'Stealth Wars'?

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:
I dont think stealthers ever was intended to be as powerfull as they are right now.. When Mythic made our beloved stealthers they didnt have Bots in mind. And IMO a stealther class shouldnt be capable of taking out a "normal" tank class, buffed or not. They just didnt predict how powerfull stealther would be with capped buffs/capped SC. And now we r stuck with em.

Yes assassins is supposed to be able to kill everyone solo. Our role in RvR was ment for us to push the enemy together, stray of from the others and you get picked of by assassins. We where the thing that would build zergs.

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Bard - cya in dl m8
Druid - havent met one solo yet except Lorfo and he did kill me with instas/artis/pet
Warden - np
Blademaster - tough ones ( if buffed )
Hero - havent meet a good one yet
Champion <- lol ;/
Eldritch <- np
Enchanter <-np
Mentalist <-np
Nightshade <- rare to meet a solo one.
Ranger <- Lost once in pure duel
Animist <- bye m8
Valewalker <- sneaky but infil wins

That's my point of view...

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Mincers shouldn't be a part of the 'Stealth World' to begin with. :m00:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Evull said:
Since when did skalds get stun? :p

And every spiritmaster not knowing how to set pet to passive and qc/cast mez deserves to die anyhow :)

Sorry mes.

Light

Loyal Freddie
Nalistah said:

they arnt exactly .. furthered in NF when they are the only 'stealth' class without access to MoS

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:

Said it before, will say it again, Minstrels can lose stealth when Skalds lose some fighting ability and Bards lose their support spells.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Said it before, will say it again, Minstrels can lose stealth when Skalds lose some fighting ability and Bards lose their support spells.

Skalds fighting ability is sooo much better then ministrels omg nerf them... or wait maybe not.
Minstrel is 100% better pet class then any mid class, what about that?

Said it before, will say it again,
You sir are a retard if you fail to see the problem with minstrel and stealth, ofc you think it is absolutely ok since you are on the giving side.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Yes assassins is supposed to be able to kill everyone solo. Our role in RvR was ment for us to push the enemy together, stray of from the others and you get picked of by assassins. We where the thing that would build zergs.

thats why everyone rushed to roll stealthers back in those days...lots of ppl got bored of dieing to teh Zerg / seeing his caster one shoted by an archer/assassin or to see his stealthor m8r wtfpwning and fading away without any punishment. Rly dont say archers after retail were balanced, wont mention the 100% evade iping assasins owning tanks... [preSC-preBB-s]

Imo an assassin's role should be to take down casters/support/lowhp enemies, make chaos along the lines of the enemy etc but when facing real warriors aka as TANKS they should die a horrible death, not own them lolz.

ps.: would like to see a vid from infil killing a toa-ed fully buffed crush-slash BM, imo if same RR its impossible without having uber luck on PA-CD and no RA-s up on bm...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:
Skalds fighting ability is sooo much better then ministrels omg nerf them... or wait maybe not.

You sir are a retard if you fail to see the problem with minstrel and stealth, ofc you think it is absolutely ok since you are on the giving side.

You can't logically take stealth from Minstrel if you don't take the associated abilities of Bards and Skalds. Minstrels are Rogues, Skalds are Vikings and Bards are Naturalists, it's a simple as that. And giving side? What do I care? I never group with anyone, let alone Minstrels. As for the pet class comment.... I think I'll let some friendly Minstrels rip you apart on that one.

But since I doubt logic is your forte, you can continue stringing together a gaggle of random insults.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:

I am all for removing stealth from minstrels and giving them some group-friendly line. I would sooo much prefered them being much better in groups than stealth-wars (sorry minstrels)

Oh, and stealthers shouldn't beable to kill everything in game. At least heavy tanks should be able to kick their asses easily unless using double PA or something :p

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
I am all for removing stealth from minstrels and giving them some group-friendly line. I would sooo much prefered them being much better in groups than stealth-wars (sorry minstrels)

Oh, and stealthers shouldn't beable to kill everything in game. At least heavy tanks should be able to kick their asses easily unless using double PA or something :p

I think every class should be able to kill every other class, but with varying levels of difficulty.

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
But since I doubt logic is your forte, you can continue stringing together a gaggle of random insults.
lol lox some strong words there xD

EuSKALDuN

Fledgling Freddie
maybe it depends on the assassin, tank and the situation?

havent seen any infiltrator soloing zzang for example...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Yes assassins is supposed to be able to kill everyone solo.

Rubbish. Before buffbots came on the scene assassins were free rps to heavy tanks. Even now a fully buffed, toa-d heavy tank with RAs up really should beat an assassin 1v1...

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Thing that make it possible to kill high rr tanks is str/con debuff, without it we would be fucked. :D

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Arnors biased and poorly based shit:
Armsman: tough but can be killed usualy. (dw>shield, evade7>2h)
Paladin: a do not touch if dont have end regen potions (very hard to get are they?)
Mercenary: DT = win (agreek)
Reaver: Hard no purge usualy means loss (if slam lands yes)
Cleric: Usualy easy kill (no way! mocsmite4tehwin!)
Friar: Tough specialy with ap and ip, can kill tho (true dat)
Infiltrator: overpowerd :D (amen :p )
Minstrel: cant realy kill if they have Ra's up (too true)
Scout: easy kill in melee usualy. prefer purge up (id rate this as medium hard, depending on slam&zeph landing)
Cabalist: GL if the pet proc stun on you (its a 2sec chainable stun rite?)
Sorcerer: moc lifetap anyone? (ok, stay away from sorcs once every 30mins ok? nah fuck it, just walk through them for instaskillz)
Theurgist: need to be quick on qc+root usualy easy target. (yup)
Wizard: same as theurg (easier because of no qc mezz, qcroot can be disabled with mezz-poison no?)
Necromancer : unbuffed easy, buffed /rel. (hihi)
Not touch or very hard: 4 or 5 of 14

Berserker: ouch can kill but they hit hard. (thank you :x)
Skald:hard tank usualy easier than berz tho. can be killed (shit defense, only good is ok dmg and zephyr/mezz)
Thane: dont know (walk in the park i'd think)
Warrior: tough tank can be killed tho. (mm, 2h<evade7 shield<dw)
Savage: can realy hurt if lucky, land a nice stun on them and you can win quite easy tho (yar)
Healer: easy class to kill (yepo)
Shaman: no cripling poison and shamans can be impossible to kill. (true)
Hunter: weak mostly (yowzer)
Shadowblade:disregaring str relic very weak, but with str relics they are a equal with ns (disregarding stun availability etc, ye)
Runemaster: can be killed. caster need to be awake. (same and theurg/wizz) (easier then theurg, equal to wiz i'd think)
Spiritmaster: intercept pet..can be killed but often caster have enough time to either qc something or moc, both usualy leads to your death. (yer, hard bishes, 2 cc forms etc)
Bonedancer. can be killed either with a hard dmg opening or with aoe mezz poisons-. (mezz poison or pa trick shuold be aritezor)
Not touch or very hard: 3/12

No comment on hib classes
Bard - (easy not to die to atleast ^^)
Druid - (ditto unless its my druid :p)
Warden - (lewl)
Blademaster - (hard hoe)
Hero - (should be same as arms/warr, doable if pots)
Champion - (should be tricky)
Eldritch - (qc stun debuff pb pb pb)
Enchanter - (ditto)
Mentalist - (qc stun, dot dot ruuuuuunn xD)
Nightshade - (high rr=hard as pen0r, low rr=fodder)
Ranger - (high rr&ra's up, hardz0r)
Animist - (if million pets=true, you=dead)
Valewalker - (should be np)

c64ledouche

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Loxleyhood said:
You can't logically take stealth from Minstrel if you don't take the associated abilities of Bards and Skalds. Minstrels are Rogues, Skalds are Vikings and Bards are Naturalists, it's a simple as that.

Please don't take our... parry?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
and ffs stay away from bards heals!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Loxleyhood said:
Parry, 2h, that kind of funk. Not much, but neither is stealth on its own.
Parry is our 3rd line, stealth is yours.

2H has nothing to do with it.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Parry is our 3rd line, stealth is yours.

2H has nothing to do with it.

Well if you prefer stealth to parry you should have rolled a Minstrel and not a Skald.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Was just pointing out that it wouldnt hurt skalds much to lose their 3rd line.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:

Whether you like it or not, skald's melee ability *is* better than a minstrels.

Spix said:

What's that clunking sound? Oh, it's the collective jaw hitting the floor of everyone who's ever attacked a spiritmaster. Or don't they count as a pet class?

Sure, I can charm an orange pet. And while I'm doing it, I can't stealth, and although I can twist ablative or speed, it takes a lot of juggling to do that in the middle of a fight. And while I'm juggling that, some archer is probably filling me full of holes, or some hib caster stun/nuke/nuke'ing me to death.

Spix said:

Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass about stealth wars, but I'm sorry, you're not going to help your case by spouting rubbish, such as that minstrel's are as good/better fighters than skalds, or that they're somehow an uber *pet* class.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Rubbish. Before buffbots came on the scene assassins were free rps to heavy tanks. Even now a fully buffed, toa-d heavy tank with RAs up really should beat an assassin 1v1...

I wrote supposed to, they cant ofc but that is a diffrent thing.
And you say prebuffbots, you know that assassins was quite overpowerd and able to kill like 2-3 heavy tanks solo back then

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
I wrote supposed to, they cant ofc but that is a diffrent thing.
And you say prebuffbots, you know that assassins was quite overpowerd and able to kill like 2-3 heavy tanks solo back then

i remember being able to fuck up stealthers pretty easily pre buffs, but then again i wasnt rly balanced back then :eek:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Whether you like it or not, skald's melee ability *is* better than a minstrels.

straight up melee dps, skald is ahead of mincer i would assume.

What's that clunking sound? Oh, it's the collective jaw hitting the floor of everyone who's ever attacked a spiritmaster. Or don't they count as a pet class?
sm's are nice, noones denying that
Sure, I can charm an orange pet. And while I'm doing it, I can't stealth, and although I can twist ablative or speed, it takes a lot of juggling to do that in the middle of a fight. And while I'm juggling that, some archer is probably filling me full of holes, or some hib caster stun/nuke/nuke'ing me to death.
YOU may be able to barely charm an orange pet, it is possible to charm purple pets fyi.
YOU may think its alot of work to have a pet and twist speed or abla, and you may have problems juggling those two(?) buttons while you charge an archer/mage at speed5 like a train heading for a cliff, unable to press a third button with your chubby fingers to insta-interrupt or stun them(for instance) or no wait, you dont even have to do that. all you have to do is wait for your speed5pet to engage them the second you get attacked(you know, defensive mode since you cant push the pet-attack key) and while the (lets say) yellowcon pet interrupts your quarry you can: keep your distance, and use fa if you want, you can let pet hit abit and then mezz him, or you could run up, dd&dd and stun him, start hitting in melee while you zephyr him at the end of stun and keep hoe'ing him down, or simply any combination of the above. If shit starts hitting it you can use ip/ap/purge, and if your really getting it(you've attacked the dragon solo or sumt) you can just sos the fuck out of there.

Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass about stealth wars, but I'm sorry, you're not going to help your case by spouting rubbish, such as that minstrel's are as good/better fighters than skalds, or that they're somehow an uber *pet* class.
I firmly have no problem believing that equally rr/toa'ed chars, played by equally skilled chars, the mincer would pull off 8/10.
and your right, they arent an uber pet-class in rvr(or very few mincers are) in pve though you are an uber pet-class, but we all knew that already didnt we? and we dont rly care about pve either so >.<

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
sm's are nice, noones denying that

Well yer man who I was replying to was claiming that a minstrel was a better pet class than anything in Mid...

Arnor said:
YOU may be able to barely charm an orange pet, it is possible to charm purple pets fyi.

...for about one pulse reliably, even at RR11. After which it's on you like a dose of something unpleasant you caught off that dodgy looking girl at the drunken party. And trust me, the last thing you need in RvR - or PvE - is a pissed off purple pet adding on you.

Arnor said:
YOU may think its alot of work to have a pet and twist speed or abla, and you may have problems juggling those two(?) buttons while you charge an archer/mage at speed5 like a train heading for a cliff, unable to press a third button with your chubby fingers to insta-interrupt or stun them(for instance) or no wait, you dont even have to do that. all you have to do is wait for your speed5pet to engage them the second you get attacked(you know, defensive mode since you cant push the pet-attack key) and while the (lets say) yellowcon pet interrupts your quarry you can: keep your distance, and use fa if you want, you can let pet hit abit and then mezz him, or you could run up, dd&dd and stun him, start hitting in melee while you zephyr him at the end of stun and keep hoe'ing him down, or simply any combination of the above. If shit starts hitting it you can use ip/ap/purge, and if your really getting it(you've attacked the dragon solo or sumt) you can just sos the fuck out of there.

All of which depends, of course, on (1) your target being solo, (2) them being stupid enough to even think about the pet instead of attacking *you*. And either way, unless you are very good at key juggling, you will be dead. And if you are good at key juggling, you deserve to win in my book.

Which takes more skill to do: winning using a pet as you describe above, or stealthing up behind someone and getting off a couple of poisoned hits? Yes, minstrels have lots of toys: and that means they're complex to play.

Arnor said:
and your right, they arent an uber pet-class in rvr(or very few mincers are) in pve though you are an uber pet-class, but we all knew that already didnt we?

Oh yeah - if you have a buffed pet, you're pretty damn tough (I don't have a buffbot, so I'm not). But not as as tough as two animists and a gibbon, which I hear are capable of soloing the dragon. :)

Arnor said:
and we dont rly care about pve either so >.<

Well exactamundo, my leetle Arnor-esque chum.

Eroa

Banned
Light said:
Seems daft that all stealthers really aim to do is fight other stealthers

They do??

I think 90% stealthers lurch around waiting to add on other fights

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom