Stealth Wars and NightShades/Rangers (Episode II)

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
Was a nice evening 3-4 days ago when i loged in with Rambo and went emain.
i was solo and couldnt find something to kill, albs was all over the place some fg mids but no solo or duo's. so i ask some friend who owns ns 50 on pryd if he let me play. since then for 3-4 days i am playing 2 nses.
What i am about to say is that mythic has f...d it up there.
Dunno whats goin on in Excal or other servers but according to duskwave must be the same :

excal infils : Too many characters (350) found.
excal scouts : Too many characters (188) found.
excal minstrels : Too many characters (331) found.

excal nses : Too many characters (193) found.
excal rangers : Too many characters (150) found.

excal sb's : Too many characters (328) found.
excal hunters : Too many characters (221) found.

pryd infils : Too many characters (268) found.
pryd scouts : Too many characters (146) found.
pryd minstrels : Too many characters (216) found.

pryd nses : Too many characters (133) found.
pryd rangers : Too many characters (118) found.

pryd sb's : Too many characters (215) found.
pryd hunters : Too many characters (126) found.

i really found it hard to play ns...
go odins = kill something every 45 minutes or kill nothing at all.
go HW = the same.
the action is emain, so run like stupid the stupid route to emain
a) get ganked by infil who camp bolg, run like stupid again Zzzzz
b) arrive emain and try pass amg, ganked by 6 infils and 3 scouts ...run the nice route again ZZZzzzzzz
c) arrive emain but now be carefull, dont pass amg go camp the road to mmg, ok now its better, kill 1, kill 2nd, gank bank 3 infils 2 mins ...fok run again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
d) ok now lets go mmg a bit... bd inc. pa cd ss, bd dead, oops sb add, oops hunter as well, oops another sb, oops another. hmmm /macro rel /release.
e) ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

so teh facts are :
Excal stealthers : albs(869), hibs(343), mids(549)
Pryd stealthers : albs(630), hibs(251), mids(341)

and my point is:

- there is a serius population problem and also skill problem with nses.
- there is no way for ns to compete in RVR in stealth war.
- ns need a boost.

i am gonna send here a msg to all albs not to camp mg's in zerg numbers, if some duos go mg's and see another duo there, dont stay with em, dont make grps higher than four ( even i ve seen ns doin it but still they die fast ), but i think thats useless cause players them self cant solve the problem but only mythic can.

Give ns 2.5 spec points, give them even lower restealth timer or dunno what else. sb's might need some better ra's too while shadowrun sucks bigtime.

i said all that cause kinda all mid/hibs have me as responsible for this situation, and after i saw my self how is it to be ns ( once again ), i felt like i should do it.

i hope everything gets better in Frontiers exp. till then will do my best not to zerg, and advice as many i can for the same.

i hope not stealth whine inc. i dont expect any replys. i am just sending a msg.

Rambo.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Is bit tolate I think, how many Sb who has other lvl 50 will do ML with SB atm ??
Iam sure many more infils will stick to stealther then sb or ns, if a change was in some upcoming patch it would be so different.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Sad to see the state of things most every night there is atleast 1fg infls/incers/scouts camping the mpk/mmg. I wonder what the other fg infls do at amg because you can always find them there. was in a grp of 4 tonights saw 2fgs alb stealthers running to mpk :( oh well i logged an alt

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
For the last few days i have dont /who hunter 50, rarely get above 5, shadowblades are rarely above 16-20, how many NS rangers are there of the same level, maybe there are similar numbers but camp somewhere else?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome to my everyday when I play NS :)

Solo is just a pure mindtest and not much else atm with the numbers of albs.

Im amazed you actually made this post Rambo, truly amazed. Wasnt expecting it at all since you have been totally ruthless in the past and pretty much drove on the development of how it is today. Hats off for the change though ofc.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
It is true it has gotta outta hand now... U can´t even pass mpk without running in to atleast 1fg alb stealthers.

I jump with excitement every time I meet a ns or ranger but then again.. halfway into fight u see mincer +x number of infils coming

A

Aoln

I see what you're saying but when i've played an NS/ranger i didn't really find it as bad as you make out. It's annoying fighting the alb stealthzerg but just as annoying as trying to avoid it and getting 5+adds every fight.
The most annoying part i found was the running to emain, but the reward was good on a good run since i found it easier to kill than when playing my Scout, and the large amount of noob albs to farm are nice.

Cyfr

Banned
Wait for Moch to come and flame rambo because infils are skilled and stuff.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Took you this long to find out Rambo, damn, you're really a bright one.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
rofl tbh irl

rambo, its your fault this alb stealth situation is like this, you and your stealth zerging guild created all the mg / pk camping and are renouned for having fg's that pop on other fg's that fight, or just pop on anything.

and the: "i was solo and couldnt find something to kill" line really tickled me.

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
well Rambo camping at mpk isnt going to help. YOU are the lames stealther on prydwen, have never seen you solo.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
ive seen rambo solo more then ive seen any mid stealther solo when playing my minstrel :O

dont really understand how u can blame all the zerging on 'rambo and his guild'.. its not like the mg's havnt been camped by alb and mid (and sometimes hib) stealthers since the beginning of daoc.. and id say the zerging was more started by the sb's.. cause it was sooooo damn many of em back in the days ;o

its hardly rambo's fault that all u weakminded sb's gave up as soon as u couldnt 3shot everything...

and fyi i dont know rambo.. never talked or grouped with him.. nor am i in his guild ;o

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Pro you haven't been playing the past 3 days then?

This is how pathetic the stealther situation is atm.

Just went amg with my ns killed a infil 8 stealthers pop and chase me I get away so scout pops ts and shoots me.

HI I'M SOLO USE A 30 MIN RA TO GET 20 RPS most alb stealthers don't have a fucking clue how to play their class

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh you finally realised how the situation is.. From my point of view during day time I try to solo or duo if a I have a good friend online (use teamspeak or something). After 16 cet there is no really point in going out solo so I usually duo or trio dont like big stealth groups..more then 3 is less rps and I think its just lame. However i admit i sometime even try organising a stealth zerg just to clear out mpk/mmg of the billions of albs..

Yes the stealther situation is tragic atm. Dont really know what is to blame but your guild and your type of playing has surely added to it.

The biggest problem however is in Mythics hands all alb stealthers needs to be seriously overlooked. Infil is owerpowerd yes. I can take them hitting me for ton of dmg but I dont cry to much about it, remove dragonfang and vanish and they are just owerpowerd instead of gods and that would be ok.

Biggest problem however is the MINSTREL this is the most owerpowerd class in the whole game IMO. Chain + stealth its just silly. SoS and BoF or what its called. The tools the minstrel gives a alb stealth group, ( duo trio of fg) is just owerpowerd you cant compete with that Stealth group vs stealth group. The new boost on minstrel is just silly. In the state the minstrel is in I almost rather fight a Infiltrator then a Minstrel. I dont see how its possible for a class that has a 1 handed weapon to hit me for more then I hit him with my 2 handed spear, and yes im wearing a MP armour with capped resists and usually have maxbuffs (+mota 3) Minstrel has become a second assassin class.

Here is a story from a encounter with a Minstrel. You can call us what you want (Me and Larre a SB) that we are newbies etc and dont know how to play our class etc I dont care. I´ve played hunter since Beta and from my point of view did every thing right that fight, used barbed arrows for most dmg. Got crit in put pet on him etc, larre got PA+CD in and then we started meleeing him down. Well he killed me like I was butter I even used IP + my lifedrain belt + 1 health potion. Larre kept fighting him and would have got his ass handed to him if a ranger didnt add.

Oh and if a minstrel is looking to loose a fight they can alway SoS. SoS for the win... lost 2 relics because of SoS.. GG Mythic

Ohh and Rambo when finally your RR11 im starting to respect you or atleast hate you less, seems as if your atleast trying to solo some these days... thats what the stealther class was meant for soloing..

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Profion said:
Give skald stealth, climb walls and SOS.

i would loooooove to see the alb whine then (but ofc hib have to get some comparison)

btw if any alb happens to know dmoskus or maxlight ingame, tell them to practice their PA's. 7 times between the 2 of them they have missed PA on me quite recently. lucky they have kklas to back them up and give em an easy target.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
I see what you're saying but when i've played an NS/ranger i didn't really find it as bad as you make out. It's annoying fighting the alb stealthzerg but just as annoying as trying to avoid it and getting 5+adds every fight.
The most annoying part i found was the running to emain, but the reward was good on a good run since i found it easier to kill than when playing my Scout, and the large amount of noob albs to farm are nice.

dont tell me that getting friendly add is worse then getting zerged then release without any rps and the run to emain starts with dangers ahead :>

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
nuky said:
i would loooooove to see the alb whine then (but ofc hib have to get some comparison)

btw if any alb happens to know dmoskus or maxlight ingame, tell them to practice their PA's. 7 times between the 2 of them they have missed PA on me quite recently. lucky they have kklas to back them up and give em an easy target.

they got pa on qb still? how awful.

about the topic.... well i cba to play my shade more then 2-3 rounds zerging got to the point it cant get worse. Shades/rangers had smaller numbers since beta, but wasnt outnumbered 1 to 6+ on regular basis, the current situation sux bigtime.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Oldfaravid said:
I usually duo or trio dont like big stealth groups..
... thats what the stealther class was meant for soloing..

find the paradox? :<

you're not helping the situation yourself brightass :( improve yourself before trying to make others inprove :(

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Huntingtons said:
find the paradox? :<

you're not helping the situation yourself brightass :( improve yourself before trying to make others inprove :(

Yes I'm sure he loves running to emain just to get zerged while solo just like he loves banging his head up against a brick wall.

Get a clue

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't know what you are trying to achieve by making this thread but you sure gave me a good laugh :D

ps. have you played a hunter/sb yet?

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Read new infy TL thingie tbh. For instance this:

Make all assassins share the same evade stun - off leaper. Change other evade stuns (dragonfang suggested as followup to pierce, but that -might- make thrust merc -a bit- overpowered on an assist train =p ).

Ect. Don't have addie to VN board thread atm :rolleyes:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
seen rambo solo once in 6months...was like wtf? :p

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
its hardly rambo's fault that all u weakminded sb's gave up as soon as u couldnt 3shot everything...

and fyi i dont know rambo.. never talked or grouped with him.. nor am i in his guild ;o

How about PA cd 3 hits infil dont use purge and u still loose and infil has 30 % left.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I was killing a hunter with my yellow spec buffs and MP armour with capped resists,when an SB pops and 3 shots me..why do I never meet these sad little SB's that PA for 50 damage and so on? :(

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Profion said:
Give skald stealth, climb walls and SOS.

I think it will be ok to give them these abilities, but then bard's would whine, so why not, give bard stealth, climb walls and SOS. Oooops, so bard has stealth? Remove insta ae mez and put castable ae mez on a 5 secs casting time like they do with minstrel. Problem solved \o/

Edit: typo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom