Stop the dolphin and whale killings

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
If you're against this, you'd have to be against all animal killings. otherwise it's discriminative towards cows and other livestock *nods*

Hate to see some dolphins biting the big one, but, their smart enough to work around it :)

Just like humans getting accidently killed.

Not really, The way they do it on that video is use of sonar under water, Confusing the dolpins into thinking its others around/signals to go here.

If a human heard someone calling for help etc, Instinct is to help... and go there.. Once they get there they get stabbed and fucking slaughterd? They are very nice creatures, Swam with them a few times and to think these cvnts kill them for the sake of it pisses me right off.

Would love to see some of those Japs/Chinese or what ever they are to get kicked to shit and then smashed open with macheteeeeeees ;d

DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to be racist in anyway when i refer to chinese/japanese.. I just dont want to watch the thing again to find out.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't we have this discussion last month.

Everz

FH is my second home
uhm, do you know anything at all about abattoirs? the conditions are most certainly not humane in the slightest.

and saying cows are less appealing is fucking ridiculous, if your world view is that limited then you really need some perspective.

no, in the general people in say england, what is the more ellusive creature, most would look at cow and go "meh" whilst most would see a dolphin and be amazed.

cant explain what im trying to say quite good ;\

eksdee

FH is my second home
I guess you know everything about all abattoirs ;o Do they chase the animals around in numbers and spear them in the ones you know about?

well you obviously know fuck all if you think the animals are treated well! go search youtube or whatever for those videos by the alf about the treatment of animals in abattoirs, it's horrible. just as horrible as how these dolphins have been hunted and killed.

just because an animal is cute, doesn't mean it has anymore right to live.

like i said, you have a very limited perspective on the real world if you honestly believe that.

eksdee

FH is my second home
no, in the general people in say england, what is the more ellusive creature, most would look at cow and go "meh" whilst most would see a dolphin and be amazed.

cant explain what im trying to say quite good ;\

so? that doesn't give them more right to live.

i look at beautiful women and i'm amazed, doesn't mean i can go and kill fat women and feel fine about it ;)

(yes, i realise this is an extremely facetious point and it is meant to be light-hearted :p)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH

i look at beautiful women and i'm amazed, doesn't mean i can go and kill fat women and feel fine about it ;)

(yes, i realise this is an extremely facetious point and it is meant to be light-hearted :p)

Would sure save me taking them home on saturday nights :<

Everz

FH is my second home

true, but which would you prefer to :sex: .. fat girl ofc m8.. jajajaja

i give up, to tired to try explain heh

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
It's just a way of living and a way that the japanees hunt dolphins that they probably have done for several hundred years..

Just because the human race has become so enlightened and bright we suddenly have to change our basic instinct: To survive.. And that's what the fishermen are doing imo.. Trying to survive in their own way, by making a profit off an animal, but because the animal is cute, smart and we travel half way around the world to swim with it, they are not allowed to be killed?

A stupid cod gets stuck in a net and half of em starv to death and the rest are just stuck in the net for days until the fishermen can be bothered to come get it! But who the fuck cares about the cod?! We don't fucking swim with it and we eat it every now and then! Because it's an ugly, stupid and dumb then we suddenly don't give a flying fuck?!

Equal rights to animals or no rights at all!

I vote for no rights at all!

Survival of the fittest = The human race

how many cod get strapped to back of a 4x4 while alive still?

its done in a humane way, and if i were to go over to chine/japan etc id like to kill the bastards in cold blood simple as.

eksdee

FH is my second home
it's a bit late for in-depth debate.

i guess all in all, it's much better and i'd far rather see people actually caring at least in any small degree about stuff like this. i'm just an all or nothing kinda guy. doing something half-heartedly seems like a waste of everyone's time, including your own.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
could be that dolphins appeal to people more then cows?

aha, so its a FOTM issue rather then a " this is the right thing to do" issue then?

thats not hypocritical at all, nooooooo :)

/edit: so ur saying that we shouldent kill stuff thats "cute"?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
how many cod get strapped to back of a 4x4 while alive still?

its done in a humane way, and if i were to go over to chine/japan etc id like to kill the bastards in cold blood simple as.

yeah killing something is SO humane huh?

i eat meat and have no problems with it btw.... i just laugh when ppl say theres a "humane" way of taking a life.

/edit: might add "humane to kill something just for the pleassure of eating it".

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
yeah killing something is SO humane huh?

i eat meat and have no problems with it btw.... i just laugh when ppl say theres a "humane" way of taking a life.

/edit: might add "humane to kill something just for the pleassure of eating it".

So you think stabbing a thing in the throat with a machete, and jumping back when it moves, then coming back and stabbing it a few more times is just as humane as killing an animal by gassing or shooting it once?
That's a fucked up view to be honest.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
it's a bit late for in-depth debate.

i guess all in all, it's much better and i'd far rather see people actually caring at least in any small degree about stuff like this. i'm just an all or nothing kinda guy. doing something half-heartedly seems like a waste of everyone's time, including your own.

So you can't argue the rights of a dolphin unless you do it 100 % and go down and protect them with your life?
Shit we wouldn't be able to discuss anything. I strongly doubt you do everything in life 100 %, as a matter of fact I'm 100 % sure you don't, so stop this bullshit already.

eksdee

FH is my second home
So you can't argue the rights of a dolphin unless you do it 100 % and go down and protect them with your life?
Shit we wouldn't be able to discuss anything. I strongly doubt you do everything in life 100 %, as a matter of fact I'm 100 % sure you don't, so stop this bullshit already.

don't be ridiculous. that is not what i was saying at all. if you're not intelligent enough to get the point of what i am saying, don't bother trying to put an argument forward.

if you bothered to read any of my other posts, my point is that if you eat meat, you are already a part of a process which includes the inhumane killing of living things. feeling that you can go and sign some nothing petition to stop the killing of whales and dolphins and actually make a difference in the grand scheme of things, while still eating beef, chicken/whatever, is silly.

Nate

FH is my second home
well you obviously know fuck all if you think the animals are treated well! go search youtube or whatever for those videos by the alf about the treatment of animals in abattoirs, it's horrible. just as horrible as how these dolphins have been hunted and killed.

just because an animal is cute, doesn't mean it has anymore right to live.

like i said, you have a very limited perspective on the real world if you honestly believe that.

Where did I say that I think the animals are treated well? Where did I say that the Dolphins shouldn't be killed or has more right to live then another animal? Your making some of this stuff up or reading what you want to read, I never said anything like that.

eksdee

FH is my second home
you suggested abattoirs were somehow more humane than what is happening in this video - my point is that, ignoring the fact entirely that the animals are treated awfully anyway, killing ANY animal is inhumane in the first place. thus it's a moot point.

ok, so saying 'well treated' or whatever was a bad choice of words, but you can't argue the above.

and the other part wasn't aimed at you, but to other people who were making that point.

Nate

FH is my second home
Ok, can you quote the person who you are talking to then. You quoted me then wrote a reply to someone else.

I am still yet to see an abattoir where they spear the animals.

eksdee

FH is my second home
what makes spearing animals any less humane than cutting their throats, or any other method of killing?

stop repeating a completely ridiculous point, it's silly.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
It's just a way of living and a way that the japanees hunt dolphins that they probably have done for several hundred years..

Just because the human race has become so enlightened and bright we suddenly have to change our basic instinct: To survive.. And that's what the fishermen are doing imo.. Trying to survive in their own way, by making a profit off an animal, but because the animal is cute, smart and we travel half way around the world to swim with it, they are not allowed to be killed?

A stupid cod gets stuck in a net and half of em starv to death and the rest are just stuck in the net for days until the fishermen can be bothered to come get it! But who the fuck cares about the cod?! We don't fucking swim with it and we eat it every now and then! Because it's an ugly, stupid and dumb then we suddenly don't give a flying fuck?!

Qtf!

Zenith

Part of the furniture
you suggested abattoirs were somehow more humane than what is happening in this video - my point is that, ignoring the fact entirely that the animals are treated awfully anyway, killing ANY animal is inhumane in the first place. thus it's a moot point.

ok, so saying 'well treated' or whatever was a bad choice of words, but you can't argue the above.

and the other part wasn't aimed at you, but to other people who were making that point.

Would just like to point out something. Your saying that KILLING an animal is inhumane? Thats just pushing it FAR too much. It lies in our nature to survive, and in the majority of our time here on earth it would be essential to kill and eat meat to survive, so to just kill an animal is not inhumane, its the way its done that is just awfully wrong.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie

What they are doing should be listed under animal cruelty.

What you fail to get is we're not arguing about dolphpins being killed - we're argueing about the way they are killed.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
still cant watch those movies, tbh im having a crisis of some sort atm i am finding it increasingly harder to justify eating meat tbh i think i'll just stick to fish (nope i dont eat cod because of the stock depleation and yes i have been fishing myself so it is something i would do) and organic free range chicken, i find the way the animals are treated before they are killed to be utterly dispicable and i really find it a bitter pill.

If you have trouble like that, just eat organic meat. Meat from animals that have lived a good life. Tbh i think cows running around on the grass, eating breeding sleeping is a very happy cow. And the more people who eat (organic) meat, the more happy cows we'll see. If no-one ate beef there would be no cows around. Fact!

So youre actually not helping the cows as a species by not eating them :>

eksdee

FH is my second home
Would just like to point out something. Your saying that KILLING an animal is inhumane? Thats just pushing it FAR too much. It lies in our nature to survive, and in the majority of our time here on earth it would be essential to kill and eat meat to survive, so to just kill an animal is not inhumane, its the way its done that is just awfully wrong.

not at all. a massive part of the population are vegetarian or vegan, thus proving that no one needs to eat meat to survive. the killing of animals is unnecessary - thus inhumane. yes, perhaps, hundreds of years ago - when people knew a lot less about food and dietary... stuff - it was completely necessary to eat meat. you can not possibly argue that it is now. it is a preference (it's my preference too), but it doesn't make the killing of animals RIGHT. the unfortunate fact is (and this is why i still eat meat) unless there is a huge uprising of vegetarian/veganism, nothing with the meat industry will change as it is simply just too big an industry to take a hit without major unified action.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So you think stabbing a thing in the throat with a machete, and jumping back when it moves, then coming back and stabbing it a few more times is just as humane as killing an animal by gassing or shooting it once?
That's a fucked up view to be honest.

no, i dont think any of that is very pleasant, but that still isnt gonna stop me from eating meat. saves me the trouble of killing them myself.

i just question ppl when they say its humane to kill something thats perfectly healthy just to eat it.

killing something that's been in a accident and will die anyway no matter what is "humane". but thats about it.

MaCaBr3

Banned
I eat meat and I do kinda feel sorry for those animals but that doesn't make me stop eating meat. There is no humane or nice way in killing living stuff, the end result is the same, it's dead and on your plate.

Look at it like this: if I would be dropped of in a jungle and had nothing to eat for days or weeks, I would sure as hell bbq Bambi on a stick or make fish-sticks out of Flipper.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if you bothered to read any of my other posts, my point is that if you eat meat, you are already a part of a process which includes the inhumane killing of living things. feeling that you can go and sign some nothing petition to stop the killing of whales and dolphins and actually make a difference in the grand scheme of things, while still eating beef, chicken/whatever, is silly.

actually in england i think its more humane than it is inhumane (the slaughtering bit).

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
what makes spearing animals any less humane than cutting their throats, or any other method of killing?

stop repeating a completely ridiculous point, it's silly.

When they spear the animal, it is like a puncture wound in your shoulder..

Imagine that, you are in a tub and have an open wound in your shoulder and unable to get up, the blood slowly, but surely, leaving your shoulder until you through hours of missery die in complete agony...

Or they cut your throat and you are dead in 5 seconds...

EDIT: I know the dolphins in the video doesn't die from the throat cutting in 5 seconds, I am not a genius in their anatomi, seems they should just decapitate them completly instead of that horrible half-way job

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom