Rant Stopped, ID'd and cautioned under the Terrorism Act today!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It's not a case of them stopping your day to day life - they wanted to check the footage that is all, not confiscate it, is it really that big an issue? Everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill.
...if you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear? Right?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's the thin end of the wedge, besides, a wise man once said, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH

Except the Sub who let this article get published should be fired...

1. No explanation of what they were actually doing there - it couldn't be they were trying to attract police attention could it...idiots.

2. I presume you're all aware that the gherkin site is where 3 people lost their lives...In a terrorist bombing...One of them was a 15-yr old girl...

Journalists, generally, have lost their way big time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not a case of them stopping your day to day life - they wanted to check the footage that is all, not confiscate it, is it really that big an issue? Everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill.

I think you're trolling, but I'll bite.

It's the principle of the thing. We're either allowed to go about our lawful lives without interference or not. Period.

Which is it?

A) Without Interference

B) Not without interference

I was going to set up a poll, but you already know the democratic answer to that question. And I give not a single fuck how much you will protest in the other way - you're demonstrably wrong.

Part of life, not just in this country, but in the west, is the right to go about your lawful everyday activities without question, hinderence or meddling by anyone of any kind.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Except the Sub who let this article get published should be fired...

1. No explanation of what they were actually doing there - it couldn't be they were trying to attract police attention could it...idiots.

Did you read the article? Getting a police response was exactly what they were trying to do, in a week when new guidelines were issued telling the police not to misuse their powers.

2. I presume you're all aware that the gherkin site is where 3 people lost their lives...In a terrorist bombing...One of them was a 15-yr old girl...

So. Fucking. What. Seriously, a different building gets blown up 20 years ago and that gives the police the right to ride roughshod over due process until the end of time does it? And its funny how the police got by just fine without demanding access to people's private property between 1992 and 2004. Did we not have cameras then?

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Did you read the article? Getting a police response was exactly what they were trying to do, in a week when new guidelines were issued telling the police not to misuse their powers.
You're right, had not read the text which went with the vid. Still, they are plums wasting our tax money.

So. Fucking. What. Seriously, a different building gets blown up 20 years ago and that gives the police the right to ride roughshod over due process until the end of time does it? And its funny how the police got by just fine without demanding access to people's private property between 1992 and 2004. Did we not have cameras then?

It's not a different building. It's the same site. I have worked nearby for around 20 years and one of our outlets falls under the gherkin's management. I remember the bombing well and I'm glad and not at all surprised he was stopped and questioned. To me this is ghoulish and trashy journalism. Admittedly my views may be different because I pass there most days and grew up in a time when the IRA were very active in London, but I firmly believe it is a valid viewpoint.

Knock the police for G20 and whatever else, but this is just crap and offensive to the memory of those who died there.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You're right, had not read the text which went with the vid. Still, they are plums wasting our tax money.

It'd be much better if they stopped and harassed a genuine photographer? It's the police that are wasting the tax money, the journalists are simply highlighting it.

Knock the police for G20 and whatever else, but this is just crap and offensive to the memory of those who died there.

Sorry but that's absolute bollocks - what was done is in no way disrespectful to their memory, it's not even remotely related.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Is it fuck. I took a picture of a viaduct in Manchester a while back, where an officer lost his life following a jailbreak by Fenians.

Is that disrespectful?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Everything is offensive to some ****. Lets all just stand perfectly still and do nothing ever... oh shit, I posted and ruined it all, nevermind, guess everyone will just have to fucking lump it...

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well the solution is pretty obvious: go back to using film, that way you can charge the police for developing ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry. Wanted a well thought-out argument? You don't get one, since you're steadfastly refusing to acknowledge anyone elses...

rynnor

Rockhound

I find that offensive - you are using the deaths of people you never knew to support a view they almost certainly didnt share - shame on you!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Yea, bit too close to the bone for me, that's fine. You're right, I don't think I can really construct a good argument about something I feel so angry about. IRA stuff gives me the hump.

Whatever I say is going to be easy target since there are so many counter points with this topic. And you guys are not shy about coming forward with them!

Chilly

Balls of steel
You ****

/edit I wish deebs would turn off the gay anti-caps lock stuff :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Bullshit. People didn't die just so we could be oppressed by our own cops. And I was in London for Bishopsgate, and Docklands, and the BBC bomb and 7/7, and I still don't agree with giving up freedom for dubious "safety".

nath

Fledgling Freddie
rynnors link said:
The court said the stop and search powers were "not sufficiently circumscribed" and there were not "adequate legal safeguards against abuse".

Christ that's nice to read.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Yes - sad that we are forced to rely on a court in europe to protect our fundamental freedoms tho...

Sad that a court in europe can rule on our laws. Although in this case I'm glad it takes this kind of thing.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Bit of thread necromancy but more appropriate than a new thread:

BBC News - Stop-and-search powers ruled illegal by European court

Hopefully this ruling will trickle down to the policeman on the street.

I was going to post this in here tonight when I saw the news article at work :), an absolute result and about time someone sticked it to the man over the fucking wank nonsense bugger shite twat Section 44 abuse.

I think I might test it this weekend by setting up my tripod infront of the police station and snapping all day long. From a public place of course ;).

rynnor

Rockhound
I think I might test it this weekend by setting up my tripod infront of the police station and snapping all day long. From a public place of course ;).

Better off waiting a few weeks till they send out new guidance to plod on the beat - I think your asking a lot to expect a simple bobby to understand the superior effect of European Court judgements...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yeah I don't expect for a minute that Average Plod will have a scooby, not for a while anyway.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Especially not when the Home Office have told them to ignore the ruling!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
*braces for the start of the anglo-euro war*

I wonder who the US will support this time?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Not sure about this, was nice to know that chavs could live in fear about being caught with knives/drugs etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not sure about this, was nice to know that chavs could live in fear about being caught with knives/drugs etc.

Lol! Chavs have never ever lived in fear.

You must though - considering you draw comfort from the illusory mental state of the retard class... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom