Rant Stopped, ID'd and cautioned under the Terrorism Act today!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
You're living in the coulds if you think any other party is going to be any different. As a country we are fucked up beyond repair, it's not like theres any party out there that can reverse these mini countries of ethnic minorities spouting up all over the place.

It's a fucked up place, and the sooner I get myself and my family out of it the better.

Believe me, grass isnt greener at the other side of the fence.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
imo if you knew your rights then you would have known the guard was right and just said fair enough and walked out, not then start an argument with him to prove a point which imo you were kinda in the wrong.

Not about the outside part ofc

And i've done photography for 8 years now, worked in 2 studios so i know photography law even down to taking photos of under 18s, which is a very tough subject i hated doing

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The point G was making regarding taking photographs on private property is that the primary concern of the landlord would not be that someone was taking pictures for a hobby. It would be a photographer doing a job of work on their property, without first asking permission. Turn up with an SLR, and you're more likely to be a professional earning money. If you are, you'll need public liability insurance, and the landlord can't simply let people turn up and do these things without first checking, and they're almost certainly not going to suffer their clients (a fur coat shop for instance) being used to film an anti-Fur advert.

Of course the security guards won't understand this. Whenever I've encountered such people I've simply walked one step onto public land, and continued working. They can't do a thing then.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Says the man who makes out there is a foregone conclusion, i.e. a certainty.

Since we are discussing a "shouldn't have but did" scenario, the following response seems appropriate

"rofflecopters"

The mystical G scores.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
You're living in the coulds if you think any other party is going to be any different. As a country we are fucked up beyond repair, it's not like theres any party out there that can reverse these mini countries of ethnic minorities spouting up all over the place.

It's a fucked up place, and the sooner I get myself and my family out of it the better.

To a certain extent I think you're probably right. I can't see any other government reversing things that have already been put in place. However Labour have always been the interfering party who creates knee jerk legislation, whereas the Tories are more a let people get on with it party. Labour are far too much a 'Watch and Control' party.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Just incase anyone was in any doubt, here is a home office publication:

Photography and Counter-Terrorism legislation | Home Office

And the important bit:

Important: Section 43 does not prohibit the taking of photographs, film or digital images in a public place and members of the public and the press should not be prevented from doing so in exercise of the powers conferred by section 43.

A police officer can only stop and search a person they reasonably suspect to be a terrorist under this power.

I've now got this printed out and in my camera bag for future episodes with the police.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Why not write a letter with your experience to your MP. They need to know that these powers are being abused.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really really important stuff

If you really believe you've been fucked over G, it's time to take action.

Legal action. For money. ('cause that's what counts).

op⋅pres⋅sion
 –noun
1. the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner.

Bang on the nose.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
strange, I've been there, taken pictures, and nothing happened?

even so, this is somewhat typical, no? I mean the officers seem to fail to explain what he has to do and why.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
strange, I've been there, taken pictures, and nothing happened?

even so, this is somewhat typical, no? I mean the officers seem to fail to explain what he has to do and why.

If you read the accompanying article it seems that it's happening more and more often, so much so that they've sent a letter to all the police forces reminding them of the law. It's noticable that it's been drafted by the head of the BTP, who have an excellent set of guidelines for railway photographers, even recognising the fact that they're an extra set of eyes & ears if anything is going to happen

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That was a massive fishing session by two cameramen to be fair.

And they caught something.

No fucking about, but if they go fishing and there's nothing wrong, they won't catch...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yet again more police who don't have a fucking clue about a very powerful law.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
lol at the welsh guy asking the other guy who had no clue either about the law !!!

rynnor

Rockhound
The first guy was just a security guard and was demanding to see his phone where he had 0 rights - only a policeman could do that.

It is a bloody nonsense that basically the presumption is that everyone is a terrorist who films in these areas.

Edit: I wonder if that act covers sketching? :p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
What if he were a terroist and the building was destroyed the next day and everyone inside died? Would you all be supporting the fact that they're not allowed to view the footage?

Imo if he's filming a building and the police want to check the footage to make sure it's kosha that's alright - preventative rather than responsive to a situation.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What if he were a terroist and the building was destroyed the next day and everyone inside died? Would you all be supporting the fact that they're not allowed to view the footage?

Imo if he's filming a building and the police want to check the footage to make sure it's kosha that's alright - preventative rather than responsive to a situation.

Yes. Absolutely. Apart from anything else, if they inspect the footage, what's it going to show? An entrance? A security door? In amongst hundreds of other shots. Apart from anything else, the guy was in plain sight with a big fuckoff camera, would a real terrorist do that? Of course not. Apart from anything else, the terrorist wouldn't even have to leave home; I've just looked at that exact entrance on Street View. Security is one thing; bullshit paranoia and rentacops exceeding their authority is another.

rynnor

Rockhound

If we give up all freedoms because of potential terrorists then we have surely lost - I personally would rather risk it and lead a normal life than live in fear.

JingleBells

FH is my second home

You really need to read Bruce Schneier's latest Crypto-Gram

Bruce Schneier said:
Despite fearful rhetoric to the contrary, terrorism is not a transcendent threat. A terrorist attack cannot possibly destroy a country's way of life; it's only our reaction to that attack that can do that kind of damage. The more we undermine our own laws, the more we convert our buildings into fortresses, the more we reduce the freedoms and liberties at the foundation of our societies, the more we're doing the terrorists' job for them.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
TBH though, these laws haven't been implemented (no matter how well or how badly) to preserve the "country's way of life": they've been implemented to stop people dying or being injured in attacks. Schneier somewhat missing the point in that quote.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If the threat of terrorism stops us going about our day to day business as usual then the terrorists have won.

Chilly

Balls of steel
TBH though, these laws haven't been implemented (no matter how well or how badly) to preserve the "country's way of life": they've been implemented to stop people dying or being injured in attacks. Schneier somewhat missing the point in that quote.

However, someone raised the point of google street view earlier? why didnt the police shut them down? They are still filming in the UK (and probably will on a continual basis for ever, now), so the police could quite easily demand they do not film any sensitive locations.

The horse has not only bolted, but has already been bought and bumraped, so attempting to close the barn door now is totally pointless.

I bet you could just phone up the landlord of shitloads of commercial property and ask for some photos as you are interested in renting a bit of office or whatever.

/edit streetview even have pictures of my office, which is on privately owned land behind a security barrier ffs. That's MORE access than someone with a camera would get.

Nate

FH is my second home
This reminds me of those documentaries about Tibet where the secret police always turn up and stop the filming.

Chilly

Balls of steel
This reminds me of those documentaries about Tibet where the secret police always turn up and stop the filming.

Well the law there is clear cut - the police can do whatever the fuck they want.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I think you're missing the point there Waz...

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
It's not a case of them stopping your day to day life - they wanted to check the footage that is all, not confiscate it, is it really that big an issue? Everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom