Spooky

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ok, there I am a couple of hours ago, lounging on the sofa in the front room, listening to Yello's 'Call it Love', having a whale of a time. The lights are low, the cat is going daft on the carpet with its catnip-flavoured fluffy toy, and I'm getting a bit sleepy.

Suddenly, I notice that the cat has stopped playing with the toy, and is staring intently at the hifi:

ghost%20detection%20cat.jpg

Ok, well it was looking at the time. Take my word for it.

Bizarrely, the cat starts going mad. It starts meowing, and pacing around the hifi like its just seen a nice ripe sparrow (wearing a 'eat me now you saucy devil' t-shirt). The only thing moving on the hifi is the turntable, which the cat cannot see from its angle.

I'm sat there, wondering what all the fuss is about, when out of the corner of my eye, I see movement. I turn my head to look straight at the hifi, and for a couple of seconds, I see what I can only describe as a smudge, on the lower left corner of the turntable. I move my head away, and the smudge vanishes.

Now my first thought, and probably yours too, would be that somebody like me who wears spectacles might just need to wash them a bit more often. The thing is, I moved my head around to try and replicate the smudge, and couldn't.

Meanwhile, the cat is still going daft, meowing and pacing and occasionally standing on hind legs to look up at the turntable. I slowly get up, have a look to see if anything is there, and see nothing. I then pick the cat up, and put it on top of the turntable (something for which the gods of audiophilia will cast me into hell). The cat still isn't satisfied, and proceeds to stand up and try and climb up the mirror.

It only calms down when I pick it back up, stroke it once or twice, and put it down.

I've lived in this house for 2 1/2 years, and not heard or seen a peep of anything strange. Now I'm quacking my pants at the thought of sleeping. Who knows how many people have died over the years in this house? What strange things happened before even my dad was a twinkle in my Grandfather's eye?

Fuck this shit. I'm buying a brand new house from now on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
you sure you didnt get another job on that crappy mystic tv series?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You know that bit in The Fifth Element, where Ruby Rod has the gun and is screaming 'wuwuwuwuwwhatdoIdowhatdoIdo!'?

Thats me now. God damn I have to be up early tomorrow for work, why did this have to happen tonight ffs! I'm taking this cat everywhere in the house with me from now on. It is my official ghost detection unit.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi.

Ghosts. Don't. Exist.

Ok. Seriously.
It was most likely just a spider or whatever. How the hell did you get from "smudge" to "completely irrational fear of dying"?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
My dog acts very strange sometimes looking at the doorway of my living room or standing up/sitting down like someone is coming to see it(the dog just gazes into doorway, you can't even distract it sometimes) and when it has i have felt real cold nearby because i sit close to the doorway usually(i can't really describe the feeling but you certainly know something is near you due to the sudden drop of temperature and it can be scarey)

Trust me ghosts do exist, you do not have to believe in them which is fair enough since everyone has their own opinion but do not blame me when you experience one, it can be very strange and heartbeating.(though some people never do in their lifetime :/ i am actually interested in all strange things people can't explain so)

My father has very odd experiences at his brother's house which was on the news once due to the odd things happening there because apparently a little boy was murdered by his mother there and she killed herself.I been there a few times, though i am not going back for certain since the place really does scare me(i went upstairs there and was really ill like someone had punched me real hard in the stomach).Also my father has lost many good friends recently which is why my dog could be acting strange afterall where do spirits go when people pass away? no one knows but i truely believe some stay around you.

That's all true and that smudge may be a spirit giving you a message, you have any close friends/relatives or anyone you have known die in the past?it could be them seeing you, but that does sound odd.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I'm more concerned about the cat on the turntable, did it enjoy spinning around?

I may try it with my dog.

amobea

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the cat could hear a mouse or summat in the wall cavity behind the HiFi ?

Smudge could be damn anything... I always get wierd artifacts in my vision as i can see differences in the thickness of the liquid over my eye - apparenlty most people can't. Sometimes it's blurry sometimes it's crisp sometimes i can't see it at all. Ocasionally I'll notice it and not be sure whats going on, then realise what it is.

If you're really that paranoid about it - you shouldn't be - get a nice doctor to give you a big persription for valium :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Is it possible your catnip flavour has no catnip in it? I.e. the flavour has been recreated, and not used?

Cos the cat behaviour you describe is a lot like a cat after a small dose of catnip. A proper dose and they roll around on the floor mewing constantly in orgasmic pleasure. I'd say you didn't see anything.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tom, what you need is a young priest and an old priest...

Or just go to sleep and wait for the ghostly one to

*ahem*

:sex:

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
You were tired, and groggy. The cat had a "catnip-flavoured fluffy toy" which I'm told cats love, but it's a drug and drives them barmy. Two factors which might of caused the odd events that night :).

Chances are it was nothing, although if it happens again...

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to believe in ghosts, but i'm far too rational.

I would probably say your cat was attracted to the record player by its movement/noise. This in turn made you think something was 'weird' and your tired brain turned this into something in the corner of your eye.

Spirits, souls, ghosts, I mean if you think about it logically .. wft? Its just something someone, somewhere thought up to stop the more emotional, gullable types from going crazy ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
TBH I reckon the cat was beamoning the fact that the turntable looks a bit too 70's for it's taste.....

.....it seems as plausible as the ghost story to me :m00:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, ordinarily I would put it down to blurred vision, but the cat saw the 'smudge' first. It was the cat's strange behaviour (it has never, EVER acted like that) that caused me to look at the hifi, and only then did I see this funny smudge. I could perhaps elaborate, and say that it was a small cloud of fog (if you look at the photo, the smudge would be about the same size as the cd lying on the floor), but it was only there for a few seconds, so I wouldn't be too sure about saying that.

The cat really did go mental. Thinking about it, the catnip toy was in the other room, it was actually playing with the woolen yellow jangly ball that you can see on the floor (thats where it saw the 'smudge' from). That toy has no catnip in it. The cat was meowing constantly, running/pacing around the hifi, and trying to jump onto the turntable. Its never shown the slightest bit of interest in it before, and I checked, no spiders up there :) It absolutely cannot see the platter spinning from the floor.

Why would a cat suddenly stop playing with a toy, and go beserk trying to jump up onto the turntable, and why at the same time would I see something so weird? These kind of visual artefacts don't suddenly appear from nowhere, and my glasses were quite clean (if it was the glasses, I would have been able to replicate the smudge).

It freaked me out. Luckily I'm overnighting for a job tomorrow, so old ghosty won't be able to bother me tonight.

Gray

FH is my second home
Maybe it was the other kitty, come to say its "goodbyes" to the other cat...

Never know! hm

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Did anyone catch the program last week "The Worlds Scariest Ghosts - caught on camera", plenty to shit yourself at there. It had video footage of the swirling mist/fog moving around inside the basement of a house, and outside another (in some woods - Blair witch stylee)...recommended.

:eek6:

gremlin

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom, you know theres only one thing left to do now? Call in Derek Acorah!!

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Pull out the ouijii board!

I'll even come over (since you live in Manc) and help with a séance if needed :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Nightchill said:

I'll even come over (since you live in Manc) and help with a séance if needed :)

Before you start to try and raise the dead and who knows what else maybe you should know what you're doing first? Like maybe spell the name of your tool correctly? It's "Ouija", essentially "yes yes". Oui = french for yes, ja = german for yes.

Little niggle there.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
My apologies, I was being facetious. On the subject of ghosts, spirits, the afterlife, I'm somewhat skeptical. Though, at the same time, I'm not sure how to explain it logically.

Correct spelling noted for future reference.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i'm dead and i use the internet just fine.

EDIT: No wait...i'm just pale because i'm a nerd...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nightchill said:

You can fuck right off mate :D

I'm going to borrow my friend's digital camcorder with nightvision (long story but mine is the subject of an insurance claim after being dropped down a rockface) and leave it running one night, just to see if anything is captured.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Though I've never seen any myself, I do believe ghosts exist. I'd also like to think I have a little self-proof that I can believe in. When I was young, growing up in Hawaii, there was an old Opu (a stone pestal used by native hawaiians to grind poi) that lived out in the BirdRoom ( my grandmother collects exotic birds as pets ) on a small table in the corner next to the standing freezer. It had never moved from that spot since I had been born, and I was told that the table had been used by my Great grandma to grind Poi and Ginger and such on special occasions, and it was a very special thing for her, because it always meant a birth, death, or marriage, of someone in the family. No matter what we did there was always the smell of Poi and Ginger in that corner. One day, I got a little curious. I was all by myself at home, and I decided to have a look at the thing. I remember it was REALLY heavy, at least, back then it was, 10 or 15 pounds. I took it to the guest bedroom and promptly forgot about it. Two days later as I walked past that spot, I smelled ginger. I looked up, and there it was, in the same spot I had taken it from, and forgotten about it. Now whether My grandma or mom or dad or someone merely found it and put it back, I don't know....but I will always believe it was my Great Gramma looking out for her most beloved possession.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
gef said:
I'd like to believe in ghosts, but i'm far too rational.
Prove to me the non-existence of ghosts :)

Sorry, but most just seem to think that because there are other explanations - ones that are proven true in other situations - means that ghosts don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom