Sony Xperia Z

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Not as an upgrade :) but yeh as a new conn definitely be a struggle, Shagrat got below that with cashback too so it's definitely possible :) if you're with org/voda thats where you'll get best price, maybe even T-Mob infact :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's O2 - Everyone else is shit round here, O2 are the only ones who work in my house and the pub.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
DPD tried to deliver today 4 minutes into their delivery slot. Didn't ring the intercom, never heard the door. So fucking annoyed. Going to have to leave a note on the door that tells them to knock, rather than tickle it. Wouldn't have been an issue with the intercom as that thing is LOUD. Grrrr.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I have my Z :) haven't got it home yet have a play, bit the demo unit in store was lush. Flies along, videos looked awesome on that screen with Bravia Engine enabled, and got a pretty good deal off Orange. Me = happy camper.

Anyone want to buy an Xperia S? :)

Bodhi

This Z is awesome. Corking screen and can't get over how quick it is. Just need Brodit to do one of their car mounts for it now.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The camera on the one puts me off, as does sense looking less android than ever. The design looks lush though. The z looks great apart from the screen... and the s4 just looks like a massive gimmick.

Bodhi

It's still a great time to be in the market for a phone, all manufacturers seem to have good contenders at the high end....if anything now the iPhone is the weakest of the lot.

Screen on.the Z is fine by the way, no issues with viewing angles here at all, especially in videos and photos when Bravia Engine is doing it's thing. Videos look especially stunning.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Coming from a s3 I'd notice the difference though... What's the camera like for lag? It was a common complaint in early reviews.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The camera on the one puts me off, as does sense looking less android than ever. The design looks lush though. The z looks great apart from the screen... and the s4 just looks like a massive gimmick.

Well the camera's great in low light but less so in normal light. I never use the camera on my phone anyway so it's a non-issue for me. The fact the phone is LIGHTNING fast and has an unbelievably nice screen are the real killers. Sound quality is good for music too, been really impressed with Blinkfeed and the whole build quality is superb, by far the best phone I've handled.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Is there any network that does good data usage without shitloads of texts/minutes? i barely use my minutes these days but use a canny bit of data.

Bodhi

Ch3tan said:
Coming from a s3 I'd notice the difference though... What's the camera like for lag? It was a common complaint in early reviews.

Slight lag starting it up but I'd say it was around a second, and slightly quicker than starting the camera on my old S. Only the lack of a dedicated camera button is a slight annoyance, but that is.probably to.do with the water resistance.

I'm probably not the best person to comment on the screen vs the S3, as I really can't be doing with Samsung screens and their cartoony colours, the screen on this is far more realistic, and really steps up a gear watching videos. Blacks are probably not as black as AMOLED, but all the other colours are way better.

Battery life is pretty good too. Took it off charge yesterday morning, played with it pretty much all day, went to bed and still had 30% left. My S or iPhone 4 would never have lasted out the day.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Went with the Missus to get her replacement for her Galaxy S2 today. Showed her the S3, the One X and the Xperia Z and she looked at them all and said "why are they also ridiculously big?" and got an iPhone 5 instead...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You're not married yet are you? It's not too late to walk away.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Went with the Missus to get her replacement for her Galaxy S2 today. Showed her the S3, the One X and the Xperia Z and she looked at them all and said "why are they also ridiculously big?" and got an iPhone 5 instead...

Clearly adapted to smaller things :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Argh! It's the 28th, upgrade day. I'm sat at work, where's my new phone dammit, I don't do waiting :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If it was Yodel doing the "delivery" you might be lucky enough to buy it on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom