Stop hib pry/excal madness.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
It's a dead and now mummified horse. The server is as dead as the horse, the only noticeable effect of bonuses was to help us mids/albs reroll elsewhere. Erivoss can continue saying we don't have to compare server numbers and convince himself and all hibs about it, for as long as he want: people will do it anyway and reroll at 110% camp bonus and free level every 2 days if they don't have access to pl groups.

Catacombs is due next week, and I'm waiting to read the boards here when the pryd hibs zerg will start roaming with bainshees and magic ablatives + croc ring running. 'Whine' will have a completely new meaning - if there will still be rvr going in Prydwen, that is.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
someone just posted on Pryd.net several images from the old frontiers - note the Hib deaths and the mids in the background....

http://www.pryd.net/showthread.php?p=5453#post5453

:eek2:

get organised and stop blaming people - you can change your own fate if you work as a realm together. Play to your own strengths and deny the enemy theirs.

Sick of reading whines over here. Only 6 weeks ago Hibbies were in a mess I am not aware that we whined too much if some did let me see the posts. We have turned it around because we just won't lie down not for any dammed Alb.

Go find the Hibbie in you.

Happy St Pats day.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
It's a dead and now mummified horse. The server is as dead as the horse, the only noticeable effect of bonuses was to help us mids/albs reroll elsewhere. Erivoss can continue saying we don't have to compare server numbers and convince himself and all hibs about it, for as long as he want: people will do it anyway and reroll at 110% camp bonus and free level every 2 days if they don't have access to pl groups.

Yeah true. Everything is much easier in Hib too. Battler + 3 Animists = 10 sec violence.

I am very happy for going Avalon. It means there is an alternative when GoA finally admits they screwed up on the whole "don't compare servers" fatality. Perhaps the extra hardware they can salvage can be used to improve stability on the other servers. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Yeah, and? EoO probably holds some million BP's as well. I don't think we can find any members of that guild to actually use them though.

Nobody does have an alt in that guild anymore? I see Nolby Pride on hib/pryd had a tower ;same for enduring efferscients (sp?) and Ascending Dawn; all 'dead' guilds. Seems Hib take the time to sort out the dead guilds 'useless resting BP' where you dont

And, how does the Maelstrom numbers hold up to the Eclipse numbers?

I dont know Eclipse BP-number.

Matter of fact is, Alb/Mid keeps are low level because people cannot afford the upkeep. Hib does not have this problem due to their welfare bonus.

Hibs dont have this problem because 4 months BEFORE New Frontiers release we (Hib/Pryd community) made a plan on how to claim the towers/keeps and to safe up BP aswell as collecting BP-numbers for all guilds.; based on those topics on our old secure forums we decided how to claim. Also 4+ months in OF you would see that no Hib keep was level 10. To safe up precious BP which we would need for NF. I remember running around on my ranger investigating levels of keep in our own and enemy frontier.

We (Hibs) came PREPARED to battle in NF. We knew things would go different; we had a plan and prepared for 4++ months. Did you?

There's a huge part of your answer why we ALSO got more air-space as you do.

I am not whining about Mid performance. I am whining about hib getting RvR bonuses while being on-top. Big difference.

Hibs performing above average is in essence same as Mids performing under average. What if Mids made 3x their current RP's (and thus BP) and Hibs stayed on same level; would Hibs then be entitled on the RvR-bonusses?

Or more interestingly:

Albion 9297431 30%
Hibernia 11904341 38.4%
Midgard 9753491 31.5%
Total: 30955263

So, thats is 1 week. I based it on the entire Prydwen RP-history. However if you remove 10% from Hib (remember we get 10% more RPS!) we are down to 10.7 million RP's. Dont forget you looking at a week where Hibs had 'free-farming' @ Beno-bridge; which gives us a better score this week relatively too (Mids had almost same but had to run berk --> beno; albs had to run even further). I dont have the numbers @ hand from entire NF-history; but I doubt Hibs gained more RP's during NF then Mids did. And that's including our 10% RP bonus.

That is quite a margin, which in reality means Hibernia have more BP's available to claim with.

Entirely wrong. You accumulate BP's and you dont start at 0 each start of the week. Both Mid and Hib had a way bigger 'reserve pool' then Hibs.

Once again, you cannot expect dead guilds like EoO to come and claim for us. What matters is, that the currently active guilds don't have the BP's to claim with - with the few rare exceptions.

We did this on Hib/Pryd with old guilds; might be worth to do this to relief the pain abit ;)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Good for hib/pry that you prepared. That have given you an edge.

Still doesn't change the fact that mid/alb guilds are running out of BP's, while hib guilds accumolate BP's faster.

And no, we cannot rely on getting closed accounts opened to change guilds.

Oh, and a minor details:
Remove the 10% and you would have 10 822 128 ... that is a minor difference though as you would still be over 10% ahead of the next in-line realm.

These numbers have been pretty consistent the last many weeks. Something that just tells us that GoA infact doesn't monitor this aspect every week as they claim.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Azathrim said:
Good for hib/pry that you prepared. That have given you an edge.

Still doesn't change the fact that mid/alb guilds are running out of BP's, while hib guilds accumolate BP's faster.

And no, we cannot rely on getting closed accounts opened to change guilds.

Oh, and a minor details:
Remove the 10% and you would have 10 822 128 ... that is a minor difference though as you would still be over 10% ahead of the next in-line realm.

These numbers have been pretty consistent the last many weeks. Something that just tells us that GoA infact doesn't monitor this aspect every week as they claim.

We do monitor the situation every week it's just that LWRP are not any indicator of who is underpopulated or not.

If you look at Hibs total LWRP as quoted above it's 12 million give or take however taken by itself, this gives no information at all about the state of RvR on Pryd.

Of those 12 million RPs, 4 million were earnt by the top 4 guilds. By contrast, the top 4 Alb guilds were worth just over a million RPs between them and the top 4 Mid guilds racked up around 3 million. If you take the high scoring guilds out of the equation, Hib suddenly starts to look much less dominant. You're asking us to punish a whole realm because four guilds are doing better than average?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
No, I am asking for equal oppertunity on a server that is having trouble fielding a proper RvR population:

Azathrim said:
Just make the RP and Upkeep welfare bonus equal for all realms on Prydwen and I would be happy.
The best solution would be giving all 3 realms a 50% welfare on upkeep. It's not like people have an easy time generating BP's in general to keep all the towers and keeps paid for - with the sorry state of affair Prydwen is in.

The PvE bonuses Hib/Pry justly enjoys at the moment hopefully helps attract new people to the realm.

The PvP bonuses would slightly help elivate the problem Prydwen faces at the moment.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
last time i checked mael has around 950k guild bps
we had just over a million the week before, we've had a lvl9 keep for pretty much all of nf so far
as for pvp bonuses, hibs probably do need the bonuses, but SO do albs and mids for keep claiming, yes we may have more in stock, but with pryd rvr as it is i doubt any realm is gaining bps per week in total over all the guilds
every realm on pryd needs bonuses, not because of comparisions to excal, but compare it to a reasonable server pop, prydwen does not have that, something goa needs to admit
in around 6 months i doubt there will be any more red or purple keeps in the fronteir, already noticable that baf, the no1 mid guild in pure rps, has a yellow keep
and as for
"Of those 12 million RPs, 4 million were earnt by the top 4 guilds", the top guilds used to earn that EACH, hence why it was possible to claim a keep and build up a stock of bps at the same time
no guild in mid or alb atm is making enough bps a week to maintain a lvl 10 keep, as for hib, i guess at 500 1.5m rps a week may just be enough to maintain it
i'd be interested to see how pandora's bps varied last week when they held beno

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Of those 12 million RPs, 4 million were earnt by the top 4 guilds. By contrast, the top 4 Alb guilds were worth just over a million RPs between them and the top 4 Mid guilds racked up around 3 million. If you take the high scoring guilds out of the equation, Hib suddenly starts to look much less dominant. You're asking us to punish a whole realm because four guilds are doing better than average?
If you take the midgardian high scoring guilds out of the equation, we're still the underdog by far. Why are you punishing us ?

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
oh and give the ability to claim with personal bps
i have 250k odd bps that i'm never really going to use, only thing i ever spend them on is guard npcs when bored at a keeps seige
give the ability to at least claim towers
and even better, make a copy version of you as lord ^^

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Yma said:
If you take the midgardian high scoring guilds out of the equation, we're still the underdog by far. Why are you punishing us ?
You aren't being punished, you just aren't being rewarded for not RvRing. Mid/Pryd has a significantly larger active and RvR capable population than Hib/Pryd if you choose not to RvR then we aren't going to give you bonuses based on that choice.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
On a smaller population server like Prydwen, wouldn't it be beneficial to have a smaller number of bounty points floating about though?

If guilds have fewer bounty points, they can't spend as much on the upkeep of castles, which in turn means the keeps are (in general) of lower level, which subsequently means that they are easier to take with fewer people - such as on a lower population server? If every realm has "sufficient" points to keep level 10 keeps all over the place (as is being suggested by several people - give all realms the 50% bonus), then we're going to hit a problem where we don't have enough people in any spot to actually take the castles.

I'd rather see more lower level keeps which are easier to take to avoid RVR siege stasis.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
So Requiel, you can agree that the RvR specific bonuses are meant purely for helping in RvR?

If yes, then howcome you give this to hibs as they prove -not- to need this and actually perform at equal or better footing than the more populated realms?

That is inconsistent to say the least.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
You aren't being punished, you just aren't being rewarded for not RvRing. Mid/Pryd has a significantly larger active and RvR capable population than Hib/Pryd if you choose not to RvR then we aren't going to give you bonuses based on that choice.
Sorry, but since when underpop bonuses are rewards ? Shouldn't they be incentives ?

So, just because hibs don't pve they shouldn't get a bonus ? Or should they get it because they are few and need help ?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
By contrast, the top 4 Alb guilds were worth just over a million RPs

Wtf? :< Our guild been on top of pryd lwrp for some time now (though we haven't RvR'd last 2 nights) and we made 1.5 mill lwrp just by ourselves, and alot other guilds are above 0.5 mill to.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Arethir said:
Wtf? :< Our guild been on top of pryd lwrp for some time now (though we haven't RvR'd last 2 nights) and we made 1.5 mill lwrp just by ourselves, and alot other guilds are above 0.5 mill to.

fear not, goa are using up to date information!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Elendar said:
oh and give the ability to claim with personal bps
i have 250k odd bps that i'm never really going to use, only thing i ever spend them on is guard npcs when bored at a keeps seige
give the ability to at least claim towers

Agreed; but its something only Mythic can do. Quite alot of us have looooooooads of BP but never use it. My druid I just burned BP on stupid things and still I have 50K+ odd with buying loads of pots and paying rent with it. Also my ranger has 80K+ . It would alleviate the problem Mid (and Alb) seem to have by quite alot.

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Crookshanks said:
On a smaller population server like Prydwen, wouldn't it be beneficial to have a smaller number of bounty points floating about though?

I'd rather see more lower level keeps which are easier to take to avoid RVR siege stasis.

This is the problem with Hibs that I've noticed though....it doesnt seem like much RvR occurs there because everything is higher level and its much easier to go take an unclaimed mid tower then it is to try to fight off half of hibernia and take a claimed tower. I agree that at the start of NF the bonus was needed and was justified, but I think with the current decreased server population it makes keep and tower RvR for albs and mids too difficult with the standard bonuses. If GOA could add a smaller bonus, perhaps - 10% off or something rather than 50, it'd make things a bit more even. If the server population goes back up significantly after catacombs, perhaps bring the bonus back to the original state.

Edit: Though I realize its a code problem, so it might not be feasable...but the server overall seems to be suffering from what I can tell, and giving hib such an advantage when overall population is low makes RvR there difficult

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
goa wouldnt touch bonuses, and if they did they would after catacombs
tbh with catacombs 1 week~~ ahead, not like catacombs gonna change anything ;p

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
goa wouldnt touch bonuses, and if they did they would after catacombs
tbh with catacombs 1 week~~ ahead, not like catacombs gonna change anything ;p
Ppl are going to leave WoW, irl etc and comming all back to DAoC!!! :p

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
well public whines like this surely do your realm mates a lot of good. What kind of self respecting community would come out and whine in public basically telling everyone in their own realm that they are rubbish and that they need help? Just because things take a slight down turn for them. Pull yourselves together and go find a private forum to whine and maybe even come up with a plan. Like the guys said Hib was planning this for months on end and it hasn't all gone smoothly - but are we gonna tell you lot - nah get a life!

Hibbies are different true - it keeps its concerns private - we do not disparage our realm mates by saying we are crap and that we need help. We have the bonuses for good reasons and you know what? Once the populations are even we will relish losing them and coming out and stuffing you silly. Then we will come and laugh as you continue to whine.

I salute the Mids who are making a game of it - they were out last night again and it was a very good night. It was not easy for us by any means the Mids should be proud of their showing. Its about time the Albs figured out that they might want to think carefully about a new game plan.

Learn some self respect guys.

Sharkith

(with an almighty hangover)

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Its an underPOPULATION bonus, not unPEOPLEINRVR bonus.

There are around 150 hibs (not anon) on at primetime, and I know there are a lot more mids than that at PT.

Just more hibs choose to RVR.

Treeeebeard

Fledgling Freddie
Sun_Tzu said:
This is the problem with Hibs that I've noticed though....it doesnt seem like much RvR occurs there because everything is higher level and its much easier to go take an unclaimed mid tower then it is to try to fight off half of hibernia and take a claimed tower.

Would that not be back to the point were we decided to Store BP's from months before NF? If it wasnt for that i know MH woudlnt have claimed towers half as much as we are now and keeping them level 9 or 10.

In theory the way this is being done worked out is fair tbh. Hibs have less active and your towers arnt as high a level so we have chance to get the tower down before the zerg arrivs. You can take more people to a tower so to give hibs a chance it has to be a higher level because less hibs = less defenders. Dont whine because your zerg is PvE'ing and PL'ing alts and farming items for futuer charcs

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Brunore said:
There are around 150 hibs (not anon) on at primetime, and I know there are a lot more mids than that at PT.

Didnt check last night (wasnt online), but two nights ago hib/mid had the same numbers online, both /who all and /who 50 showed the same (+/- 1 or 2).

/j

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Was 170 albs on last night at prime time(not anon), i really dont think theres a massive difference in active populations atm.

Hibs may well have saved bps up but we're now in a situation after 3-4 months of NF where most alb\mid keeps are orange and yellow where as all hib keeps are purple\red. The amount of rps made is pretty much even atm between realms, but nobody is currently making enough BPs to sustain a keep at a high level without some help right now imo.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
BaF saved up BPs aswell before NF and those are almost gone now anyways

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
thats more like it - clear your heads and start thinking more about how you can change things. Look at the facts and you will see that maybe you can do things differently.

Hibbies really don't have anymore active RvR players than they used to we are just used to fighting as the underdog all the time and now it has even'ed up a bit you find that you guys aren't equipped to deal with it. It is a fact of the game you will get adds and second groups hitting you. We have had to live with that for a much longer time than you and we have not been whining recently - anyone in the new Hib who whine's in public is quietly asked to stop insulting the rest of us.

:drink:

I enjoy the server now more so than I ever have. I am still in awe at the major Gank Groups and how they play but for now this server has never been better. You get ups and downs but thats the game innit?

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
BaF saved up BPs aswell before NF and those are almost gone now anyways

Not really, we try to keep keeps at a level we can sustain for a long time - so it depends on how much bp´s we aquire at the time. =)

/j

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
I enjoy the server now more so than I ever have. I am still in awe at the major Gank Groups and how they play but for now this server has never been better. You get ups and downs but thats the game innit?

Of course you enjoy it, Hibs have a lot of people running around and being successfull. =)

I enjoy the game less, and that has not that much to do about the RvR och the state of mid in general, it´s more that allmost all of the guild is gone, I find more often than not these days that me and my wife are more than 50% of the baf:ers online. =)

I´ve always enjoyed being part of a big guild, we could always muster at least a fg - didnt really matter what we decided to do. Thats not the case anymore. =/ Which has effects in a lot of ways, and I think this is the same all over the server.

And the game is about having fun, nothing more, nothing less. I have enough of "ups and downs" in my worktime - when I´m off work I want to have fun - and if I don´t I choose to do something else. =) Before when mid have had low rvr-success I could choose to do something else with my guildes, the alternatives are very limited right now, because of lower numbers, so I log instead. =)

Should be interesting what catacombs bring when it comes to doing stuff thats fun, probably gonna level a new thane on excal while wife levels her valkyria, if not guild-activity moves up.

/j

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom