Special Assault or Heavy Assault

G

GregorFlambasto

more toys with special assault. Ground pounder Grenade Launcher, Rocklet Rifle and big rocket launcher. Thats what TR get whereas heavy assault is just one weapon in the form of a chaingun.

Go Special Assault unless your realm selection has a nice weapon for Heavy.

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah I figured I'd save Heavy assault when I had Certs to burn.

F

Faeldawn

NC Jackhammer shotgun is an incredible weapon, still debating if its worth 4 cert points tho.

Heavy assault is designed for CQB, Special isnt so its not really fair to compare them, each has its own uses.

Special assault is pretty good, specially the Thumper, its bugged tho atm, a lot of players have reported firing it at an enemy at zero range, killing the opponent and recieved zero damage themselves.

I tried it at close range and blew myself into next week, so it must be a bug that depends on other factors to spark it :)

T

Tenko

Reckon that Spec Assault is the way to go, it cost 1 cert less and has more utility to it.

Me? I'm gonna get both as I just love big fucking guns!

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Faeldawn
NC Jackhammer shotgun is an incredible weapon, still debating if its worth 4 cert points tho.

Speaking from a VS perspective, if we could get it for 5 cert points, It would be worth it.

It's insta kill at close range, wades thru MAX or grunts with np's.

Good thing most users of this weapon are stupid, or dumb.

P

[PS]Venom

Chaingun in incredible at mowing through loads of foot troops at close range.

Jackhammer is great for mowing down single hard targets or a load of people clustered together at short range.

Lasher... uh.. Lasher just looks pretty, slow projectiles that you have to be blind to miss. Does massive damage should it actually hit however.

Thankfully you CAN use the enemy Heavy Assault weaponry. :clap: My locker currently holds at least 5 Jackhammers and 2 chainguns. :)

Special assault is brilliant. 3 deadly weapons.

Thumper is versatile, good for hitting people who are clustered together at medium range, or just for popping a grenade into irritating soldiers. Sometimes a 1hit kill for re-inforced dependant on grenades used. Difficult to get the trajectory right at first though.

Rocket Rifle is used for pretty much anything. Takes infantry down in a few hits, hurts maxes bad, reasonable damage against vehicles. Collects grief like a bastard, ESPECIALLY in Maximum Carnage mode. (Alt fire where it looses off all the shots in the clip within a VERY short time)

Decimator is the single most powerful anti vehicle weapon in the game. 3 dumfire shots, disposable weapon. 2 shots from this takes a reaver down to 1/9 health. It has a 4x zoom and an altfire mode where you can use a missile cam to see how your aim is, and detonate prematurly if need be. Sniping with these babys makes Reaver pilots cry. Especially the dumb ones.

:D

P.S. SG commanders check yer frickin email :p

T

Tilda

I prefer special assult.
although the way lashers's "lash" make it great if your trying to fight your way though a base, ie enemies all next to each other down the corridor.
But decimators are just tooo nice
/em hugs his decimator ;)

Tilda

R

Roo Stercogburn

I haven't tried the heavy weapons. I'll respec and mess about til I find what I like but I REALLLLLLY like the special weapons.

Load up a guass rifle with a couple of decimators in your backpack.

Big fun.

My bebeh is the Phoenix though. I just love this toy, its a hoot :)

J

Jonaldo

TR chaingun is crap, had it for a day, it's fun if you like fighting 6 inches from the opposition but unfortunately you'll find yourself a bit dead by the time you get to them. To get a good rate of fire to kill people quickly you need to be firing for about 3 seconds first, but once you have this good rate of fire you can't accurately hit anything so will be relying on luck mostly to kill.

TR heavy weapon is a waste of 4 points, go special, sniper or MAX.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Game is way too laggy for proper sniping. :(

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Omniscieous
TR chaingun is crap, had it for a day, it's fun if you like fighting 6 inches from the opposition but unfortunately you'll find yourself a bit dead by the time you get to them. To get a good rate of fire to kill people quickly you need to be firing for about 3 seconds first, but once you have this good rate of fire you can't accurately hit anything so will be relying on luck mostly to kill.

Heavy weapons are designed for CQB and for CQB vs infantry troops they are the best non-max weapon available.

P

[PS]Venom

Plenty of Terrans use chainguns.

I fear the sound of one rattling off, to be perfectly honest. It's normally about that time I pull out my rocket rifle and stick it on boomstick mode.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Since Kreig started ranting and raving about how good the cycler is, I've started looting dead Terrans (evil opressors all of them...).

Amazing rate of fire and a nice 50 rounds clip.
Gauss rifle has more punch, though.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Stand indoors covering a cc room, wait for the enemy to get close (audio implant is REALLY sexy for this) pop out and cut them to shreds. If you're on the receiving end of that you're pretty much dead before you can react.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
Stand indoors covering a cc room, wait for the enemy to get close (audio implant is REALLY sexy for this) pop out and cut them to shreds. If you're on the receiving end of that you're pretty much dead before you can react.

Charged a TR cc with 3 jackhammers the other night, think we cut down about 20 TR before one of us died :)

J

Jonaldo

wtf is that VS weapon that totally ignores any armour? :rolleyes:

VS whine about their weapons suck etc etc but what is with a gun when I get hit about 3-4 times while wearing a reinf suit, I die and my armour level is still 100+ I may aswell be wearing the standard suit if reinf makes less than 50 difference to damage :mad:

P

[PS]Venom

wtf is that VS weapon that totally ignores any armour? :rolleyes:

VS whine about their weapons suck etc etc but what is with a gun when I get hit about 3-4 times while wearing a reinf suit, I die and my armour level is still 100+ I may aswell be wearing the standard suit if reinf makes less than 50 difference to damage :mad:

Jackhammer does the same but cuts through armour as well :p

I think you're talking about the Lasher. Our AI weapon. Yes, it's powerful, but it's soooooo easy to dodge. I only kill people when I manage to lead effectively or in very close quarters.

S

SilverHood

our AV weapon, the Lancer is pretty handy for gunning down grunts too

they have to be stationary tho.. still, 3 hits for a reinforced exo dude... :D

P

[PS]Venom

After testing the Lasher today I've come to the conclusion that it's completely and utterly nob.

Several times today I was taken out at close range by an agile exosuit grunt using the bog standard machine gun. The projectiles are just too goddamn slow to be of any use unless you're hitting a stationary target.

I will be loosing it tomorrow morning and get something more useful.

S

SilverHood

Got eng? medic? hacking?

Wish i had spare cert points myself :)

Got all my weapons now, just need hacking cert, health regen implant and audio amp implant... then I'll be a happy bunny :)

G

Gef

I used Jackhammer for a few days and came to the conclusion it was complete arse unless you rammed it down someones throat. Guess the same holds true of all the Heavy Weapons..

T

the_smurflord

I'm BR 9 atm.
I have 2 set ups.
Inside bases and close quaters, Punisher (with jammer grenades) and a jackhammer.
Outside and more open combat, Punisher with normal rounds and rockets, and a sniper rifle (got the x12 zoom implant).

It seems to work ok (apart from the lag).

I miss being able to drive anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread