Stop the dolphin and whale killings

MaCaBr3

Banned
When they spear the animal, it is like a puncture wound in your shoulder..

Imagine that, you are in a tub and have an open wound in your shoulder and unable to get up, the blood slowly, but surely, leaving your shoulder until you through hours of missery die in complete agony...

Or they cut your throat and you are dead in 5 seconds...

EDIT: I know the dolphins in the video doesn't die from the throat cutting in 5 seconds, I am not a genius in their anatomi, seems they should just decapitate them completly instead of that horrible half-way job

I heard lions shoot their pray with tranquilizers darts before they eat them. :m00:

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I heard lions shoot their pray with tranquilizers darts before they eat them. :m00:

Not quite sure what your point is?

Trying to argue we shouldn't show mercy and consideration to animals because they show none to us?

I like to think that we are above the animals and hence should show mercy as it is a gift we are able to give.

Now, not saying eating meat is wrong, just killing the animals with as little (???) or short period of pain as possible

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If they stunned them (and did it properly) the situation would be fine. But they don't.

They do do it in England and parts of America I do believe (the stunning) and basically - it takes a couple of seconds literally - providing no pain for the animal in question.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Yea, people need to focus on the issue: they eat dolphin - so what, no problem with that. It is the method of killing that is unecessarily cruel.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If you're against this, you'd have to be against all animal killings. otherwise it's discriminative towards cows and other livestock *nods*

Hate to see some dolphins biting the big one, but, their smart enough to work around it :)

Just like humans getting accidently killed.

Farming animals for food is a whole lot different from hunting them into extinction. If we continue to fish the way we do now there will be no fish left in 50 years!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Farming animals for food is a whole lot different from hunting them into extinction. If we continue to fish the way we do now there will be no fish left in 50 years!

Well, just like with any animal, we can make more.

Cows...chickens...whatanot...let's make some tuna...no wait, we do :D

And about killing species to extinction, so what. They'll die anyway, what was it, 10 species a day go poof with or without(usually without) humans even knowing. So we're not really that efficient in it are we?

And we're saving a species like the panda. A f*cking black&white bear in the jungle that eats stuff that makes it sick so it can't move all day? It's supposed to die allready. Nature has this way of "working things".

If nature didn't want humans to hunt stuff, it would've wiped us out.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Nature has this way of "working things".

If nature didn't want humans to hunt stuff, it would've wiped us out.

Correct, Enviromental Carrying Capacity is already way over what the planet can really handle. As for the wipe out just take a look at the changes in climate and weather systems.

When scientists like Stephen Hawkings come out and say, 'forget the war on terror the biggest danger is climate change'. People should take notice. But they don't. Hence the extremes of weather will get worse and more people will die. The governments know this but turn a blind eye to it in favour of keeping the money machine turning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom