Stat migration?!

R

--Random--

Ok im confused..

Looking at a fellow Teras Kasi Student today, i noticed his HAM bar was substantially higher than mine, his health, action and mind bars were all extremely high, compared to mine which still look somewhat newbieish. I asked him how the hell he managed it, and he said he balanced them... unfortunatly when i asked how, he stopped replying.. git.

Anyway, i've looked through the manual, and the ingame help, and theres nothing on stat migration. How the hell does anyone get all they're stats increadibly high like that?! I know if you use medic skills for instance, your mind will naturally increase. But is that hte only way? Surely that'd make the medic proffesion worth taking up purely for fighting, as your mind pool would be so much huger than it was before?

In short, all i wanna know is how the heck you get your HAM bar all high.. through using different skills, or some sort of crazy migration i havnt yet discovered.

Cheers

E

Ebonn

Ctrl+c to go to your char sheet, and look at the big old button at the bottom that says 'stat migration' :p

R

--Random--

lmao, i did know that. i wanna know if thats what changes the SIZE of your bars... i did it loads, taking all my health points to 0 and putting all in mind, yet there was no change atall on my HAM.

W

Wrigleys

your stats don't change imediately but theres a gradual shift from your current stats to the new ones that you want

D

Durzel

Doctor and spices will raise your HAM bars very high as well. I've had over 2k health and action before from competent Doctor buffs and/or spices. It doesn't last though, and the comedown (from the food at least) is a killer.

D

dweam

Doctor Buffs, Spices and Food all stack as buffs.

And you get the comedown from Spices, not food :)

R

--Random--

aha, thanks chaps.. wasnt aware that once you've changed them on migration they take time to get to what you've set them as.

cheers

W

|WarpiG|

I have no idea how it has happened, but alot of ppl also ask my why my HAM stats are so high. I started as an artisan an used stat migration before i selected the starting planet.

Now i have 1k HAM all round and 550-800 on most secondary stats. I was able to sample for hours on end with minimal rest time, and have never run outta action mid fight...

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by |WarpiG|
Now i have 1k HAM all round and 550-800 on most secondary stats. I was able to sample for hours on end with minimal rest time, and have never run outta action mid fight...

Are you a Wookie ? as they get a lot more stat points due to the fact they cant wear armour.

W

|WarpiG|

Yeh im a Wookiee but i still have other Wookiee's comming up asking me about my secondary stats, and they all say "how the hell" wen i tell them...

R

--Random--

so is it technically beneficial to take up something such as medic purely to increase your mind points for stuff like PVP? (snipers doing head shots and stuff). tbh i think the way SOE have handled the whole stat thing is a little bit more complex than it needed to be. i like the way theres multiple factors to determine your health/action and mind. but.. why cant they just say, your health is... 1000, action is 800 and mind is 400 or something, just to make it more straight forward.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by Thawn
so is it technically beneficial to take up something such as medic purely to increase your mind points for stuff like PVP?

There are only 3 ways to increase your mind in the game.

1) use stat migration.
2) take Muon Gold ( a spice, lasts 10 minutes then you get a downer )
3) watch a master dancer/muscian when you have no BF or mind wounds ( this short term buff only lasts a few minutes )

So taking medic wont help in any way, even Docters cant use there buffs for mind.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by Ebonn
There are only 3 ways to increase your mind in the game.

1) use stat migration.
2) take Muon Gold ( a spice, lasts 10 minutes then you get a downer )
3) watch a master dancer/muscian when you have no BF or mind wounds ( this short term buff only lasts a few minutes )

So taking medic wont help in any way, even Docters cant use there buffs for mind.

i see.. what im saying is tho, a friend of mine who recently took up the medic proffesion now has nearly the same size mind bar as his health bar. he started with the same as me, very little mind and most health. so what im saying is, using the medic skill must raise your mind naturally?

/edit

also.. i might aswel ask... DO your say.. HPs actually increase the more u say.. fight or something? as in, surely a teras kasi master would have far more HP than i do currently.

this is an area of the game that is hugely over looked in the manual/ingame help... theres nothing remotely explaining anything about this.

E

Ebonn

using the medic skill must raise your mind naturally?

No.

also.. i might aswel ask... DO your say.. HPs actually increase the more u say.. fight or something? as in, surely a teras kasi master would have far more HP than i do currently.

No.

Each race has a set amount of stat points, with certain min/max for each stat depending on your race.

A master Bounty hunter will have the same amount of stat points as a noobie artisan aslong as there the same race ofc.

Its all about using stat migration to get them to what you want, then you can also get buffs which last a certain amount of time, Enhance buffs from Docters, spices from smuggler and food/drink from chefs.

R

--Random--

No.

No.

Each race has a set amount of stat points, with certain min/max for each stat depending on your race.

A master Bounty hunter will have the same amount of stat points as a noobie artisan aslong as there the same race ofc.

Its all about using stat migration to get them to what you want, then you can also get buffs which last a certain amount of time, Enhance buffs from Docters, spices from smuggler and food/drink from chefs.

but.. that makes no sense. as i said, my friend, who started at the same time as me, and started as the same race and a marksman, he had EXACTLY the same health/action/mind as me. then, he took up medic, he's never touched stat migration, but now his mind is higher than both his health AND action. he's never used any buffs or stat migration, he says his mind bar just increased on its own while he used stim packs etc.

S

Serbitar

As a Twi'Lek medic i have 1100 mind and 775 health and action, with maxed focus and willpower, with the H and A secondary stats at base (i.e. as low as poss)

Why do i need to bother about special cost or regen rates when i have stims :D

(Novice doc in about 10k medic exp, Novice CM in about 10k combat exp)

D

dweam

he says his mind bar just increased on its own while he used stim packs etc.

Then your friend is having a laugh...

O

old.Tbird

I assume you haven't got any mind wounds? Otherwise I agree your friend is taking the piss :)

E

Ebonn

I have very strong reason to belive Thrawn = Karam!

Making a new BW account cant save you ! :p

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by Serbitar
Why do i need to bother about special cost or regen rates when i have stims :D

Yep very true, but dont expect to be able to fit into any of the high end armour with low secandary stats, ofc if you have no intention of wearing armour then theres no problem :)

R

--Random--

I have very strong reason to belive Thrawn = Karam!

Making a new BW account cant save you ! :p

its THAWN, and why would you think im Karam??

<hates it when people think he's named after thrawn>

A

Alrindel

If your friend really does have more total points in his stat pool than he is supposed to, then his character is bugged. There was a hotfix a few weeks ago that corrected some characters whose stats were buggy, and there was at least one exploit in beta that let you award yourself more total points than you were supposed to be able to have at character creation, but that was patched before release.

Right now the smart move on stats is to go high mind, focus, and willpower, because a master doctor can apply enhance packs of up to +2500 health, constitution, strength, action, stamina and quickness that last between one and two hours, and health/action is healable in combat. Mind buffs (food/spice) are much more limited, and mind damage can't be healed. This is also why SWG PVP is just people running around spamming Head Shot and Eye Shot at one another - whoever can do the most mind damage in the first 5 seconds, wins.

Users who are viewing this thread