Soo mids, one keep to have some iRVR wasnt enough I guess.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
sooo a question for all the albs. Why in gods name run around hib and take mid keeps there instead of going mid?

Sounds kinda.... well stupid imo.
Are you suprised? I bet they are afrid of gettign iRvR now. :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
=Elrandhirnever let anyone hold any keeps for longer times tbh/QUOTE]

mids hade berk for i dont know how long...and never tryd a AC raid attempt there...think mids/albs working together now

Actually during the time Mids held Berks they tried to take Beno during the early part of the day on serveal occasions and even succeeded and moved on to Bold on one of these attempts.

I genuinely feel sorry for the few Hibs who have tried over the past week to block ports and retake towers but there seem to have been precious few of them, I know first hand how it feels to be abused for even trying it nevermind being outnumbered while 100 of your realm 'mates' run about happy with their rps/hour.

As for iRvR being stuck in Hib now - quite likely but at least when those who are fed up with it hit something in Mid now they are not likely to die of old age sitting in a tower :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Don't take away atos' only victory in daoc after 4 years of playing.

:wanker:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Don't take away atos' only victory in daoc after 4 years of playing.

:wanker:

Yeah its a shame isnt it? :mad: So I suppose I'm in the lead now then huh?

illu

Part of the furniture
I predict the future:

Tonight: Fights everywhere, Lots of Albs and Hibs in Midland causing grief
Thurs: First Alb Instaport
Fri: Albs and Hibs Raiding Midland
Sat: Albs take Mid and Hib Relics from Midland
Sun: Albs have 6 relics and steamroll everyone for a very long time.

The weeks to follow:
Mids make numerous attempts to get their relics, to get backstabbed by the Hibs each time in "revenge" for pinching their relics.

The months to follow:
The game gets boring because Albs are all powerful and people get bored at the imbalance.

I suppose it was a good thing to happen in that people were getting bored of iRvR, but on the other hand I was enjoying iRvR, lots of fights against every kind of opponent, and not really caring if I died because I could be back in no time. Now I imagine it will go back to the more cautious approach, more Arti and item effects up and for me anyway, makes for a much more boring game.

Ah well, iRvR was fun while it lasted. I kinda feel sorry for the Hibs as there was a kind of "gentlemen's agreement" that everyone was enjoying iRvR and no other towers/keeps would be touched.

Alarm Clock Raids are a crappy bit about this game, they really ought to implement a better system to bring back the epic fights of yesteryear, in primetime. I personally think that when logging off, you should maybe have an option to put an auto-character at a Relic until you log back in again, that will defend the relic while you sleep. This way a minority of players could not affect the game which the majority play, and could not take a relic due to the numerous "guards".
Also the Relics should work in a different way, maybe giving different bonuses for different days like +10% RP or +10%XP or +10% Crafting time, whatever, but it shouldn't affect the way we fight against eachother because the whole time Mythic is trying to even out the players, the Relics totally unbalance it :/

And maybe Relics should be reset every month.

Oli - Illu

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
=Elrandhirnever let anyone hold any keeps for longer times tbh/QUOTE]

mids hade berk for i dont know how long...and never tryd a AC raid attempt there...think mids/albs working together now

No need to quote me, even though im not all to young anylonger I aint so old that I forget what I post tbh, still that was how it was last time we had iRvR with mids here, but I have to say, just don't let anyone have insta access to us tbh, it's just asking for trouble really.

You added to the quote at the end, I dident say the lst thing though, and I don't think mids and albs work together, but ofcourse everyone wants to have a piece of the action.

Bah never mind the last, guess that was you'r own statement, so many posts and I read so fast that I missread I think.

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
Does no one else think it is quite sad that it seems the majority want our frontier to basically be 1 mid keep 1 hib keep and one alb keep all within clip distance of each other so you can port run out kill or be killed and then repeat over and over?

I thought this game had better pvp(rvr) over the likes of WoW because it was not exactly like above, are FG getting so bored that instead of picking a frontier to roam in and having unexpected fights they just want to have them on their doorstep? soloers whinge about getting adds and steam rolled this is simple irvr is the cause of it so many people wanted to rvr cramed between 3 keeps.

Im glad Mids took relics and the ones that did it good luck to them shows they still play the game for what it was designed for.

Dont think we need to worry about the likes of WoW or Warhammer killing DAOC we see to be doing a fine job ourselves. :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chamie said:
Glad to see roleplayers still playing

I'm not a roleplayer, I actually am a computerised 3d representation of a smite cleric. I've somehow broken out of the server and manage to post on these forums.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
illu said:
The months to follow:
The game gets boring because Albs are all powerful and people get bored at the imbalance.

You forgot: VF complains about smite clerics outnuking him ;)

Plus:
one of mid or hib will do a raid, the other realm will join in on a different keep and alb will be left with 0 relics again as half the realm will be on an ML raid or something :)

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Woot mids sinking down to the lvl of them spanish albs only playing at night.
Ye U know who I mean :puke:

Btw flim never met U in RvR yet or maybe thats just cause I forgot your smithers name ;)

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Personally im glad Irvr has gone (to some degree)
I enjoy having lots of opponents to fight and a good concentration of enemy in one area is fun for all (if you like fighting over a bridge 20 times a night) but the amount of buffbots in emain was truely crippling. (several LD's a night)

If irvr happens again please spend just 30 seconds more parking your BB somewhere else and port from there to irvr.

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
ROFL! Yeah they gave me a nice melee/magic bonus

All you need now is the skill to use them on something other than an NPC keep guard.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bistrup666 said:
Btw flim never met U in RvR yet or maybe thats just cause I forgot your smithers name ;)

Look for a Glamis or a Fingzor or possibly an Ererim these days.

Not out an awful lot (I'm far from a 24/7 player ;)) and more often found near a keep than agramon :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
I'm not a roleplayer, I actually am a computerised 3d representation of a smite cleric. I've somehow broken out of the server and manage to post on these forums.

Does that mean your a gimp irl too? ;)

<3

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not particularly thrilled with having those two keeps. It destroyed iRVR for me - there's no Albs and Hibs left in the top part of the hib frontier now - except FGs and zergs.

Boring. :/

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Rst said:
All you need now is the skill to use them on something other than an NPC keep guard.
WTF everyone being mean to me. It's like a plastic girl never says no. =/

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz Mids for a successful PvE Relic Raid. Was glad to be involved - not.

So far I had some respect for Mids being some sort of chivalrous. Gone down the gutter this morning.

Sure, every realm has done their AC raids. If you dig long enough, sure you find something non chivalrous. But the recent Hib raids weren't AC raids like Alb is renowned for.

Good to see Mid degrading itself to Albions in another disguise. Less respect that way.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Mnexxiz said:
Gratz Mids for a successful PvE Relic Raid. Was glad to be involved - not.

So far I had some respect for Mids being some sort of chivalrous. Gone down the gutter this morning.

Sure, every realm has done their AC raids. If you dig long enough, sure you find something non chivalrous. But the recent Hib raids weren't AC raids like Alb is renowned for.

Good to see Mid degrading itself to Albions in another disguise. Less respect that way.

Think people should remember, it's only a select few people who did this. so Stop bloody generalising an entire realm when 95% of them didn't even do anything.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Ha I read the first page then skipped 17 pages of whine to get here just to post this...how good is that!! Faster than light speed I reckon !!

Framer

Loyal Freddie
this is just really really sad.. I mean to even bother about writing 18 pages of whine for mid doing something hibs and albs have done also is just lame.. I mean for fuck sake it is just a game get a fucking grip... the beloved relic of youres is just a few lines of net code... OMG NO THE STOLE OUR NET CODE! GET IT BACK! for fuck sake grow up

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

Maybe youde be better served humping your plastic girl than towers at 4am.

Hibs atm /who Tears 5 /who Eclipse 1 /who Dawn 4 /who Fist 5 /who Group 0 /who Realm 5 and on and on it goes enjoy your 15 mins of fame you and your band of Relic horny cronies deff scrwewd up numbers for rvr

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

wonder why realy.. btw getting to sleep early? poor defence from mids tonight.. new time settings on the clock inc or what?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Framer said:
this is just really really sad.. I mean to even bother about writing 18 pages of whine for mid doing something hibs and albs have done also is just lame.. I mean for fuck sake it is just a game get a fucking grip... the beloved relic of youres is just a few lines of net code... OMG NO THE STOLE OUR NET CODE! GET IT BACK! for fuck sake grow up

18 pages with different people writing. Many people only made 1 post, making you as big a culprit for the 18 pages as most other people :p Ooh and by the way, your post is the most aggressive of the lot. If you think others should 'grow up' for being annoyed, well you sound more annoyed then anyonelse so maybe you should follow your own words of 'wisdom'?

As for the relic situation, the only thing I thought when I saw what had happened was amusement :D The hypocricy of people when relics get taken is laughable. And as for blaming 'midgard', it wasn't all of midgard there. But then again, last time albion did the same, all of albion got blamed by a select few as well. The very same people here who are saying 'hey hey, don't blame me, I wasn't there!'.

:D

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Rst said:
Hibs atm /who Tears 5 /who Eclipse 1 /who Dawn 4 /who Fist 5 /who Group 0 /who Realm 5 and on and on it goes enjoy your 15 mins of fame you and your band of Relic horny cronies deff scrwewd up numbers for rvr

Good thing that tonights Champion L. finale had nothing to do with that ! :rolleyes:

mettrik

Fledgling Freddie
again its a 24/7 game, if people put as much effort into RvR as they do whines might have some fun , go play the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom