Spirit of the game

E

elbeek

Originally posted by moona
did he made a flamethread? dont think so
he wanted to construct something....
not to destruct:/
its the peoples who answered who started the flamethread

and King Ironheart of Barrows is just a ROLE he plays in a ROLEPLAYINGgame, ok he maybe plays a asshole, be an asshole INGAME back not here

aargh , i dont give a shit anymore , dont play DAOC anymore

i'll have a happy fantasylife in SWG

/salute

Firstly his attitude to others is shit, always has been. This is why he gets flammed, notwithstanding his holier than thou attitude to respected members of the realm.

Secondly, he roleplays as an arsehole and then uses the excuse that it was in the spirit of the game. That is bollox. You cannot expect anyone who has seen/heard him in action to take anything he says seriously.

Game or not, there are rl people on the keyboard, and I have yet to meet anyone who will take the kind of shit he dishes out.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
lol, ok, that's it :)

indeed, claiming keeps with one guild is not possible, true
give them eras, guard the gorge between pennine and hadrians, let the other keeps be taken by those experimentating guilds :)

ok, this was a bugg in my idea.. i ain't perfect sorry

all i want ppl to start realizing is that this game has got a real purpose and it is living in a realm wich you defend with you fictional character...

i know my RPchar always is shouting out of barrows that all suck etc... but that's iron....
and like this lireichunk and the arch enemies of iron that seem to be always undermining every idea that is constructive or at least a try in posting a constructive idea....

these people hide in great guild because they are protected but as i have seen them in RVR they suck so haaaard... no group work at all... well that is the kind of reaction you can expect from premature teenagers playing their game and not caring about other ppl's idead....

erm, a bug? afraid it was a gapping hole the size of a planet.

Some of us tried to defend against the last mid relic raid but the 15 of us or so at Xcal kinda got squashed, I dont recall seeing your name on the death spam.

Lead by example, dont dictate and you'll earn respect, you under- mine your own arguments by having a grossly flawed plan and you expect people to take you seriously.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by moona
O M G its the "all against Ironheart" post again
cant you give this guy ONE chance ?

or all you all 12 y old kids?

No, he's an idiot.

T

thorwyntf

my friend this is a roleplay GAME
even a massive multiplayer rpg

Yes! And "roleplaying game" means a genre, not how it´s supposed to be played. There are servers dedicated to those people who really want to play the concept of this game to the extremes. Excalibur is not one of them. So you´re the alien here who fails to understand the spirit - not of the game - but the spirit of this server.

wich the creators of this game had to narrow because loads of ppl have NO knowledge of what type of game they baught.

That´s what you keep saying like a mantra. I think that´s a rather bold statement. Just because you enjoy playing this game the way you do doesn´t mean that everybody else doesn´t understand it. It´s just plain elitism bollocks. "I´m a roleplayer, I know what roleplay means, you guys are ignorant kids."
Dude, I think it´s safe to say that I´m playing RPG´s, all kinds of, longer than you are, almost 20 years. Still, I don´t feel the urge to tell anybody how to play this game and I most certainly don´t consider other people clueless idiots because they got different POV´s and goals in DAOC.
Again, if you´re a hardcore roleplayer, then this is the wrong server, plain and simple. Dont´try to transfer the concepts of a roleplay server to this one and for god´s sake: stop considering yourself something better because you´re a roleplayer. With every sentence you drop accusing people here being unable to tell RL from fiction, you´re proving, that you are the one that doesn´t understand the concept of this game... and how it´s being played here.

K

kirennia

person X:I am the king...
person Y:No you arent
person X:fuck off wanker
person Y:excuse me?
person X:I said fuck off, I own these parts.

person X steals person Ys money

person Y:what did you do that for?
person X:Hey, I'm only role playing, now sod off.....

Anyonelse see why some people might get annoyed if people roleplay in the wrong context? Not saying Ironheart did this but the fact is, you cannot roleplay an asshole and then come on here, also a forum for the game and pretend it's all roses. Do you really think people would like it and excuse it if some1 entered the game, started up a scandal where they conned everyone out of their cash that they had spent a year and a half raising and then came on here saying ...hey, but I was only roleplaying...

Exact same context...roleplaying doesn't excuse a persons every action

M

m4rk

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
dear MR Reetbeek aka elbeek

i will do like you do, flame me again!!

because the moderator on this site/forum is you guildmember and probably is incapable to warn you the way he warned me....
Tildai is you in game mate wich seems to be giving you the priveledge of flaming ppl without consequences as would other do it would get spanked by his royal highness the moderator

i will be honest with you... ironheart is a king, you are a moron in game, that is a mere fact.. your utter dissapointing statement here just proves that you can not accept that i do what i want...
it seems you are the mindless person here that should be sodding of to another server... i do nothing wrong .... you do my friend... you make things personal, so pls.....
go back to your guild and as Ironheart would say, incompetence rules RVR

what is say is : "things could be different but a lot of REAl life reason makes it VERRY hard to accomplish...

so MR assbeek, i think it is about time you started growing up for a change and if you would have a certain age then i would suggest you started reading more information on what type of game you play... instead of blindfouldedly following the order of your ingame "leaders".

omg rofl proper ass

E

earath

I totally agree with thorwyntf's last post. Always nice to meet another old skool roleplayer (been RP'ing over 20 yrs now)

/bow
/respect

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom