Stealth Wars and NightShades/Rangers (Episode II)

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
SB's have to run in groups, coz solo they can only kill casters. Unless they high RR or get lucky. NS & SB both need 2.5 spec points, and nerf dragonfang or give SB evade stun.

I have to agree with the whine about mincers also, there mid equivalent is Skald who can erm.....erm?......erm? run fast and swing a 2 hander, oh and a mezz. Great utility there, mezz only helps u run away and 2 hander gets blocked, evaded, parried every other hit.

Ive been playing Excal with my NS and its a lot more enjoyable :) not as many ghey inf gank groups.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Rambo[DS] said:
Was a nice evening 3-4 days ago when i loged in with Rambo and went emain.
i was solo and couldnt find something to kill, albs was all over the place some fg mids but no solo or duo's. so i ask some friend who owns ns 50 on pryd if he let me play. since then for 3-4 days i am playing 2 nses.
What i am about to say is that mythic has f...d it up there.
Dunno whats goin on in Excal or other servers but according to duskwave must be the same :

excal infils : Too many characters (350) found.
excal scouts : Too many characters (188) found.
excal minstrels : Too many characters (331) found.

excal nses : Too many characters (193) found.
excal rangers : Too many characters (150) found.

excal sb's : Too many characters (328) found.
excal hunters : Too many characters (221) found.

pryd infils : Too many characters (268) found.
pryd scouts : Too many characters (146) found.
pryd minstrels : Too many characters (216) found.

pryd nses : Too many characters (133) found.
pryd rangers : Too many characters (118) found.

pryd sb's : Too many characters (215) found.
pryd hunters : Too many characters (126) found.

i really found it hard to play ns...
go odins = kill something every 45 minutes or kill nothing at all.
go HW = the same.
the action is emain, so run like stupid the stupid route to emain
a) get ganked by infil who camp bolg, run like stupid again Zzzzz
b) arrive emain and try pass amg, ganked by 6 infils and 3 scouts ...run the nice route again ZZZzzzzzz
c) arrive emain but now be carefull, dont pass amg go camp the road to mmg, ok now its better, kill 1, kill 2nd, gank bank 3 infils 2 mins ...fok run again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
d) ok now lets go mmg a bit... bd inc. pa cd ss, bd dead, oops sb add, oops hunter as well, oops another sb, oops another. hmmm /macro rel /release.
e) ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

so teh facts are :
Excal stealthers : albs(869), hibs(343), mids(549)
Pryd stealthers : albs(630), hibs(251), mids(341)

and my point is:

- there is a serius population problem and also skill problem with nses.
- there is no way for ns to compete in RVR in stealth war.
- ns need a boost.

i am gonna send here a msg to all albs not to camp mg's in zerg numbers, if some duos go mg's and see another duo there, dont stay with em, dont make grps higher than four ( even i ve seen ns doin it but still they die fast ), but i think thats useless cause players them self cant solve the problem but only mythic can.

Give ns 2.5 spec points, give them even lower restealth timer or dunno what else. sb's might need some better ra's too while shadowrun sucks bigtime.

i said all that cause kinda all mid/hibs have me as responsible for this situation, and after i saw my self how is it to be ns ( once again ), i felt like i should do it.

i hope everything gets better in Frontiers exp. till then will do my best not to zerg, and advice as many i can for the same.

i hope not stealth whine inc. i dont expect any replys. i am just sending a msg.

Rambo.

wow im impressed :) but as someone said its too late. Theres already too much stealth zerging going on (partly why dag stayed around rr5 :p)

and :eek2: at the solo in emain bit :D

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
I was killing a hunter with my yellow spec buffs and MP armour with capped resists,when an SB pops and 3 shots me..why do I never meet these sad little SB's that PA for 50 damage and so on? :(

would liek to see a screeny of that tbh, cause i have never met a SB who could do any where close to that on me, with my own mota 2 yellow specs.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I think giveing SBs & NSs both 2500spec points is the wrong way about, we'll be at the stage where stealthers are taking pure tanks down with not much trouble again, better idea imo is to take infs specs down to SB/NS level, tho i do think inf will still have a big advantage with DF.

Soha

Fledgling Freddie
Rambo are u still pissed about what me and Detech did .....

After the 5th time u didnt come any more :fluffle:

Jaff

Fledgling Freddie
my sb is useless, i know im not the best in the world at playing stealthers, nor do i have the time to farm for full MP gear.. but i cant kill FA :p

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Pio said:
Pro you haven't been playing the past 3 days then?

This is how pathetic the stealther situation is atm.

Just went amg with my ns killed a infil 8 stealthers pop and chase me I get away so scout pops ts and shoots me.

HI I'M SOLO USE A 30 MIN RA TO GET 20 RPS most alb stealthers don't have a fucking clue how to play their class

Change albs with hibs, and you with me. Then swap to odins and OMG ITS THE SAME.

If hibs want to compete in emain with stealthers .... PERSUADE THE RETARD ZERG IN ODINS TO GO EMAIN. Then you might actually have the numbers to compete in emain. I also dont mean at the same place which seems to be the hib way. Either avoid emain with stealthers (except a few that come anyway) or come with 1fg+ in the same spot :rolleyes:

Get more in emain in general but in groups of 2-4 and not 6-8 and it might get a bit more balanced. Also someone needs to explain to the hib stealthers in emain that there is such a thing as a second milegate called MMG. I know its a difficult concept to comprehend but if amg's camped .. don't go there.

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
The amount of times I've stood on pad and told all the stealthers go to emain if they wanna zerg is boring now.

They don't get the picture but then again neither do the infils

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I think SB and NS pretty balanced in the way, its a hard challenge to take down a tank, even after a Pa combo etc, thats they way it should be for assasins, not be running around tanking tanks.

I have pretty equal duels with other SB, so I'd imagine they play about the same, and able to take the same kind of enemies, and theres a huge diff between what infils and sb can take.

what makes me laugh most is, you find groups of albs camping mmgH sometimes, they clearly know that their only going to find 1-2 people at a time.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Rambo[DS] said:
i was solo and couldnt find something to kill, albs was all over the place some fg mids but no solo or duo's. so i ask some friend who owns ns 50 on pryd if he let me play. since then for 3-4 days i am playing 2 nses.
Dunno whats goin on in Excal or other servers but according to duskwave must be the same :

go HW = the same.
b) arrive emain and try pass amg, ganked by 6 infils and 3 scouts ...run the nice route again ZZZzzzzzz
c) arrive emain but now be carefull, dont pass amg go camp the road to mmg, ok now its better, kill 1, kill 2nd, gank bank 3 infils 2 mins ...fok run again ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
d) ok now lets go mmg a bit... bd inc. pa cd ss, bd dead, oops sb add, oops hunter as well, oops another sb, oops another. hmmm /macro rel /release.

so teh facts are :

and my point is:

- ns need a boost.

i am gonna send here a msg to all albs not to camp mg's in zerg numbers, if some duos go mg's and see another duo there, dont stay with em, dont make grps higher than four ( even i ve seen ns doin it but still they die fast ), but i think thats useless cause players them self cant solve the problem but only mythic can.

Give ns 2.5 spec points, give them even lower restealth timer or dunno what else. sb's might need some better ra's too while shadowrun sucks bigtime.

i said all that cause kinda all mid/hibs have me as responsible for this situation, and after i saw my self how is it to be ns ( once again ), i felt like i should do it.

i hope everything gets better in Frontiers exp. till then will do my best not to zerg, and advice as many i can for the same.

i hope not stealth whine inc. i dont expect any replys. i am just sending a msg.

Rambo.

Now go and try a low RR SB..will make you cry IRL......

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
I was killing a hunter with my yellow spec buffs and MP armour with capped resists,when an SB pops and 3 shots me..why do I never meet these sad little SB's that PA for 50 damage and so on? :(

3 shots you.. hmm that means the hunter was not able to do any dmg to you at all ???? btw aye a screenshot of the dmg would be nifty.. I cant do that with a rr7 sb fully buffed with a aug 47 mota3 shaman , in all mp gear

must be nice to be able to whine about loosing a fight against two opponents and not feel silly about it ... Usaly us non alb's get laughed at for whining about loosing against one.. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
low RR ns are a joke even in zergs. mincer + infil popping RAs can kill 4 without much sweat

low RR infil is lethal due to dragonfang and ns being vunarable. opponent needs purge or die to DF spam, or if infil is "skilled": DF. hamstring, leaper, hamstring, leaper, hamstring leaper. All within stun timer

high RR ns is strong due to ap / viper (14 points ffs) but outnumbered 4 to 1 usually

its sad but standing at apk yelling: "Armsman / Cabalist / Wizzard / Paladin LFG" is drove a lot of ppl to char that is viable in small groups / solo.

The lack of good sorcs / clerics / mincers that group means there aren't enough groups to give all the "gimps" a group

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Pio said:
Yes I'm sure he loves running to emain just to get zerged while solo just like he loves banging his head up against a brick wall.

Get a clue

well what i meant was that he's not helping those who are trying to solo :<

get a clue

its clear that infis need a fix, but the solution is not to give the other assasins 2.5 spec points, because then infis needed higher hp table + magic skills, and so would sbs/ns'

nerf dragonfang, mebbe lower infi hp a bit (not much, just a weee tad)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
low RR ns are a joke even in zergs. mincer + infil popping RAs can kill 4 without much sweat

low RR infil is lethal due to dragonfang and ns being vunarable. opponent needs purge or die to DF spam, or if infil is "skilled": DF. hamstring, leaper, hamstring, leaper, hamstring leaper. All within stun timer

NS a joke? Maybe the classes you are playing are just OP.

NS is neutral for thrusting damage like all the other hibs.

And yes, just nerf infils, I killed 2 SBs and 1 hunter the other day solo, tho they didn't have buffs.

Sinned

Fledgling Freddie
Profion said:
Give skald stealth, climb walls and SOS.

Heh I wouldn't mind to see that but it aint gonna happen

You would have to turn in parry/weapon/song spec in for stealth
Also if they would do that, then minstrel should get higher hit points , perhaps weaponskill and acces too 2handers ( albion has 2h thrust weapons xD)

Are you sure you want that or are you already crawling back ? :touch:

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
Why do people feel the need to Quote the entire 1st post?

:Edited by request:

Im hoping the number of alb steathers will cut down when all the new TOA items kicks in.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Goku said:
Why do people feel the need to Quote the entire 1st post?

why do people feel the need to post something thats nothing to do with the topic?

oh and btw...we will never fix the situation in daoc...it has got to this sad state of affairs and there is no real way back

Ormorof

FH is my second home
DaggerElivager said:
why do people feel the need to post something thats nothing to do with the topic?

oh and btw...we will never fix the situation in daoc...it has got to this sad state of affairs and there is no real way back

theres always a light at the end of the tunnel!

just in dark age of camelots case its a train :touch:

emma

Loyal Freddie
Rambo[DS] said:

go HW = the same.

so teh facts are :

and my point is:

- ns need a boost.

Rambo.
You only just realised this lol o_O

Why do you think i quit playing Emma 5-6 months ago, not because i was bored or couldn`t compete, but because no matter how hard i try to solo it never works. Its got to the point of being literally impossible to have any decent 1 vs 1 fights now, its always 1 vs 2 or in some case's like when your out 1 vs 8.

But atleast you`ve now started to experience this from a different point of view i give you credit for that atleast. Yes mythic have f**ked up and im sure you`ll agree with me now that the infil population is too big and if a class nurf is needed to bring them back into line, so be it.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
NS a joke? Maybe the classes you are playing are just OP.

NS is neutral for thrusting damage like all the other hibs.

And yes, just nerf infils, I killed 2 SBs and 1 hunter the other day solo, tho they didn't have buffs.
Thats the buffs though. Killed a rr3ns and rr5 ranger, both unbuffed and I only used vanish .. 80%hp left. neither buffed though.

Met them earlier on, both buffed. Couldnt kill ranger quick enough, he IP'd, I died. When he was unbuffed he fell so fast he was still stunned from vanish->pa.

If you want to balance stealthers add range to buffs. Though that will never happen.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
Thats the buffs though. Killed a rr3ns and rr5 ranger, both unbuffed and I only used vanish .. 80%hp left. neither buffed though.

Met them earlier on, both buffed. Couldnt kill ranger quick enough, he IP'd, I died. When he was unbuffed he fell so fast he was still stunned from vanish->pa.

If you want to balance stealthers add range to buffs. Though that will never happen.

no buffs wont save us from dragonfang dualshadows spam or double pa-s.

Hihanauha

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
You only just realised this lol o_O

Why do you think i quit playing Emma 5-6 months ago, not because i was bored or couldn`t compete, but because no matter how hard i try to solo it never works. Its got to the point of being literally impossible to have any decent 1 vs 1 fights now, its always 1 vs 2 or in some case's like when your out 1 vs 8.

But atleast you`ve now started to experience this from a different point of view i give you credit for that atleast. Yes mythic have f**ked up and im sure you`ll agree with me now that the infil population is too big and if a class nurf is needed to bring them back into line, so be it.

how can Dwera solo then?!!? I think you just dont have enough skills to do that
:eek:

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
He solo's? I never see him ingame only qq'ing on irc about how shit sb's are and how everyone sucks etc :<

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
3 shots you.. hmm that means the hunter was not able to do any dmg to you at all ???? btw aye a screenshot of the dmg would be nifty.. I cant do that with a rr7 sb fully buffed with a aug 47 mota3 shaman , in all mp gear

must be nice to be able to whine about loosing a fight against two opponents and not feel silly about it ... Usaly us non alb's get laughed at for whining about loosing against one.. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

No,hunter didn't do much damage to me,I hit CD on her about the same time as the SB(Bite) PA'd me for 862 dmg,followed by 400 dmg and then 508 dmg.
(My CD hit for 169,SS for 129,using G.Rapier).
Come on IRC some day and beep me if you want the screenshot,I'm Derric- there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom