State of the Game

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Quite funny your arguing about solo play so much, you completely lost the intent of this. Its about giving feedback what you think the state of the game is, but seeing some argue so much shows that getting the point about scenarios is not quite there.

Scenrios are team against team, whatever you talk, that is there design which ever side performs better as a team will win. On our server order understood that far more then my chosen side destro, who loves to be "individual", all fine, they often also love to whine they lose!

You loose if you not stick together, assist each other and function as a team. No single person can win against an assist team, no single person can be kept alive by a single healer, this game is designed as a team sport, anybody not having that part of it, sorry :)

So if you go into an Scenario and want to solo, you are hurting all those who want to win and play as a team against another team. If you go into there and play as a team, but solo, then your only intention can be to gain something you believe you would not when in the team, aka exp & reknown.

Of course, you can sit here continue to, I believe the right term is "Troll" and come not up with clear statements what you think the game is at. But that won't do anything to add to this.

So happy trolling if you like it, or maybe you come up with some suggestions and statements what you like about the game, where you see it shortages and what you think could be done to improve it, just my 2 cc

:iagree:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You are correct Urrinoa, that is what they are supposed to be like, however they feel so detached from the actual game people just see them as a quick way to farm renown and for a bit of epeen flexing for the scorecard at the end. They need to be removed, or at least turned into real living places like the old battlegrounds.

They need to add some sort of points pool to keep takes (not sure how it would work though) where you get more points if the keep is defended, X amount of bonus renown per defender/attacker or something when the keep changes hands or the attackers are defeated. This will attract more people into participating in attacking a manned keep rather than farming empty ones.

Zede

Part of the furniture
90% of BGs in WoW were PuGs

90% of the time in Thidranki(daoc BG/scenario) you were solo or in a PuG.

Nobody careed or whined EVER about soloing in these games. Now, all of a sudden soloing is bad. Its got sod all to do with imaginary team work people are simply jealous.

I for one, do not suddenly believe the world is now such a happy smiley place that everyone works together, making soloers a detriment to the team.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's quite laughable how people draw conclusion about the solo playstyle.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I could post a long response to the other posts but I'm not going, cant be bothered with the stupid arguments that always come down to crappy insults, assumptions and insulting of peoples intelligence that makes people think that it gets their point across in some way. I just have to draw on one point. Where does the jelousy come from ? I can drop group and solo also and net myself 50k xp and 5k renown a game if I wanted to but I dont because I join the scenarios to play with other people and win the games not farm kills. So how am I jelous when I can do the same thing and just chose not too ?

Soloers bother me because they come across as selfish people who just want to farm their renown/xp not play the game as it is intended to be played (and not give me crap that they are not intended to be played as a team, its not a death match map where everyone can join and kill each other, it is a team game with an objective to acomplish)

So carry on healing the lame soloers, Im sure they will be happy that you chose to help them and they dont bother to help you or anyone other than themselves.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I could post a long response to the other posts but I'm not going, cant be bothered with the stupid arguments that always come down to crappy insults, assumptions and insulting of peoples intelligence that makes people think that it gets their point across in some way. I just have to draw on one point. Where does the jelousy come from ? I can drop group and solo also and net myself 50k xp and 5k renown a game if I wanted to but I dont because I join the scenarios to play with other people and win the games not farm kills. So how am I jelous when I can do the same thing and just chose not too ?

Soloers bother me because they come across as selfish people who just want to farm their renown/xp not play the game as it is intended to be played (and not give me crap that they are not intended to be played as a team, its not a death match map where everyone can join and kill each other, it is a team game with an objective to acomplish)

So carry on healing the lame soloers, Im sure they will be happy that you chose to help them and they dont bother to help you or anyone other than themselves.

Pretty sure you'll find that the true soloers won't scream for heals, won't bother any1 and they'll just go their way.
It seems that people are mixing up "griefers" who wants to maximize reknown and xp gains from Scenario groups and Soloers who just want to squeeze out of their toons the max possible, pushing it to edge, not caring if they gonna die in the process, getting less reknown and xp (pretty much like it was in Daoc), only searching for a fair duel or a good jump 1 vs 3.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty sure you'll find that the true soloers won't scream for heals, won't bother any1 and they'll just go their way.
It seems that people are mixing up "griefers" who wants to maximize reknown and xp gains from Scenario groups and Soloers who just want to squeeze out of their toons the max possible, pushing it to edge, not caring if they gonna die in the process, getting less reknown and xp (pretty much like it was in Daoc), only searching for a fair duel or a good jump 1 vs 3.

So why join scenario's to do that ? there are loads of RvR lakes to run around looking for fights.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So why join scenario's to do that ? there are loads of RvR lakes to run around looking for fights.

It's all a matter of time you got in yer hands i guess?
Of course in scenarios you know how much people there are, you can manouvre and find solo fights / strugglers easier.
See i try to put my feet in others shoes before trunking cliches.
This coming from an Sm that go and search for solo fights in RvR Lakes when in the mood for soloing, where, more then not, you get zerged, added and chased to the moon.
So it all boils down to patience and time you have to spend in game.

Zede

Part of the furniture

I agree, you wouldnt insult anyones intelligence by calling all soloers Lame, Faggots & Selfish would you now ? ofc not.......

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, you wouldnt insult anyones intelligence by calling all soloers Lame, Faggots & Selfish would you now ? ofc not.......

Calling them lame and selfish is not an insult to anyones intelligence its the truth in my opinion, The faggots comment I agree it just happened to fit in there, although none of these 'name calling' remarks were actually directed at anyone in particular, unlike the following comment

Ahm, if i need a chill pill, i'll pass over the bottle so you can down the lot. Your vehemency towards soloers shows either you lack of age, lack of experience, or more importantly lack of brain power to understand. I need a chill pill against idiocy, ive got a few infringments on FH-WAR using naughty words against well....

Zede

Part of the furniture
Calling them lame and selfish is not an insult to anyones intelligence its the truth in my opinion, The faggots comment I agree it just happened to fit in there, although none of these 'name calling' remarks were actually directed at anyone in particular, unlike the following comment

when will you learn

You already said it......"In your Opinion"

Why is it so hard to comprehend its just that, your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

try harder next time.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
when will you learn

You already said it......"In your Opinion"

Why is it so hard to comprehend its just that, your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

try harder next time.

go look at any number of game forums, my opinion is generally shared by the masses, try harder ? lol

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
go look at any number of game forums, my opinion is generally shared by the masses, try harder ? lol

Citation needed...
It's easy to say that your opinion is shared by the masses, but without a link => that doesn't count

Also, because your opinion is shared by the masses, does that make it right?
on March 23, 1933 something happened that was approved by the masses, and yet it proved to be one of the biggest errors in history...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Citation needed...
It's easy to say that your opinion is shared by the masses, but without a link => that doesn't count

Also, because your opinion is shared by the masses, does that make it right?
on March 23, 1933 something happened that was approved by the masses, and yet it proved to be one of the biggest errors in history...

Ffs you beaten me to it :p

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
Leave the ppl to play how they like, if they wanna solo, let them, so what? unless ofc you pay their subs then you can tell them how high to jump.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
I solo mostly in scenarios, i solo often in orvr. I play that style purely for the enjoyment i get from it, not for increased rp/xp from kills. In daoc i played solo 85% of the time on either a nightshade or a Hero, again not for the increased realm points you got, but for the challenge and enjoyment. Simple as that. Why cant ppl see its the prefered choice of a small minority to run solo, getting a good fight occasionaly and getting there kicks from it. I love a 1v1 that takes awhile for the fight to finish, sadly too many are over in a few seconds, i enjoy the fight no matter if i win or lose, there is nothing in any eula or rules that i've read that states all players have to play in a group. so to the ppl that whine about solo players go stfu. We all here to play and enjoy the game in whatever way we want.
for the record. i never ask for heals i wont cry if i get killed an no healer heals me, i wont cry out for a rez, like i see many whimpering whining players do time after time after time.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Leave the ppl to play how they like, if they wanna solo, let them, so what? unless ofc you pay their subs then you can tell them how high to jump.

I aint paying their sub no but they are impacting on mine and others play to our detriment so they can 'play how they wanna play' but when they are done with their grind and want into these groups they will get a bug fat f of from me and a lot of other people :)

same crap in wow, thats how we end up wtih lolret palas trying to dps etc etc by letting people carry on and play how they want, of course I was in a proper raiding guild, so these people were never a problem for me.

End the discussion there shall we ? People can solo if they want just dont expect others not to be annoyed by it.

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
Wether or not WAR is supposed to be a group or solo game Mythic needs to look into how experience is distributed.

Even the best group cant "compete" with a solo dps class that most likely might end up with twice as much experience than the group - even though the group contributed to winning the scenario and the soloer ended up only taking out a few people and dying horribly over and over.

The change can be done in various ways... best way would probably be to "up" experience gained in groups either through kills or just as a bonus in the end for sticking together.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I aint paying their sub no but they are impacting on mine and others play to our detriment so they can 'play how they wanna play' but when they are done with their grind and want into these groups they will get a bug fat f of from me and a lot of other people :)

same crap in wow, thats how we end up wtih lolret palas trying to dps etc etc by letting people carry on and play how they want, of course I was in a proper raiding guild, so these people were never a problem for me.

End the discussion there shall we ? People can solo if they want just dont expect others not to be annoyed by it.

I could be annoyed by zergs then? Their playstyle impacts mine.
It's a double edged knife really see?

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Wether or not WAR is supposed to be a group or solo game Mythic needs to look into how experience is distributed.

Even the best group cant "compete" with a solo dps class that most likely might end up with twice as much experience than the group - even though the group contributed to winning the scenario and the soloer ended up only taking out a few people and dying horribly over and over.

The change can be done in various ways... best way would probably be to "up" experience gained in groups either through kills or just as a bonus in the end for sticking together.

would be hard to give a bonus to a grp sticking together but it would solve one of the problems grp players have with solo players. I think though ppl should start to look at the bigger picture that is its war between both sides and really that is it. If ppl solo or grp then so be it. scenarios are really just a way of gaining xp/rp if someone is playing a grp dependant class then get on with it get your xp/rp an move on. if a person is playing a class which can manage a solo style of play and they choose to play it solo then let them do so without criticism.
talking of scenarios, what about the ppl that choose to leave a scenario when it looks like there side hasnt a chance to win, now thats lame imo, but it happens and that has a far more greater impact than one solo guy has in the scenario.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
talking of scenarios, what about the ppl that choose to leave a scenario when it looks like there side hasnt a chance to win, now thats lame imo, but it happens and that has a far more greater impact than one solo guy has in the scenario.

9 times out of the 10 they are the same guy.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

So why not stay in the group? You can do the ame thing while in a group. the only reason not to is greed. Simple as.

Zede

Part of the furniture

Ok, lets try ONE hey ? Lets say Freddyshouse Warhammer. Lets put our opinions in a thread, and see what people say.

Please dont go the way of Xanth, with multiple ppl getting infractions cause they cannot contain themselves cause' of forums posters total arrogance, thats u that is !

selfowned.com

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So why not stay in the group? You can do the ame thing while in a group. the only reason not to is greed. Simple as.

That's y i pointed in the general direction of mixing up Soloers with "Griefers".
See the point is that people moans even if you go by your way to get strugglers on way to the Flag or whatever.
By their mean you SHOULD be there getting the arti/flag/shit whatever is the Scenario objective and if you don't adher "you are crippling" their game experience.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, lets try ONE hey ? Lets say Freddyshouse Warhammer. Lets put our opinions in a thread, and see what people say.

Please dont go the way of Xanth, with multiple ppl getting infractions cause they cannot contain themselves cause' of forums posters total arrogance, thats u that is !

selfowned.com

Yes, lets use FH and its massive base of 5 posters to judge it ? or maybe WHA and VB boards where the majority of people who play this game post, I was reading a thread just this mornign on the same subject on WHA, general consensus is people find soloers are bad.

Only arrogance I can see here is coming from you, if you dont care about soloers thats fine, carry on, I dont care. Im just saying I think they are bad and they do it for purely selfish reasons, the general player base agrees with me.

selfownedyourself.co.uk/ha

Zede

Part of the furniture
Yes, lets use FH and its massive base of 5 posters to judge it ? or maybe WHA and VB boards where the majority of people who play this game post, I was reading a thread just this mornign on the same subject on WHA, general consensus is people find soloers are bad.

Only arrogance I can see here is coming from you, if you dont care about soloers thats fine, carry on, I dont care. Im just saying I think they are bad and they do it for purely selfish reasons, the general player base agrees with me.

ah you see, this is where you come totally unstuck.

I dont Solo ( apart from questing shizzle) I stay in the group, and heal the group. Im all for it, I buff ppl with grp buffs, i use group heals, im a group player. I accept that people have different play styles. You however are quite happy to lump every-single-person-who-solos into the SAME catagory. As people have pointed out here ( being the uninformed player base that they are ofc) they are not griefers. Open your eyes and dont judge everyone cause' you have had a few "bad" experiences. The WAR universe does not revolve around you, the rules are not your rules, grow up, stop whining.

Oh and btw miss imnewtofreddyhouse.com. This is not your usual forum. Comparing this forum to Warhammer Alliance, VN Boards, WoW main Boards etc.. is quite frankly comical. The old timers here ( and your attempting to argue with quite a few) would rofl at your comments. The AGE level & intelligence of FH is somewhat higher than those you mention, and we all know it.

/sigh to reiterate they do NOT "do" it for selfish reasons - read the comments from the people posting on this thread - are they all wrong ? do you discard them all and carry on ? You read what you want to read, selective memory ftw.

edit. oh i just see you have reported me - Warhammer Alliance tactics, Woot !

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

Of you go to Warhammer Alliance then...if FH isn't good enough to be a reference.
I mean, the biggest percentage of WHA readers are ex-WoW players who do'nt know squat about RvR, whereas a high percentage of FH-readers are ex-daoc players, who are far more experienced in RvR.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

General consensus is that they are mixing up Soloers and Griefers also (also generally speaking level of posters on vnboards is meh), now try to take a step back and see the overall picture, if you can ofc.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Why dont you try reading what I post instead of just seeing something and spouting blablabla about some crap.

Did I insult this forum or its posters ? No! I simply said in comparrison to the NUMBER OF USERS on this forum WHA and VN Boards have a bigger number of people using and posting it, therefore you will get a better idea of the GENERAL PLAYER BASE's ideas on soloers from there than you will here.

I also never said YOU solod I said if you think soloers are ok thats fine carry on, read for the win.

I wager as many people posting on WHA and VN are ex daoc'ers as well as ex wowers and furthermore, playing daoc doesnt make you the be all and end all authority on RvR.

So where did I come unstuck again, ah yes with your inability to read or understand what I am saying, even with your superior age level and intellect.

And yes you are right I accept your explinations whole heartedly, People dont drop group in scenarios because they are selfish single minded people who are only interested in farming renown and xp, they do it because they decided thats their playstyle.

not everyone here is saying they agree with it either ? so why make out the whole forum backs your post ? Like I said small base of people to draw a comclusion from, not insulting FH at all so really, get a clue

And I dont care how long anyone has been posting here, if I dont agree with what they are saying I will put forward a counter agrument, you make out that Ive only been posting here since september therefore any point I make is moot coz I'm not an oldtimer.

Thanks for reading mrIamthelawonwar.com

reported you ? to whom ? No I reduced your rep because I didnt like the tone of any of your posts, literally from the first one on this topic. My perogative as it is anyone elses to reduce mine.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I think you misinterpreted what I said.
In terms of percentage, the users on this forum have far more experience on how an RvR setting works than on WHA.
But fine, if you're so keen on seeing the general playerbase's idea about Soloing, do the same thing for what the general playerbase thinks about Bright Retards...(which you are so keen on defending in almost all threads)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom