one of the ebst classes i've played, but just cant find anything group wise there now days.
Also yes, the Zo pets were funny as hell, the one on the ram was an Alb taking down a Mid tower door, and we just stood there while he done the work for us..then well, ya know what happened :p

One of the best ones we doen with that though, was "Thegarfield", who i'm sure if anyone has ran into on classic / ywain thinks is abit of a knob, one of ours asked him if he wnaetd a 1v1, he emt us and we all zo'd him down :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
On a general note making rps on any class just requires 3 things , all of which are intertwined :D

1. The ability to dust yourself off after getting steamrolled and go straight back out <A bot with ml8 helps this alot>

2. Learning from your mistakes , aka ... why and how did that person or group find me kill me so easily and what can i do on this next run to stop that happenning again .

3. Once you start learning from your mistakes you begin to find your groove and can easily predict where fights are gonna happen and why which will in futire help you make rps more quickly and at a more steady pace .

Hope this helps , i rvr mainly solo as im a terribad group player and my net kinda sucks for 8v8 anyway ;)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
roll some solo char, its not that bad soloing and you can always rely on yourself, so getting a grp is just a bonus and not a neccesity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom