Games Star Trek MMO

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I doubt it will be a LOTRO type f2p as PW isn't keen on restricting gameplay content.

But it all depends on how much freedom they gave Cryptic when they bought them. I'm pretty sure Cryptic at least tried to keep their C-store model as is or make it even more a "must use".

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't think Cryptic did anything, I don't think they had any say in the matter and they were sold like a piece of meat. As for the C-Store it's tucked away and it doesn't have to be touched to get the most out of the game, it would be a shame if it became a "buy the new mission content at the c-store" only model.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well, as a lifetimer, I can't say I'm impressed.

F2P | Star Trek Online Official Site

Basically limited inventory and no bonus points for not being a subscriber.

Also "priority login" if you are a subscriber... lolffsdumb.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Wow, that's..... that's..... not much of a reason to pay tbh....

This can't be everything tho, it just can't.

There has to be something to make us want to subscribe...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm so happy i can't post on that forum, i'd get banned in no time for swearing at Cryptic... :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You been keeping an eye on this ongoing dissaster Mystic? :)

God DAMN they really want this game to fail... :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The latest patch has gone live in December, there are some fun bits (mostly because I'm playing with a mate) but there's still plenty for them to work on :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Everything even remotely good is gonna end up costing money. :) And crafting is apparently almost out of the question now.

I actually resubbes for this patch, kinda regretting it now. :(

Tho it did get me 2 more KFD LG's in 2 says... >.<

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Crafting isn't out of the question, it's just harder to do through "purchase" of materials because they're all now linked to cryptic points so you're more conscious that "if I spent 400k energy credits" that you can't use them for something else.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Dont forget

3) Hot female ensigns in miniskirts
4) Hot green alien chicks in mini skirts.
5) Random Hot Alien chicks in mini skirts.

Yup there sure is possiblities.
Seen my little female yoda?

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Nah I gave up its too annoying, with pvp... and swtor etc!! I've had my fun in startrek but I think its just going to get more and more retarded. More p2w shit consoles that just make spacepvp stupid. Well anyhow after it goes free2play maybe I login for abit.

Oh and yeah those developers have had the information about dubble shields and dubble commander bo's for 4-5 months and 10months for that commander bo bug.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwDnbgSCdOI
< I posted this in SSR (Subspace-radio.net) irc and it was actually then it started to happen something because their hand was forced then.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah, the shields thing is bullshit. I've not done PvP since because it's so awful.

Even STOked went for it this week.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Seems to be a really frequent occurrence that. I've pvp'd a bit since resubbing and there are LOADS of players running around with virtually unlimited shields.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ctuchik said:
Oh and here's a pretty well rounded post as to why crafting isn't going to be viable, at any level.

The only thing he forgot to mention is that the STF's grants better purples then a maxed out crafter can make and takes a LOT less time to get.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3853743&postcount=27
crafting certainly has been links to cash with the introduction of items that cannon be replicated. That said there's easily enough drops from missions to offset any effects.

Cash in STO will be a time saver. Can't be bothered to scan for items? Chuck cash at it. Can't be bothered to craft? Chuck cash at it.

The real top level gear still requires you play the game though (special task forces) so there's still something there for your troubles.

The question really is, will that last?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Knowing Cryptic?

No it will not last.

Once they realize that Dilithium is useless once you hit 45+, they will force something new on the players that makes them have to use it.

Well actually, Dilithium is useless period, as nothing that is for sale pre 45 is worth wasting dilithium on, not even the ships as one month of sub is enough to guarantee that you can level 6 toons to 50 and take advantage of the free ship tokens.

And as mentioned, once you can run STF's there's no NEED for Dilithium.

I wonder when Cryptic runs out of bullets, because the amount of times they have shot themselves in the foot with this "F2P" crap.........

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Played a bit last weekend, first time since I left 6 months after release. Got back into it quite quickly and noticed how much has changed, though I don't know if its a bug or what but all my skill points don't seem to be spent and I can't spend them, yet perks I have unlocked are still selectable?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You should be able to re-spend them, if you can't then submit a ticket mate. The basic criteria behind that is that they've changed the skill trees so now instead of say phaser/plasma/etc specialities you would have Beam Weapons instead.

If you're online and want to do some missions, hit me up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
giving this a go - tried this very very briefly when it was newer just wasnted willing to shell out for it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone who's into trek needs to come back before this weekend for sure.

Ever wondered what happened to that Dominion fleet that the prophets made disappear in DS9?

View: http://youtu.be/B5znfFotn0A

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Roo Stercogburn said:
I briefly dabbled after it went F2P but I can't be doing with the ground combat.

Did you try the FPS mode Roo?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
FPS mode is not good either. It feels like i'm aiming through a fucking sponge....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just don't expect any "twitch" action though Roo. It's sluggish like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom