sound

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
aint got ne sound on this pc need to dl the driver and i not sure which one to get or where to get it as most web sites i looked on want me to sign up or pay them :/

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Right, first off, what soundcard do you have (Manufacturer and model would be best if you can find out)? If you're unsure of this, who made your PC, and what model is that? Secondly, what operating system are you running (Windows XP, 2000 etc.)

Also, have you checked that the sound isn't simply turned down on your PC? In Windows, open the Control Panel and click 'Sounds and Audio' and check the settings.

Kind Regards

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, first off we're going to need much more in the way of system specifications than that. Most importantly, what sound card have you got? Is it built into the motherboard, or is it a PCI board? Also, have you still got the driver CD that came with it?

Also, while the "txt msg" style of post is tolerable in the general chat forums, it's really not going to make you any friends when you're asking a tech question. Post in proper sentences please.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
err ok. where do i go to find out what sound card ive got and aswell the sound only stopped working when i installed the network + ive got windows me

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
You could try looking in device manager and see how it describes your sound system.

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
try uninstalling and removing ur network card, move the sound card to another pci slot, get that working again, then try ur network card in all the remaining pci slots till they work :)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hello

Custodian has beaten FBM and I too it ;) If you look in the device manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager) you may be able to get your soundcard name from there.

It could be that there is just a conflict between the soundcard and the network card, so you may not even need drivers. Without more detail it's hard to say. If you have any kind of free technical support with your PC, you may want to use it.

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. This post is brought to you in association with fatbusinessman :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Recognising any conflicts should be fairly easy, by the way.

Once you go to the Device Manager as described above, any so called 'problem devices' will be highlighted with a "(!)" icon (black on yellow background). Additionally, the device tree that they are a part of will be expanded automatically (normally operating hardware will be collapsed away as usual).

If you visit the "Properties" box for any highlighted problem devices you may find a small description of the problem. You're very welcome to bring that back to us and we'll see what we can do, you will also find that searching Google with the error may help you out a little. Maybe ;).

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
aha thx sorted it now it just wasent detecting the drivers or summet thx for the help :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom