U.S or Amsterdamned?

O

Old_Bean

With the European launch of PS comes a European server farm.
The European version of PS will allow you to connect to U.S. servers as well as the Amsterdam one.(According to several reports, I can't remember where exactly, but from the PS forums on the PS site).

So the question is, do we play on the "local" server and suffer the language barrier and traditional factionalisation the goes with it, or go with the yanks and their insufferable Americanism?

I'm gonna go with Amsterdam for a bit, mainly because of the time zone similarities (I was on one yank server at 7pm and they were talking about stopping for lunch).
If the language problem (on the Amsterdam server) proves to be a stumbling block in my enjoyment, I'll hightail it to the yank servers and grit my teeth.

I would make this a poll, but I don't seem to have that ability.
So your opinions if you have the time or inclination, thanks.

W

Will

Amsterdam. I may have to relearn my conversational French, but I really don't want to suffer a US ping.

X

Xtro

Errr...there is no language barrier imho.

I've played all kinds of FPS and a couple of mmorpgs with mainland europeans...most speak english better than us.

Vast majority of gamers from mainland Europe are from the scandinavian countries or Germany. I've been in guilds and clans with 'em and never had a problem, their english is great.

The only ones who seem to resist talking English are the French (even though they can), and the Spanish don't seem to be as fluent as the rest (although they try and are friendly enough).

There's nowhere near as many French gamers anyway...

I won't ever bother with the US, its not an issue at all imho. Oh and there are a HELL of a lot of Euros in the beta atm, I've been in a couple of all euro squads lately :).

C

Custy

aye, i play the German T2 servers most of the time now, hardly ever see anyone speaking anything other than English on there, even the welcome msg is English.

O

old.Iunliten

Amsterdam

No debate

Language barrier, don't make me laugh, the english DAoC servers are mainly made up of people who don't have english as native tounge. Yet on those servers it is hard to find someone not fluent in english.

And ping of <100 compared to >200 added to the fact that I bet all my friends from other games and RL will be on amsterdam, makes me choose it.

Serioulsy though Mung which game with laungage barrier have you played so far?
French people suck though they just refuse to talk english.

G

Gewny

hehe I have been in same guild as Xtro on daoc and sometimes hes right, the english can be sloppy. :)

I have tried TS with some of em and as long as they spoke to me I understood evry word but when speaking to each other (cuba and Styx) I couldent follow

BTW I am swedish :)

F

flownalk

would be nice if the server went up before release... so we can stress test it abit :D

beta ends next weekend doesnt it

T

tris-

be honest, the rest of europe speaks better english than England its self so you may aswell go with the Amsterdam server and play in the right time zone.

G

Gekul

I'll go with amsterdam, they have a nice network and in everygame I've played there isn't a language barrier. Infact, the US probably has more of one tbh :)

P

psykyker

Hey, everybody's English is better than mine (except the US bods) so Amsterdam it will be

S

subs0nic

As far as I can tell the info about an Amsterdam server was on the PS forum but was kinda sketchy. I'm sure it'll be there but I'd think there would be more than one european server in the long term.

F

Faeldawn

Will prolly play on Euro and East Coast servers tbh.

Met a lot of great US players in the Beta as well as a helluva lot of gr8 European players, lots of fun, so ill have the best of both worlds thx :)

E

Elhana

If?

From the PS main page....

Although players can choose to play on any server regardless of their geographic location, we do offer more local servers in order to provide a better gaming experience. Very soon we will be opening up servers in Europe to better serve our European players. Rest assured, however, that Outfits and Squads with members all over the world will be able to join each other and play on any server they choose. Let the battles begin, and we'll see you on Auraxis!

Users who are viewing this thread