Spirit of the game

D

DeaD GuRu

Where is it?

ok albion exc evaluatoin:

No roleplay in a roleplaygame, those who try are laughed upon, missjudged and get personal abuse if they act a role wich does not please someone out of this game. Ok, that's the least of my probs to be honest, gave the idea a thought, gave it a try... all i have left of it is a serious hangover :)

RVR

guilds, albion united, albion defending realm? Some ppl do try, or better some guilds do try. BUT

no one gives a shit about the SPIRIT of defending our own realm first, getting our own material back...

PPL blame the mids and hibs to be lame, relic raids in downtime beeing overpowered.......

HEY PPL WAKE UP.... ALBION PLAYERS ARE TO BLAME NOT MIDS OR HIBS

ALBION RVR PLAYERS ONLY KNOW ONE WORD : RR10
they do NOT care how they got it, they want LOADS of RP and they do not even care what the state of ALBION is......
EMAIN zerging the way to farm RP! Yes, so true, but such a fucked up concept.

It is almost impossible to keep our realm guarded 24/24 7/7 , that is something that no one can change. People deceide their playing hours... the game doesn't deceide that.
And i do understand that guarding a realm is soooooooooo boooooring. Most of the time no attempts will be made to enter our realm because they would eventually know that we are defended in our fronteer.
That would be the point where Albion could START TO THINK about expanding our realm in the OTHER fronteers. But hey, noooo, let's go to Mid claim some totally useless keep to prove the Albs our guild rules !!! rooooaaar we are Uber, we claimed a keep, kept it for two hours then we got zerged!! but that was so much fun there!!
(i hope you notice the irony)

well that's it for the destructive thoughts.... now a couple of constructive ideas.

US people an European ppl occupy this server. Why don't we try to get some US gamers to guild up and let em do the job in our downtime in europe?
(just an idea, lol, i know it seems weird, but think of it :) )

And second idea... Let there be a Zillion guild in PVE in albion, let those guilds expermentate in battlegrounds and even wander in normal RVR. These guilds are mostly friends...but when it comes to the REAL thing ... create ONE RVR guild... a well known guild, a guild where everybody CAN enter. Let the guild take care of fieldpractise and group training, ( i do think that major RVR guilds do train in tactics on some other spot then emain ) . This guild should have voulanteers who would love to help the newly recruited members in basic tactics...

wot ya think of da constructive side?

greetz :)

ps: this may all seem militairy, but hey, you are fighting a war, who fights wars???

G

Galiryn

what fedaykin said..

edit - BTW . who are you ?

B

benedictines

Actually I agree with everything you say.

This is, however, an online game with muliplte interests and agendas - I would imagine its pretty rare to see the comeback we have seen Mid make in recent months (I remember the time when Albs camped MTK emain and poor Mids couldnt move)

Whether Albs could unite and make a difference remains to be seen. It would take an extremely influential indivudal to do that; from what I gather thats what happened in Mid.

The rest of your ideas would work too; however the organisation and reorg would be huge.

If you think you can do it or have bright ideas it does help to post a siggy - people tend not to listent to /anons.

D

Dardamein

Welcome to roleplay with us in The Choir.

L

Lireihuan.china

I believe everyone know his char's name
Mr ironheart ------ claimed himself as king of barrows
i don't give a shit about that.
u think u know the spirit of this game, and u trying to convice everyone that your idea is true. it's a roleplay game, everyone got his own way to see in this game.
roleplay

And Respect the ppl Who do RvR more than you, and stop blaming them because they didn't defend relic or keep.
In some way, RR10>king of barrows. so stop camping barrows ,stop wasting time on BW and get your ass to emain and do some RVR.

D

DeaD GuRu

lbion would succeed in

Why does this Lireihuan offend me?

Why should i respect RVR ppl?

As if i don't.. i have respect for guilds and RVR-ppl that are able to DO VALID AND USEFULL THINGS for Albion.

want a clever idea??? instead of trying to shoot an old cow here listen to this punk :

Get two relics back, ONLY two for starters. Do as most RVR-guilds do now, CLAIM our keeps AND DEFEND THEM.

that latter part is something you will have to look up in the tactical-dictionary.

If Albion would succeed in doing so, and they should start PATROLING hadrianswall with scouts, infis, mincers etc...
We could Draw the attention to our fronteer and keep it here.
Instead of focussing ALL in HIBERNIA , give the Mids and Hibs a reason to port to our fronteer. Keep this up for a couple of days (for starters) to get the pressure off the kettle.... THEN THINK OF INVADING ENEMY TERRITORY.

If all you "so called" uber guilds, RVR guilds can manage this... give back the power albs gain from their relics... defend those at all cost.... even think of getting more relics.....

if WE can manage in doing this then the basic spirit of the game would be here.......and we would not have to fear Nolby shite or whatever they are called.

ok, i won't make a fuss of it before they all say "you take this game too serious".....

I don't take this game to serious, hehe, other ppl have lack of interest in the real meaning of this game ;-)

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by benedictines
Actually I agree with everything you say.

This is, however, an online game with muliplte interests and agendas - I would imagine its pretty rare to see the comeback we have seen Mid make in recent months (I remember the time when Albs camped MTK emain and poor Mids couldnt move)

Whether Albs could unite and make a difference remains to be seen. It would take an extremely influential indivudal to do that; from what I gather thats what happened in Mid.

The rest of your ideas would work too; however the organisation and reorg would be huge.

If you think you can do it or have bright ideas it does help to post a siggy - people tend not to listent to /anons.

thanks for your input

you are so right..

organisation with that idea would indeed take a tremendous ammount of work, i know. May even seem to be a dream.

hehe, and about the listening part :) ppl don't listen in an ORPG. PPl do what they want, whenever they want, with whom they want. If they happen to be in a guild (as here in daoc) they will only help that guild if they have the time (wich is normal ). Most ppl even haven't got the initiative to make things happen....

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by <Lireihuan>
I believe everyone know his char's name
Mr ironheart ------ claimed himself as king of barrows
i don't give a shit about that.
u think u know the spirit of this game, and u trying to convice everyone that your idea is true. it's a roleplay game, everyone got his own way to see in this game.
roleplay

And Respect the ppl Who do RvR more than you, and stop blaming them because they didn't defend relic or keep.
In some way, RR10>king of barrows. so stop camping barrows ,stop wasting time on BW and get your ass to emain and do some RVR.
iron, you know how i think about you xD

E

--Eraser--

ahah thats you ironheart....:m00:
what a waste of time reading this :)

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by --Eraser--
ahah thats you ironheart....:m00:
what a waste of time reading this :)

naaah, ironheart is a character, i just posted this

but i love the way Iron used to kick butt to be honest.

most ppl that have met ironheart lately will not have many neg comment, but hey, history has been written ;-) he is an utter twat, ass, whatever :) and i love em :)

G

Gaisil

I know I ain't an alb anymore

but a couple of people are just flaming Dead Guru ( not Ironheart it's a role he plays ) just because he atleast TRIES to show where the problem lies , if everyone knows it and everyone acts blind u'll get nowhere , some people have to say stand up and unite , give those people a chance ...

M

moona

man man man i'm a happy i dont play this game anymore .

i think if i 'll come back in 2 years its still the same shit

whine , whine ,whine

Ironheart go for it m8 , you have some good ideas and you speak the thruth ( not allways , but you have made some good point)

o well time for some chocolates

bb

G

gunner440

Re: lbion would succeed in

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
i have respect for guilds and RVR-ppl that are able to DO VALID AND USEFULL THINGS for Albion.

u could delete and im sure you'll earn a lot of respec from us albs.

T

thorwyntf

Problem with your ideas are the tiny word "let there...".
You mentioned roleplay. In a roleplay, you´re playing the character you chose and want to play. There´s nobody to tell you "hey, the realm is short of mages, go play a mage now for the good of the realm."
But that´s exactly what you´re proposing. What if people don´t want to join your Zillion Guild? What if they don´t want to experimentate in BG? As you said, people tend not to listen and do what they want. And that´s a good thing because DAOC is a game. We´re not fighting a war. The US and their peons do that. We´re playing a game and everybody can chose when and how to play it. If it´s the ultimate goal for somebody to reach RR10, it´s not up to you or anybody else to point your finger on that and mourn over the rotten state of Albion´s spirit.
And now lets imagine that all your ideas would come true. Everything would be just like you say. What would we have what would the difference be?

3 relics

...nothing more.

B

bob007

Where is it?

And second idea... Let there be a Zillion guild in PVE in albion, let those guilds expermentate in battlegrounds and even wander in normal RVR. These guilds are mostly friends...but when it comes to the REAL thing ... create ONE RVR guild... a well known guild, a guild where everybody CAN enter. Let the guild take care of fieldpractise and group training, ( i do think that major RVR guilds do train in tactics on some other spot then emain ) . This guild should have voulanteers who would love to help the newly recruited members in basic tactics...

Besides the fact you forgot to mention Fun Which is the reason most ppl Play this game. I found this bit intresting (at best).

1 (ONE) RvR guild for the whole realm. Ok we have relics. Which lvl 1 keep would YOU like it to claim ?

And what should we do about the other 5 (five) lvl 1 keeps in our frountier ?

B

Bellona

bob got a point there, there is need for 6 guilds with enough bp to hold high lvl keep while having relics.

and one big rvr guild would never work, gc would be complete spam, and many people who dont like other people and therefor wont be in same guild etc.

L

Lireihuan.china

Re: lbion would succeed in

other ppl have lack of interest in the real meaning of this game ;-)
Again Stop Convicing ppl that What you think is true.
you are not even in a guild, how the hell can u claim a keep?

O

old.Ramas

no one gives a shit about the SPIRIT of defending our own realm first, getting our own material back...

People did, when we had relics.

Now those people don't go to the alb frontier not least becuase they are bored of listening to idiots shout about keeps that don't matter.

If you mean actually getting the relics back, again, I note that nobody who has ever whined on barry's world about our shortage of relics has ever organised a relic raid.

PPL blame the mids and hibs to be lame, relic raids in downtime beeing overpowered.......

No, people blame GOA for providing a server which forces hibgard to raid during the off hours.

I'm not sure if you actually play on excal, but if you did, you'd know that there has not been a successful raid on castle excalibur during the hours of any significant online population in over a year.

ALBION RVR PLAYERS ONLY KNOW ONE WORD : RR10

That's 3 words.

That would be the point where Albion could START TO THINK about expanding our realm in the OTHER fronteers. But hey, noooo, let's go to Mid claim some totally useless keep to prove the Albs our guild rules !!! rooooaaar we are Uber, we claimed a keep, kept it for two hours then we got zerged!! but that was so much fun there!!

As you would know if you understood the rules of DAOC, this does more for alb then standing about contemplating our navels in the alb frontier.

Firstly, obviously no. Because the vast majority of people want to PvE and RvR.

Secondly how would a single over-full chat channel help?

Thirdly, as above, it would make frontier defence impossible since once we have relics all the keeps need (and under normal circumstances have) major guilds installed in them.

---------------

Look, if someone wants to change the relic situation then it's time to put up or shut up.

Whining on here achieves two things...

1) Jack
2) Shit

There has never been a time when alb hasn't been willing to raid in massive numbers for the relics.

There has never been a time when alb has not been willing to defend relics.

You want someone defending the alb frontier? Then you know what you have to do. Put a damn relic in it.

The day someone who has actually bothered to organise a relic raid in the past comes on here and tells me about issues with the way alb organises itself I might start to take them seriously.

K

Kagato.

I think I saw the spirit of the game once, he conned orange at level 8, thing he was near prydwen keep somewhere....

V

vulcan1337

I completely agree with thorwyntf, who are YOU to tell people what the Spirit of the game is?? If you would have read the manual before you started this game, you should have read that PvP is included but that people who don't want to do it, DON'T have to. Just because you feel we should have all our keeps at all time, and some relics too, doesn't mean others care for that too. If people only do RvR for RP, it's their choice and no one should have anything against it.
Do what you want in the game, no one should tell you how to play it!

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Kagato.
I think I saw the spirit of the game once, he conned orange at level 8, thing he was near prydwen keep somewhere....

lol, ok, that's it :)

indeed, claiming keeps with one guild is not possible, true
give them eras, guard the gorge between pennine and hadrians, let the other keeps be taken by those experimentating guilds :)

ok, this was a bugg in my idea.. i ain't perfect sorry

all i want ppl to start realizing is that this game has got a real purpose and it is living in a realm wich you defend with you fictional character...

i know my RPchar always is shouting out of barrows that all suck etc... but that's iron....
and like this lireichunk and the arch enemies of iron that seem to be always undermining every idea that is constructive or at least a try in posting a constructive idea....

these people hide in great guild because they are protected but as i have seen them in RVR they suck so haaaard... no group work at all... well that is the kind of reaction you can expect from premature teenagers playing their game and not caring about other ppl's idead....

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by vulcan1337
I completely agree with thorwyntf, who are YOU to tell people what the Spirit of the game is?? If you would have read the manual before you started this game, you should have read that PvP is included but that people who don't want to do it, DON'T have to. Just because you feel we should have all our keeps at all time, and some relics too, doesn't mean others care for that too. If people only do RvR for RP, it's their choice and no one should have anything against it.
Do what you want in the game, no one should tell you how to play it!

absolutely true, i don't need to DEMAND ppl will do it, i just offered an idea.... wich is more then most other here seem to do.... all ppl do is claim their fun in their time no matter what other think of the same game....

discussion will always be held....

and hereby i personally won't bother suggesting anything any more to these annoying kids out here that have got lack of brains like gunnerr and lirei....

i have my own guild, wich most don't even seem to know about, and i'm an rvr player, wich most ppl don't even seem to know, because i do what i need to do... i roam HW and scout for traffic... a couple of weeks ago Shadowlords society was standing on HMG defending our realm... neat job... i went true the gate, and i posted them info on incomming traffic... to prove the effectivety of this type of gaming : when informed they wiped em out, if not informed (wich happened) they got whiped and the wall was empty again....

L

Lireihuan.china

and hereby i personally won't bother suggesting anything any more to these annoying kids out here that have got lack of brains like gunnerr and lirei....
Who is offending who?
well to get youself out of this embarrased situation, join a guild that can claim a keep with 10 lvl and endless guild bounty point, then talk about RVR. How can ppl believe/agree an idea that came from a Not-very-active RVR player ironheart compared to Brain-lacker like gunnerr and lirei?

D

DeaD GuRu

believe??

ppl appreciate every attempt?

wich is more to say then you are able to bring up

initiative , suggesting, trying, ever heard of these words in yur native tongue???

and if you would have read all, i did mention that indeed one guild can not claim all keep, i know that, and i confessed that my ideas ain't flawless BUT at least i do something with my brain instead of zerging all day farming RP to be the Uberguild in rvr..

and me not beeing verry active in rvr........

this just proves your lack of brain.... Iron does not need to be in rvr, i RP with em,

if you want to know i use my

lvl 50 necromancer
lvl 50 scout
lvl 50 cleric
lvl 46 infi
lvl 40 sorc
lvl 43 paldin

for different purposes, i have created these to do my bidding

so lirei gunner, instead of trying to tear me down here, why don't you try the following...

ok, your idea is .......

this is a flaw...

MAYBEE YOU COULD DO THIS.....

GET MY DRIFT

L

Lireihuan.china

lvl 50 necromancer
lvl 50 scout
lvl 50 cleric
lvl 46 infi
lvl 40 sorc
lvl 43 paldin
maybe you should not be ashame to give ur char's name

and btw i truly believe what u said is meaningless if u don't make any effort like lead a relic raid :)

i know i am sucked at keep defending & relic raid, so i keep silence and follow what leader says. If u wanna be the one in charge, u go head and see if any of ur barrows pals follow ur lead and grab the relic back to our home.

Before u do that, u r just a non-raidleading-experience player ironheart and offer us ur precious idea that can't be done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom