Stop the dolphin and whale killings

kivik

Part of the furniture
Yup, as bad as Sweden/Denmark/Norway are on their way to exterminate the cod (torsk), and don't tell me it's a different thing.

Signed anyways.

Oh and that movie has been up and discussed on these boards before.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yup, as bad as Sweden/Denmark/Norway are on their way to exterminate the cod (torsk), and don't tell me it's a different thing.
Yup its wrong and then sending it to China for cleaning and package the fish

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you're against this, you'd have to be against all animal killings. otherwise it's discriminative towards cows and other livestock *nods*

Hate to see some dolphins biting the big one, but, their smart enough to work around it :)

Just like humans getting accidently killed.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
It's just a way of living and a way that the japanees hunt dolphins that they probably have done for several hundred years..

Just because the human race has become so enlightened and bright we suddenly have to change our basic instinct: To survive.. And that's what the fishermen are doing imo.. Trying to survive in their own way, by making a profit off an animal, but because the animal is cute, smart and we travel half way around the world to swim with it, they are not allowed to be killed?

A stupid cod gets stuck in a net and half of em starv to death and the rest are just stuck in the net for days until the fishermen can be bothered to come get it! But who the fuck cares about the cod?! We don't fucking swim with it and we eat it every now and then! Because it's an ugly, stupid and dumb then we suddenly don't give a flying fuck?!

Equal rights to animals or no rights at all!

I vote for no rights at all!

Survival of the fittest = The human race

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

Subhuman?

Well you can thank em for most of the technology we have today..

Most of your cloth, cellphones, computer, iPod etc. is most likely made in the east and probably in Japan, so perhabs be a little grateful before you start calling other people a lower life form than yourself.. That's what Hitler did

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
It is a way outdated fishing method and should be stopped, i mean seriously :(

kivik

Part of the furniture
It's just a way of living and a way that the japanees hunt dolphins that they probably have done for several hundred years..

Just because the human race has become so enlightened and bright we suddenly have to change our basic instinct: To survive.. And that's what the fishermen are doing imo.. Trying to survive in their own way, by making a profit off an animal, but because the animal is cute, smart and we travel half way around the world to swim with it, they are not allowed to be killed?

A stupid cod gets stuck in a net and half of em starv to death and the rest are just stuck in the net for days until the fishermen can be bothered to come get it! But who the fuck cares about the cod?! We don't fucking swim with it and we eat it every now and then! Because it's an ugly, stupid and dumb then we suddenly don't give a flying fuck?!

Equal rights to animals or no rights at all!

I vote for no rights at all!

Survival of the fittest = The human race

About right, but as the more 'intelligent' and 'enlighted' animals shouldn't we prevent extermination of species and if we need to kill, wich we need to, atleast do it in a human way?

Besides, I think tamtap, all by himself shows that the human race actually isn't all smart and intellectual. If they were, things like that shown in the video wouldn't happen.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Knowing this is happening throughout the world, its ALWAYS shocking to see those movies, even if you have alrdy seen other movies like it.

Just pure shocking.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
still cant watch those movies, tbh im having a crisis of some sort atm i am finding it increasingly harder to justify eating meat tbh i think i'll just stick to fish (nope i dont eat cod because of the stock depleation and yes i have been fishing myself so it is something i would do) and organic free range chicken, i find the way the animals are treated before they are killed to be utterly dispicable and i really find it a bitter pill.

anyone hear about the suggested elephant culling in s/africa? the "they are too destructive and need culling for their own good to prevent in breeding etc" argument amost makes sense to me until i stop to think are we actually given the right to decide this and is it our job to manage these animals in a responsible way to prevent perminant damage to the species as a whole or are they doing it for selfish reasons?

i just cant settle myself with it. animals kill to eat im fine with this, humans kill and kill and kill and then whoops what happened to that really cool species we used to see all the time when i was a kid?

tis a true moral dilemma and im really having problems with it tbh :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Inhuman twats.

Hope they all go to hell :x (the dolphin farmers - not the Japanese)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Lol, tam posting racist shit again, surprise surprise. "There's nothing new under the sun"

But on topic, I don't think stuff like that can be stopped with petitions because the minority of people that eat such stuff will not sign it and if the current minority of clients is enough to supply the money, then it will go on.

Call me a pessimist, but stuff that provides money and jobs is not likely to get banned so easily, especially if it only hurts the "general norm idea" in other countries.

eksdee

FH is my second home
yes it's horrible to see any animal being slaughtered, but it's laughable that so many meat eaters (of which i am one) protest against stuff like this, but can quite happily tuck into a nice steak.

Everz

FH is my second home
yes it's horrible to see any animal being slaughtered, but it's laughable that so many meat eaters (of which i am one) protest against stuff like this, but can quite happily tuck into a nice steak.

theres a difference between eating a food of which can easily be farmed (easily grown with large stocks) unlike the eating/hunting of already low stocks of dolphins and whales.

eksdee

FH is my second home
of course there is, but it's also a huge double standard to say it's 'okay' to kill one animal, and not another.

Everz

FH is my second home
of course there is, but it's also a huge double standard to say it's 'okay' to kill one animal, and not another.

its 'okay' to kill an animal which can easily be replaced and re-numbered, something like a whale and dolphin take decades to get the numbers back up thats why its not 'okay'

eksdee

FH is my second home
repopulation isn't the issue. of course it is an issue, and i completely agree with you, i'm not advocating this at all, i think it is disgusting. you simply can not argue in any way shape or form, however, that moraly it is better to kill any animal over another. they are all living, breathing, sentient animals in their own right.

if i was actually a vegetarian and less cynical about the merits of vegetarianism, i suppose my argument would have a hell of a lot more conviction, but my lifestyle choices and ideas are hardly the point of this thread :).

i really can't stress enough that i'm not trying to say this is ok, but i think if people really want to ride their high horse about signing petitions and 'standing up for what is right' they should fucking do it properly and do something worthwhile, instead of petty white-guilt middle class bollocks like throwing a few pennies at oxfam every month, or signing worthless petitions.

Everz

FH is my second home
repopulation isn't the issue. of course it is an issue, and i completely agree with you, i'm not advocating this at all, i think it is disgusting. you simply can not argue in any way shape or form, however, that moraly it is better to kill any animal over another. they are all living, breathing, sentient animals in their own right.

if i was actually a vegetarian and less cynical about the merits of vegetarianism, i suppose my argument would have a hell of a lot more conviction, but my lifestyle choices and ideas are hardly the point of this thread :).

i really can't stress enough that i'm not trying to say this is ok, but i think if people really want to ride their high horse about signing petitions and 'standing up for what is right' they should fucking do it properly and do something worthwhile, instead of petty white-guilt middle class bollocks like throwing a few pennies at oxfam every month, or signing worthless petitions.

could be that dolphins appeal to people more then cows?

Nate

FH is my second home
I think there is a massive difference between the way they kill these dolphins/whales to how regular farm animals are killed for food products. The dolphins/whales are put under a lot of stress, and the death isn't quick..they are made to suffer. This isn't the case for how most animals are killed for food.

So the petition is right for people to sign if they merely wish to have a more humane way of killing them.

eksdee

FH is my second home
uhm, do you know anything at all about abattoirs? the conditions are most certainly not humane in the slightest.

and saying cows are less appealing is fucking ridiculous, if your world view is that limited then you really need some perspective.

Nate

FH is my second home
I guess you know everything about all abattoirs ;o Do they chase the animals around in numbers and spear them in the ones you know about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom